PDA

View Full Version : Expensive week!

Old Ryder
12-03-2015, 05:36 PM
So my H7 LEDs arrived yesterday and as I was putting the bike on the centerstand, I noticed it was hard to push. After getting it on the stand, I discovered a very low rear tire. I started spinning the tire around and found a piece of metal and that is when I noticed it probably needs replacing anyway after 10,000 miles. However, the front looks good.

So then I remember the deals on eBay from the dealers converting to trikes so I go looking. There is one from a dealer that wanted $350 plus $25 to ship and the tire was slightly used, but it was the black for the B. After getting frustrated and giving up with him, I finally ordered one from the same dealer I got my center stand from--- NEW for $270 shipped. It is the shiney silver Gold wing wheel, but I can always use my trusty PlastiDip. Then I got to thinking that now would be a great time to order my Centramatic Wheel Balancer that I have been wanting to install, so I pulled up my Wingstuff account----then I remembered I need to order some grommets for some of my tupperware.

So yea, between the lights, wheel, tire, and balancers ---oh yea,--there was the taxes and registration I did Monday for about $150----it has been a bit of an expensive week. The $5 grommets ain't a big deal. "ccsmiley":tissue:

Steve 0080
12-03-2015, 06:02 PM
I have felt your pain many,many,many times !!!!! Thinking of looking for my bike's new owner so I can start again !!!

Fla_rider
12-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Parts replaced from hit and run.

1. 6"Kuryakyn peg extensions
2. connector bolts Kuryakyn
3. New peg Kuryakyn
total $150

Powder coat above with passenger floorboards won from Rally. $85

4. Right side engine guard - $150

Audiochris90
12-04-2015, 10:19 AM
So my H7 LEDs arrived yesterday and as I was putting the bike on the centerstand, I noticed it was hard to push. After getting it on the stand, I discovered a very low rear tire. I started spinning the tire around and found a piece of metal and that is when I noticed it probably needs replacing anyway after 10,000 miles. However, the front looks good.

So then I remember the deals on eBay from the dealers converting to trikes so I go looking. There is one from a dealer that wanted $350 plus $25 to ship and the tire was slightly used, but it was the black for the B. After getting frustrated and giving up with him, I finally ordered one from the same dealer I got my center stand from--- NEW for $270 shipped. It is the shiney silver Gold wing wheel, but I can always use my trusty PlastiDip. Then I got to thinking that now would be a great time to order my Centramatic Wheel Balancer that I have been wanting to install, so I pulled up my Wingstuff account----then I remembered I need to order some grommets for some of my tupperware.

So yea, between the lights, wheel, tire, and balancers ---oh yea,--there was the taxes and registration I did Monday for about $150----it has been a bit of an expensive week. The $5 grommets ain't a big deal. "ccsmiley":tissue:
So tell me about the H 7 led, are they the showchromes or other. Do they work well? Where did you get them? Do they have to be modded with a spacer?

98valk
12-04-2015, 11:21 AM
So tell me about the H 7 led, are they the showchromes or other. Do they work well? Where did you get them? Do they have to be modded with a spacer?

Read this thread. It's all there and an interesting read. The last couple of pages will directly answer your questions.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7012-LED-H7-Headlights-Revisited

Old Ryder
12-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Read this thread. It's all there and an interesting read. The last couple of pages will directly answer your questions.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7012-LED-H7-Headlights-Revisited

Yep! and then you can read this

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7578-Before-and-After

98valk
12-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Yep! and then you can read this

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7578-Before-and-After

Doh! :banghead: That's the thread I was looking for.

Nice pics. I like the middle one with one oem light and one led light. Good comparison.