PDA

View Full Version : New member hello!

RobertBasil
12-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Hello everyone. Purchased a brand new black 2013 F6B this past Saturday for a killer price and happy to be a part of the community.

A little about myself...

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I have lived here since 1991 (settled here after I got out of the Army, I'm originally from Columbus, Ohio GO BUCKEYES!)

I'm 49 years old and have been riding since I was 5 years old. I come from a sportbike background and have been road racing for the past 25 years. I stopped riding on the street about 8 years ago, have been itching to get back on the street but wanted something comfortable for long trips for my wife and I but also a little bit "sporty". I must say in the slow corners on the F6B I feel like a brand new rider, but I'm getting used to it. :)

My last 13 sportbikes were green so as you can expect when I announced to my friends that not only was I buying a touring bike but that it was a Honda I've been catching a rash of shit all week. :)

Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you in person.

Old Ryder
12-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Great to have you!'welcome gang'

richw56
12-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Welcome!

dickiedeals
12-09-2015, 12:23 PM
.welcome20. from sunny :th_sunbathe:East Coast Florida...............Dickie:039:

stroguy
12-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Hello and welcome Army. We won't hold that against you.

lloydmoore1
12-09-2015, 12:27 PM
wellcome you will enjoy the bike for sure..as for the rash of shit for your choice..well good thing you got the army background to give ya the thick skin...watch the speeding tickets :)

GaTeach
12-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Welcome!

Chas
12-09-2015, 02:04 PM
I also just enrolled and so far I am loving it. Looking forward to seeing more info and helpful hints. Ride safe all!

06Blackpearl
12-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Welcome picking up mine Friday ... I too am a Kawboy ... I'm just waiting for the shit talking to begin lol

Hornblower
12-09-2015, 02:58 PM
.welcome20., Robert, from NC :039: Considering your background, you've made a great choice and will love riding your new black and beautiful "sporty" cruiser-tourer. Like you, I'm riding a '13 black F6B and my second bike is in the green family so both bikes together are the perfect duo :yes:.

Steve 0080
12-09-2015, 08:29 PM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!!

Chas
12-09-2015, 08:48 PM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!!

Steve, I love the light set up on your bike. Kind of a F6B emoticon! Way cool!

Jimmytee
12-09-2015, 08:48 PM
.welcome20.

Fla_rider
12-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone. Purchased a brand new black 2013 F6B this past Saturday for a killer price and happy to be a part of the community.

A little about myself...

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I have lived here since 1991 (settled here after I got out of the Army, I'm originally from Columbus, Ohio GO BUCKEYES!)

I'm 49 years old and have been riding since I was 5 years old. I come from a sportbike background and have been road racing for the past 25 years. I stopped riding on the street about 8 years ago, have been itching to get back on the street but wanted something comfortable for long trips for my wife and I but also a little bit "sporty". I must say in the slow corners on the F6B I feel like a brand new rider, but I'm getting used to it. :)

My last 13 sportbikes were green so as you can expect when I announced to my friends that not only was I buying a touring bike but that it was a Honda I've been catching a rash of shit all week. :)

Welcome from Sunny Mulberry, Fl.

:postpics:

sshake1905
12-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the F6B forum from Idaho..:yes:...great to see someone from west of the Mississippi and the Rocky Mountains join the fold....:icon_biggrin:

You will find the advice and past experiences helpful and free..:yes:..of course, the kidding and BS will also be given out freely too...:shrug:..but most of it is quite harmless.....:icon_lol:

Thanks for your service, it's greatly appreciated....notworthy...and don't worry about the "rash of BS" and other words of harrassment from your fellow riders.....once you put a few miles on the F6B and get used to it....your buds will probably have a tough time seeing anything but your tail/brake lights !:yikes:

Welcome...........Shaker

SimonTemplar
12-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Greetings from a native of Grandview Hts....now in NC.

Welcome.

....sT

JetBlackWing
12-10-2015, 05:10 PM

A little about myself...

I'm originally from southern Az :yes:, but hadn't lived there for such a long time...don't remember it either..too young. :icon_rolleyes:

Anyway, Your new F6B is about as sport as a touring cruiser will ever get. Enjoy! and be safe

Apache1
12-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Welcome from Tucson Az. Couldn't pick a better State to ride in!

cosborn
12-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Welcome and enjoy the great forum.

Chris

:039::039::039:

CopperMike
12-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Congrats and enjoy the ride. Once you two do some bonding, a lot of your buddies will be surprised what your new bike can do!

1surebet
12-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Columbus and Phoenix. I'm very familiar with both. I too have a '13 Black. I've done some work on it and coming from owning 3 motorcycle shops, two were strictly H-D, find the F6B stunningly fun and excellent for anytime I'm going to be in the saddle for more than 3 hrs. I'm in MN now but also spend time in AZ, FL, and CA.(SF) So. if you're in the area give a yell.

edgeman55
12-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Welcome Robert from Northern Nevada.The more you ride the F6B the more you will like her.Hope to be living down in AZ in 6 years when the wife can stop working.I have friends and family in Mesa and am down that way at least once a year.

Chas
12-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Welcome and enjoy the great forum.

Chris

:039::039::039:

Chris is your avatar an SAS Minion?? I love it.