PDA

View Full Version : On a lighter note

MichaelG
08-14-2013, 06:56 PM
I live pretty far out in the country. Out in the woods. Right now I can hear the bells and chimes of an old-fashioned Ice Cream Truck making his rounds up and down our long and winding road. I cannot imagine that this Ice Cream Truck is going to get any business out here, as most of the people on this hill are older...retired...(well, you get the picture)

But, as we can all remember, as kids growing up with a daily or weekly Ice Cream Truck cruising our neighborhoods, it is a quaint sound, a melody of good times gone bye.:icon_lol:

contek
08-14-2013, 07:49 PM
I hear that, literally. We had the Good Humor man when I was a kid. We always ran to the truck when we heard his bells, even if we had no money (we usually didn't). He knew it and would give us what he called "the 2 cent special", which was a handful of frost scraped from his freezer and thrown in our face. We loved it. Great guy. Thanks for the memory jog Miles. See you in Franklin. :cheers:

ghostrider
08-15-2013, 01:39 PM
I heard a story about a guy saying that when he was younger his dad used to tell him that when the ice cream truck was playing music, it meant that it was out of ice cream......Some parents.... :icon_rolleyes:

Bike44
08-15-2013, 01:45 PM
The sweet tooth guy cruises the neighborhood on a daily basis in summer. He tries to hit the sugar low period after lunch and dinner. My dog has taken to hearing the musical sounds of "Pop goes the Weasel" and warning of his approach.

MichaelG
08-15-2013, 01:46 PM
I heard a story about a guy saying that when he was younger his dad used to tell him that when the ice cream truck was playing music, it meant that it was out of ice cream......Some parents.... :icon_rolleyes:

GhostRider, that is sooo sad.....that because of that.....I am going to be riding through Boise on way East to the F6B gathering in Franklin, NC., and I am going to find you in Boise, force you onto your bike, and drag you across the country, yelping and hollering all the way, just so that you can attend the F6B gathering.:icon_razz:

ghostrider
08-15-2013, 02:03 PM
GhostRider, that is sooo sad.....that because of that.....I am going to be riding through Boise on way East to the F6B gathering in Franklin, NC., and I am going to find you in Boise, force you onto your bike, and drag you across the country, yelping and hollering all the way, just so that you can attend the F6B gathering.:icon_razz:

Haha ok, I'm sure it's going to be an awesome trip but not quite in the stars for me this time even though I'd love to ride that part of the country. I'll have to make it to the west coast version of it (or the Banff version).

I will say one thing though Miles, next week I'm taking a road that you may have never been on. :shock: It will be a first for me. It's the road going to Wallowa lake, Oregon from the back side(from the Hells Canyon side). BTW Hells Canyon is the deepest river cut canyon in the US. You have to zoom the map in pretty close just to even see the road and it's all paved. I will post some pics after the trip.

MichaelG
08-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I will say one thing though Miles, next week I'm taking a road that you may have never been on. :shock: It will be a first for me. It's the road going to Wallowa lake, Oregon from the back side(from the Hells Canyon side). BTW Hells Canyon is the deepest river cut canyon in the US. You have to zoom the map in pretty close just to even see the road and it's all paved. I will post some pics after the trip.

I will politely say..."Been there..Ridden that road". :icon_mrgreen:

ghostrider
08-15-2013, 04:04 PM
I will politely say..."Been there..Ridden that road". :icon_mrgreen:

Hahahahah I should of guessed. :clap2:

kjelders
08-15-2013, 06:32 PM
I have ridden that road as well. :icon_cool:

ghostrider
08-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Wow!!! I didn't know it was such a popular road!! I thought it was a newly dicovered road by me. :icon_biggrin:

Should be an interesting road though, with the Hell's Canyon overlook and zero traffic.

MichaelG
08-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Wow!!! I didn't know it was such a popular road!! I thought it was a newly dicovered road by me. :icon_biggrin:

Should be an interesting road though, with the Hell's Canyon overlook and zero traffic.

Been through that area and on that specific road so many times, that I am aware of the propensity to have gravel in the curves and corners, so a rider needs to be mindful of that. It can also get hot riding through there, so it is best done in Spring or Fall, rather than the dead of Summer or Winter. That road is a real peg scraper, and could challenge the Dragon's Tail for the number of curves per miles.:icon_cool:

ghostrider
08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
It must be a good road then.

Thanks for the heads up on the gravel. I know if you travel to Hells Canyon dam to the end of the road, there are a lot of rocks in the road. At one point there is a chain link fence above your head just to protect against falling rock. But I'm sure I'll be taking it easy with all the new scenery to look at.

kjelders
08-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Sunday Morning Sex

Upon hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95 year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning.

"Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 years old having sex would surely be asking for trouble. "Oh no, my dear," replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice and slow and even. Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong." She paused to wipe away a tear, and continued, "He'd still be alive if the ice cream truck hadn't come along."