PDA

View Full Version : Dang it...Dropped da sucker! Middle of Missouri

JetBlackWing
12-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Ha, Replaced the speakers, added the hondaline backrest, and larger windshield...guess what.. did,nt figure I'd notice a difference in center gravity as the temp thawed the frozen grass,...but was wrong..boom! squash right foot..ouch (no damage) and scrape the right forearm (will heal soon enough) I just was in a bad spot pulling out on my ramp, and didn't have enough ramp on the right side, and the lean turned out uncontrollable with no footing available :icon_rolleyes: Guess I added 10-15lbs of high center gravity to the equation, and made matters worse.

Well now comes...either sell this bike (I'm leaning...no pun intended to me...this way), and stay with the 1900 Stratoliner, which I have twice the control over (and is looking like a old friend right now), even with it's stock seat, or find a saddle I like for the F6B that will help for a 30 inch inseamer. Just checking what saddles are makes, to help fit us shorter guys (mustang ...corbin?) that others have had success with.

VP8
12-07-2015, 12:43 PM
I've been happy with my Mustang seat. Drops you down and back 1" and has a built in back rest.

JetBlackWing
12-07-2015, 01:03 PM
I've been happy with my Mustang seat. Drops you down and back 1" and has a built in back rest.

A lower would be a must, long as my inside thighs are'nt wearing off the paint of the side covers below the seat, but I don't need to be seated back farther, so this is the type of info that is helpful...thanks man...I need a seat that the late model Valkyrie uses, now that felt good to me when I sat on it. Anyone know if they are interchange able, (and if the side covers below the seat are the same as I didn't notice a thigh contact issue it either)? I have to travel 30 miles on way to check them out myself.

willtill
12-07-2015, 01:04 PM
How wide is your ramp? Narrow ramp = :nono: ...for a heavy motorcycle.

This is the ramp that I use; one of my Amish sheds is on an incline; so I attached four ATV type ramps together with (many) large hose clamps, and gave myself some sure footing with non-slip adhesive strips on the outer ramps.

http://i68.tinypic.com/6jn50l.jpg

JetBlackWing
12-07-2015, 01:19 PM
How wide is your ramp? Narrow ramp = :nono: ...for a heavy motorcycle.

This is the ramp that I use; one of my Amish sheds is on an incline; so I attached four ATV type ramps together with (many) large hose clamps, and gave myself some sure footing with non-slip adhesive strips on the outer ramps.

http://i68.tinypic.com/6jn50l.jpg

Now that shed is set up well...nice work.

My ramp was 4' x 4', rise was about 6-7 inches, which I have to back into when done with the ride! Can only do it because of an incline (Photo shot infront of garage showing slope) But I do have to get a rolling run at it ...backwords...wee...here we go...Look out Annie (my dog watches closely as the operation transpires) I'm just shy of 5'4 and 130lbs, the bike doesn't even know I'm there, and Annie is of no help at all when it come to lifting the bike up if it goes wrong!

stevenolts
12-07-2015, 04:08 PM
I have a 29" inseam and a Mustang seat. I am not 100% flat footed but I am good enough. I will eventually add the fork and rear lowering / but it is a little pricy.

The need for more and more money never seems to end for new parts and gear. I only rode the Stratoliner once and I still wanted the Raider more. The F6B was a must have after the first test ride . But now I know better the F6B is the best by far.
Steve

Heavvyduty
12-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Ha, Replaced the speakers, added the hondaline backrest, and larger windshield...guess what.. did,nt figure I'd notice a difference in center gravity as the temp thawed the frozen grass,...but was wrong..boom! squash right foot..ouch (no damage) and scrape the right forearm (will heal soon enough) I just was in a bad spot pulling out on my ramp, and didn't have enough ramp on the right side, and the lean turned out uncontrollable with no footing available :icon_rolleyes: Guess I added 10-15lbs of high center gravity to the equation, and made matters worse.

Well now comes...either sell this bike (I'm leaning...no pun intended to me...this way), and stay with the 1900 Stratoliner, which I have twice the control over (and is looking like a old friend right now), even with it's stock seat, or find a saddle I like for the F6B that will help for a 30 inch inseamer. Just checking what saddles are makes, to help fit us shorter guys (mustang ...corbin?) that others have had success with.

Lov my Strat's Still have my Red 08 Lov the RAW power. But my Strat is my bar hopper bike in town. Anything past 30mi It's my F6B the extras on the f6b make the longer ride much better.

stroguy
12-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Sorry to hear. Thank God you didn't snap a leg bone. You'd get therapy for Christmas and that would suck.

Nice Strats Heavy.

Bob Penn
12-08-2015, 09:00 AM
I have a 28" inseam. I had the dealer install a 1" lowering kit before I took over the payments. I then installed a Mustang seat which necessitated the install of a Kury riser kit in order to comfortably reach the bars. Now all is well and I can sit flat footed at the lights.
It should be noted, however, the F6 is a heavy weight bike and extreme caution has to be taken when navigating any narrow ramp!