PDA

View Full Version : Before and After

Old Ryder
12-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Got my H7 LEDs installed. Here are some of the pictures. Can you tell the before and after?

Wish now I had turned off those dang 960 fog/running lights!

espiros
12-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Are you using the LED for low beans?
I use them and didn't like them because the flow the light all over and not far away as HID does.
I now have HID for low bean and LEDS for highs.
This combo is a killer (in my opinion)

ths61
12-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Got my H7 LEDs installed. Here are some of the pictures. Can you tell the before and after?

Wish now I had turned off those dang 960 fog/running lights!

The first set (wall picture) look brighter, whiter with more light as well as match the color of the 960's better.

The second set (wall picture) has better cuttoffs, but looks like less light and a bit yellowish.

The enumerated names of the JPGs indicate you are trying to trick us. :nono: :nono:

Are you using the LED for low beans?
I use them and didn't like them because the flow the light all over and not far away as HID does.
I now have HID for low bean and LEDS for highs.
This combo is a killer (in my opinion)

I have 55W HIDs for low and just ordered the 80 watt 9,800 lumen H7's to get rid of the yellow OEM high beams.

espiros
12-03-2015, 02:55 PM
I have 55W HIDs for low and just ordered the 80 watt 9,800 lumen H7's to get rid of the yellow OEM high beams.

Yes, same here.

Willl
12-03-2015, 03:14 PM
The first set (wall picture) look brighter, whiter with more light as well as match the color of the 960's better.

The second set (wall picture) has better cuttoffs, but looks like less light and a bit yellowish.

+1

ths61
12-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Old Ryder, have you taken it out for a dark night spin yet ?

Old Ryder
12-03-2015, 04:37 PM

The enumerated names of the JPGs indicate you are trying to trick us. :nono: :nono:

Dang it--you guys are too smart for me. The pictures in the correct number from lowest to highest are front shot OEM--wall shot OEM then the front shot of the bike is the left side is LED and the right side light is OEM--4th shot is front bike with LED and last pic number is wall shot of LED.

Old Ryder, have you taken it out for a dark night spin yet ?

No--if I am riding at night it is because I had a problem --got hung up somewhere-- or just poor planning. I live in an area where the deer out number humans. The wife throws a tantrum if I even talk about riding at night. If I do, then I am using the high beams most of the time. Seriously---here in rural NC, all the critters --- and bugs come out at night.

I had the HID on my Victorys and liked them a lot---had LEDs on my Harley and liked them, too. My priority is being seen more so than seeing in the dark. Plus the dang yellow lights were bugging me. 'riding'

Apache1
12-04-2015, 08:19 PM
When you guys are installing the higher watt bulbs, ie 80W high beams, is it just a plug and play? I had a bike melt the connector due to higher Watt bulbs! And is it standard to run 55W low beams and 80W high?

okf6b
12-05-2015, 01:47 AM
When you guys are installing the higher watt bulbs, ie 80W high beams, is it just a plug and play? I had a bike melt the connector due to higher Watt bulbs! And is it standard to run 55W low beams and 80W high?

More info on the H7 LED install can be found here (http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7012-LED-H7-Headlights-Revisited). The H7 LED's are actually 40 watts/4800 lumen per bulb so the kit total for both high beam bulbs is 80 watts/9600 lumen. I'd be very leery about installing a single 80 watt bulb for the reason you mentioned. Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/391258489783?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2F i.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D3912584 89783%26_rdc%3D1) is the best place to order them. I ordered a set from Ebay and had them in three days. I ordered a second set straight from DHGATE and delivery took 3 weeks. They were shipped from China.