PDA

View Full Version : Shoei Multitech helmet

Greg O
11-20-2015, 06:07 PM
I just bought a new display Shoei Multitech helmet off Ebay. Question, does anyone out there have one, and is this a good helmet, and how do you like it.

six2go
11-20-2015, 06:47 PM
I have one, and until the Neo-Tech came along, it was my favorite helmet ever. Now it's in 3rd place behind the Neo-Tech and J-Cruise. I like Shoei helmets. They fit my noggin' and have very plush interiors of which most can be removed for cleaning.

Big Cat
11-21-2015, 08:01 AM
They are both great helmets. I have had both, and like six2go said, the J-Cruise is now my fave. But for a good video on the differences, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDpbDRSbFYQ.

six2go
11-21-2015, 12:14 PM
I should add that I had to buy the thinner cheekpads for all 3 (Multi-tech,Neo-tech, & J-cruise)Shoeis to get the optimum fit. I'm kinda of a "chubby cheeked" little guy.

motozeke
11-21-2015, 12:44 PM
I own a Multitec, but haven't used it since I bought my Schuberth C3 Pro. The Shoei is great for the money, but the Schuberth is smaller, lighter, quieter and more comfortable. Basically, you pay more to get more--same as with the Shoei Neotec.

coachk
11-23-2015, 04:34 PM
I bought a Neotec and love it...with the exception that was already stated. My fat cheeks need the thinner pads!

Greg O
11-24-2015, 02:43 PM
I received my new helmet yesterday. Now I have a small and I got this helmet in a medium and this helmet feels tight, not uncomfortable tight. How tight should a helmet fit?

wjduke
11-24-2015, 02:51 PM
I received my new helmet yesterday. Now I have a small and I got this helmet in a medium and this helmet feels tight, not uncomfortable tight. How tight should a helmet fit?

I was told tight, because the pads will flatten a bit with time. I have a medium that's real snug but should loosen up. I had an XL last time!