PDA

View Full Version : Your Tax Dollars at Work

Phantom
11-22-2015, 12:19 PM
:icon_cool:

I like it, kind of cool, it's our future cargo plane .....

Willl
11-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Photo looks fake ?

Cool looking bird though

Any more information on it?

Phantom
11-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Photo looks fake ?

Cool looking bird though

Any more information on it?

Newly awarded contract to one of the large manufacturers. It is a rendering for a future bomber / cargo aircraft.

willtill
11-22-2015, 06:00 PM
Maybe you should title this thread as "Your tax dollars being spent" :icon_lol:

:icon_cool: bird. Maybe some stealth technology built into it; from the presented shape.

stroguy
11-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Not much stealth when you strap on those big turbofans on top of the fuselage. Just can't see that being a functional cargo plane. You need height at the wings and I miss the drive in drive out mentality of the C5 and AN series ruskie planes. That's an old C141 tail photochopped on that tadpole.

Phantom
11-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Not much stealth when you strap on those big turbofans on top of the fuselage. Just can't see that being a functional cargo plane. You need height at the wings and I miss the drive in drive out mentality of the C5 and An series ruskie planes. That's an old C141 tail photochopped on that tadpole.

Its supposed to be the replacement for the C-17

willtill
11-23-2015, 06:58 AM
This thread brings back memories...

When I was deployed in Macedonia, UNPROFOR would contract for both US and Russian air resupply flights to sustain the task force I was with. Air Force used C130's, C141's and occasionally a C5. The Russians would fly in their AN-124's and they were quite a sight; to see them fly in and especially take off. Seemingly it looked like each flight taking off was going to crash at the end of the runway at Petrovec.

Russian flight crews were friendly, all smiling but dirty and unshaven; as opposed to the American flight crews. You could see empty vodka bottles strewn here and there on the sides of the cargo hold deck as well. :icon_lol:

ReserveBum
11-23-2015, 07:26 AM
and what our Russian friends are up to:

Wing'n it
11-23-2015, 08:44 PM
You could see empty vodka bottles strewn here and there on the sides of the cargo hold deck as well. :icon_lol:

That's called "flight lessons" or "bravery in a bottle"