PDA

View Full Version : headset audio on the cheap

mike neal
08-15-2013, 02:11 PM
While looking through other posts I came up with some killer headset audio on the CHEAP side of my wallet.
Start with the Goldwing Headset Adaptor Item# HGW-35M-DIN from BIKEMP3 for $23.99 plus shipping. I then went down to WalMart to purchase the SONY MDR-ZX100 stereo headphones for $19.88 plus tax. I already owned the FULMER M1 flip face helmet but I think it ran me $139.00 plus tax. The Fulmer MI was a perfect choice for the headphone speakers as they fit perfectly into the ear pockets without any modification. The headset adapter is a simple plug in unit and you need a small eyeglass size Phillips screwdriver to detach the left and right headphones from the headset (took me 30 seconds). I popped the headphones into the ear cavity and plugged into the adapter - pushed the button for headset and bingo... sounded like I was at home in front of the big dollar equipment. Just a note, I will probably spend the extra $3.00 for some Velcro for the earphones which have a hard plastic back case which will make them a bit more secure inside the helmet ear pockets. I also ran the right and left wires out the back of the helmet instead of out the front to keep from accidentally cutting them with the flip front face portion of the helmet.
This keeps me away from the earbuds which are illegal in some states and give me killer audio without blasting others at the stop lights or the necessity to mute the sound at every stoplight.

Take care my friends and ride safe
Mike Neal
East Texas