PDA

View Full Version : opinions on daytime LED running lights

Brasco
11-25-2015, 11:36 PM
I'm interested in opinions on the pros and cons between the Socal LED running lights with integrated amber turn signals versus the Show Chrome version which doesn't have the turn signal function. For those with these lights, any thoughts on which may throw the most light or be highest visibility? Do you think the turn signal function on the Socals loses you too much white light when compared to the Show Chromes?

Steve 0080
11-26-2015, 12:27 AM
There both very nice...depends what you want...

SierraKen
11-26-2015, 02:41 PM
I have the SoCal lights with the integrated turn signals and I get plenty of light. Also like having the integrated turn signals. I run with them on during the day for added visibility and use them at night when off the freeway for added light. They really widen the light on the road. Installation was straight forward too.

stukatz
11-26-2015, 03:40 PM
I have the SoCal lights with the integrated turn signals and I get plenty of light. Also like having the integrated turn signals. I run with them on during the day for added visibility and use them at night when off the freeway for added light. They really widen the light on the road. Installation was straight forward too.

+1

Brasco
11-26-2015, 10:32 PM

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!

yellow rex
11-27-2015, 07:32 AM
If you what about a week I will post photos of all three of the greatest lights, I just order the show chrome and already have the
SCAL and the 960 on two of my 1800 now the third one is getting the show chrome.

Baytown
11-27-2015, 06:55 PM
I just finished wiring my bike up to the SoCal Pathfinders with DRL/Indicator function as well as spots.
Also, Switchback LEDs' and smoked lenses, plus Kuryakyn fender Amber LED/ Indicators.
BRIGHT! And any one who runs me over had better have a ood excuse!
Highly recommended if you want to be noticed.
I had to wire up a fullloom for the LED spots, as the Aussie spec bikes dont have spots connectors in the cowling loom unlike US spec bikes.
Best wishes.
Ken

ths61
11-27-2015, 07:27 PM
If you what about a week I will post photos of all three of the greatest lights, I just order the show chrome and already have the
SCAL and the 960 on two of my 1800 now the third one is getting the show chrome.

Those side-by-side picts should deserve a reference sticky.

Brasco
11-27-2015, 08:52 PM

Seeing those together would be fantastic. Look forward to that post in a week or so. Thanks Yellow Rex! :yes:

Steve 0080
11-28-2015, 03:21 PM
For light down the road you will be hard pressed to best the 960's, for light, the ShowChrome, for style then the SoCal's can't be beat !!!!!

yellow rex
11-30-2015, 11:17 PM
From left to right Pathfinders, Show Chrome, and the brightest lights 960s. Sorry I had not put cowl on the show chrome due to aiming the lights that's why they look round.

ths61
11-30-2015, 11:25 PM
From left to right Pathfinders, Show Chrome, and the brightest lights 960s. Sorry I had not put cowl on the show chrome due to aiming the lights that's why they look round.

Thanks for the picts.

Are the ShowChromes the rectangular LEDs (they look round) ?

Are all of the lights aimed the same way (ShowChrome doesn't light up immediately in front of the bike) ?

What is the order of the usable light down the road ?

Also, what headlights is the 960 bike running (HID or LED) ? It looks like the 2 on the left are running OEM halogens.

TIA

yellow rex
11-30-2015, 11:57 PM
ths61 I posted that the lower cowl was not on the Show Chrome lights due to aiming the lights that is why they look round.

My wife's trike has the 960s,the head lights are 35w 5000k HIDs 29.95 if you like info on where to buy these pm me.

I have a friend that runs 55w 5000k HIDs and they are blinding no one likes to ride in front of him.

Brasco
12-01-2015, 10:56 PM

Thanks Yellow Rex . . . this would have taken you some time to set up and it's greatly appreciated -- very helpful. Thanks for doing this. It has helped me and will no doubt help a lot of others trying to make the right decision on which system to buy. :clap2:

yellow rex
12-02-2015, 12:54 AM
The problem with the Show Chrome and Led Pathfinder is led lights look good when looking at them, but they just do not put much light down the road.
I think the 960s are cree and that is a lot of light down the road.
When I had my 02 wing I had a switch to turn of the head lights for light shows, I would turn them of with the wife riding behind me and the road was lit up pretty good.
The 960 are a little more work to install do to the adjustable mounting brackets.

ths61
12-02-2015, 01:08 AM
Anyone running the 960's think they would need a dimmer for them or can you run them day and night in regular traffic at 100% ?

TIA

Stone Laker
12-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Warranty: The parts have date codes and for the customer, the warranty begins from the dealer’s invoice/receipt. There is an insert informing the customer to contact/email the manufacturer for technical issues. The customer must provide proof of purchase from the dealer, be issued a RMA and the lights will be replaced or repaired. Warranty does not cover condensation as this could be a result of riding in different weather conditions.

This is Socal/Add On's warranty. The last line in this tells you everything.
They know they will get water in them.

Hornblower
12-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Anyone running the 960's think they would need a dimmer for them or can you run them day and night in regular traffic at 100% ?
TIA

IMO, no dimmer required to run them full-time. While they are very bright, they are mounted low and are not aimed up. The main function of these for me is to illuminate the road right in front. Beyond that, my low and high beam LED headlights take over.

Stone Laker
01-18-2016, 09:26 AM
Direct Line Parts has a great price on the Show Chrome Lights. They have them on sale for $199.00.
https://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=3011977&str=0&mdl=&mdy=

98valk
01-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Direct Line Parts has a great price on the Show Chrome Lights. They have them on sale for $199.00.
https://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=3011977&str=0&mdl=&mdy=

Wow, that is a good price. Includes shipping, too!

buckeyeken47
01-18-2016, 01:15 PM
I really like the built in turn signal feature in the Pathfinders. After reading the warranty provided above I am a little concerned. Has anyone had any negative experience with this product?

ths61
01-18-2016, 01:59 PM
I really like the built in turn signal feature in the Pathfinders. After reading the warranty provided above I am a little concerned. Has anyone had any negative experience with this product?

They have been out less than a year, so there is no longevity feedback yet. On the other hand, I haven't heard of any infant moralities like one of the other models had which the manufacturer replaced.