PDA

View Full Version : Center stand on lowered bike

Bob Penn
12-10-2015, 11:46 AM
OK. I screwed up again, I read about how many guys loved their center stands. So I decided why not. I did the usual search and found a brand new stand with the hardware for $124.00 on e-bay. What I forgot about was I had mechanically lower my bike 1". After installing it I found out it will not work I even tried backing the bike up on a 2X6 but the clearance is not there to be able to get it up.

So be fore warned a standard Center stand will not work on a lowered F6.

If anybodies interested the only installed but never used stand is available for $100.00 plus shipping

JetBlackWing
12-10-2015, 03:13 PM
OK. I screwed up again, I read about how many guys loved their center stands. So I decided why not. I did the usual search and found a brand new stand with the hardware for $124.00 on e-bay. What I forgot about was I had mechanically lower my bike 1". After installing it I found out it will not work I even tried backing the bike up on a 2X6 but the clearance is not there to be able to get it up.

If anybodies interested the only installed but never used stand is available for $100.00 plus shipping

Ok, Bob. Nice pointer, I have a centerstand NIB too, and haven't yet installed mine either (but not ready to sell it), and might want (or more like need) to lower the bike too as I add more weight to the thing I accessories. What did you use or how did you get yours lowered? I though about slipping the front fork triple tree about a 1inch like I had on one other bike years ago.

I wonder if you can have it sawed in the middle to remove an inch, and rewelded so it will work

Heavvyduty
12-10-2015, 04:10 PM

I would be very Interested in it. And how would you like to handle the deal.

Steve 0080
12-10-2015, 06:28 PM
You guys are killing me...use the search button !!!!!!!!!!! :icon_doh::spank::yikes::pop:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7538-Center-stand-on-lowered-bike&highlight=Lowered+center+stand

F6bisnext
12-10-2015, 06:50 PM
My motto is: When in doubt....ask Steve!

Chas
12-10-2015, 08:04 PM
I like that we now know Steve is very knowledgeable and creative. Great attributes! Thanks for the info.

Steve 0080
12-10-2015, 08:22 PM
I like that we now know Steve is very knowledgeable and creative. Great attributes! Thanks for the info.

Your Welcome ! One of my jobs is to at least read or look at most/all posts, I also have a good memory for bike related information...the rest not so much !

FYI... You can buy a cheap,rusty, bent C.S. on Ebay and cut it down and try it out...$25 bucks maybe ? Year 2000 and up ! GL 1800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-08-Honda-Goldwing-GL1800-GL-1800-Center-Kickstand-Kick-Stand-/151829768727?fits=Model%3AGoldwing+1800&hash=item2359c26a17:g:r8UAAOSwQTVWBqEe&vxp=mtr

Cobraguy
12-11-2015, 12:01 PM
If you shorten a stock center stand there's a good chance the lever you stand on to get the bike up will hit the front of the notch in the muffler. Also the stand is likely to scrape often as it sits lower than the belly pan. My F6 is lowered 1 1/4" rear and 1" front. The aftermarket belly pan scrapes on the twisties if I get aggressive.

Steve 0080
12-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Raise the back end !

JetBlackWing
12-11-2015, 12:16 PM
If you shorten a stock center stand there's a good chance the lever you stand on to get the bike up will hit the front of the notch in the muffler. Also the stand is likely to scrape often as it sits lower than the belly pan. My F6 is lowered 1 1/4" rear and 1" front. The aftermarket belly pan scrapes on the twisties if I get aggressive.

Thanks for the warning, I hadn't looked at a/my center stand yet, but I would suspect the leverage arm might have to reposition to allow it to fit into the exhaust indentation, when positioned up.

What method or kit did you use to lower your's?

jakec
12-11-2015, 01:26 PM
When you lower an inch you need to buy a Ride Off center stand, they work very well.

Cobraguy
12-11-2015, 02:03 PM
JetBlackWing I used the Lowwing kit. Removed the center stand and sold it to another member here on the forum.
Steve It's actually the wifes bike and she is nonaggressive.