PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn Accessories

yellow rex
12-11-2015, 07:58 AM
I receive this from a vender yesterday just thought I would pass it on just incase someone was on the fence about a few new accessories.
I do not know how true but they have been in business for 14 years that I know of, if you need venders name PM me. Show Chrome rectangular fog light 229.00.
NOTE: Kuryakyn has announced that beginning January 4, 2016 it will be enforcing a MAP Pricing Policy on all its products. This means that all Kuryakyn Retailers will have to maintain the prices Kuryakyn designates on all of its products. Excluding clearance and closeouts. The announced MAP Program is that Retailers can only reduce prices to a maximum of 10% off of Kuryakyn's MSRP. All of the Sale Prices in our Kuryakyn Sale are below the prices that all retailers will have to maintain starting January 4th

SimonTemplar
12-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Another example of a company who thinks far too much of themselves.

....sT

DMAGOLDRDR
12-11-2015, 02:18 PM
I receive this from a vender yesterday just thought I would pass it on just incase someone was on the fence about a few new accessories.
I do not know how true but they have been in business for 14 years that I know of, if you need venders name PM me. Show Chrome rectangular fog light 229.00.
NOTE: Kuryakyn has announced that beginning January 4, 2016 it will be enforcing a MAP Pricing Policy on all its products. This means that all Kuryakyn Retailers will have to maintain the prices Kuryakyn designates on all of its products. Excluding clearance and closeouts. The announced MAP Program is that Retailers can only reduce prices to a maximum of 10% off of Kuryakyn's MSRP. All of the Sale Prices in our Kuryakyn Sale are below the prices that all retailers will have to maintain starting January 4th

M.A.P. relates to Advertised Price. The item can be sold at what ever the seller chooses to sell at but has to adhere to the Manufacturer Advertised Price.
This is why some sellers have no price but have a link for you to click on so they can e-mail you there lower price...
I am a dealer for many Manufacturers in the Outdoor Power Equipment industry, and the guide lines for M.A.P. pricing is spelled out quite clear for us.

Miks
12-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Hmmm...although I don't use my degree in finance and economics much, I am a free market capitalist for many reasons.

I would agree with someone who stated something to the effect that Kuryakyn must think too much of themselves. What business is it of theirs to set the retail price, when the reality is they are selling much more product by letting some sellers "give away" the product? Apple does this, they do not allow retailers to discount the price, but guess what...clever companies OPEN the product to sell it as an open product at a discounted price. This is also one of the reasons Apple products cost twice as much as a comparable Android operating system, although Android is a more advanced platform.

BUT...Apple has the highest profit margin, there is a demand curve that shifts to the left or right based on price, and I think Apple leaves money on the table with their strict policy. For a motorcycle product...guess what? There are very smart people out there that will figure out how to bring a comparable product to the market at a cheaper price, I am not too sure Kuryakyn is going down the right path here.

JackB
12-11-2015, 04:57 PM
And if you go on eBay you can find China knockoffs for about half the price. I don't know if they hold up as well as Kuryakyn

06Blackpearl
12-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Yes all the companies i sale product for have map policies..
My website and any advertising is restricted to 10% ... Contact me via phone/email etc... I can work with you..