PDA

View Full Version : Custom paint

phunter32
12-04-2015, 09:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows somewhere in TN that I can get a good paint job at a decent price. The color I want is green.

jkelley
12-05-2015, 06:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows somewhere in TN that I can get a good paint job at a decent price. The color I want is green.

From my experience you can get either a "good paint job" or one at a "decent price" but the two will not come in the same package unless you are going to do all of the tear down and reassembly. There are several shops that will paint only in your area, and in western NC as well.

RickW
12-05-2015, 07:54 AM
From my experience you can get either a "good paint job" or one at a "decent price" but the two will not come in the same package unless you are going to do all of the tear down and reassembly. There are several shops that will paint only in your area, and in western NC as well.

He is right, it will not be cheap. Depends on what your definition of a decent price is.
Probably the most reasonable being closest to you is Schroader Honda in Hendersonville NC.
http://schroaders.com/
I have seen several of their custom paint jobs and they look very good and the price is quite reasonable. Since they are used to taking them apart, that part is a lot cheaper.
You probably are looking at $2000 or more, it is cheaper if you purchase directly from them.

stroguy
12-05-2015, 08:05 AM
You want quality then it means disassembly, prep and reassembly. Spraying the color is the quick and easy part. Disassembly, prep and finish and reassembly is where the labor is. You can save by doing the disassembly and bringing the panels to the painter, having them colored and finished and then you reinstall. When you say decent price.....MAACO can be interpreted as a decent price. They will mask and spray and send you on your way. $1500-$2000 is a good starting point for a one or two color paint scheme. You want graphics? Well now you've entered the twilight zone where prices can soar. Good luck and take a day trip around to painters and let them see the bike and give you some quotes.

Big Cat
12-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Lucky for you, there is a real good painter not far from you. Johnny (JD) Doyle, is in Mt. Juliet, just east of Nashville. His number is 615-275-6548. I just picked up some matte silver pieces he did for me. He has done excellent paint work on three GL1800s for me, yellow, white, and matte silver.