PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump

lloydmoore1
12-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Probably open a big can of worms with this one but Rex Murphy really sums it up on Mr. Trump

https://youtu.be/ljEYoa9xzS4

Towerhawk
12-11-2015, 07:52 PM
I'll jump in on this hot potato. Well said...

taxfree4
12-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Probably open a big can of worms with this one but Rex Murphy really sums it up on Mr. Trump

https://youtu.be/ljEYoa9xzS4

Career politicians like Bush, Rubio, Cruz and Graham are just the latest in a very long line of useless, self indulgent good-for-nothings. The fact that Trump is this popular is driving them nuts, along with the media, they have spent years trying to be where he is right now - popular as hell. This guy in the video is wrong we are not a democracy we are a representative republic and Trump is representing, perfectly, the frustration the average American feels. He's not scripted with canned answers like the career politicians recite, ad nauseum. He doesn't need a teleprompter, like our current office holder. There is something to be said about answering questions with short, truthful responses.

This guy in the video used the term "respectable politician" no such thing these days, not since Reagan. Also, money is the mothers milk of politics so a billion dollars or 2 billion dollars, whatever it is, it has to be raised for your guy to win, no use in complaining about it. The media and Democrats, and some Republicans, like to insinuate that just because you agree with Trump you're somehow fringe, out of the norm, a little wacky. They are petrified that if Trump wins it may have a ripple effect, through Congress, and their very cushy, very easy lifelong careers may be in jeopardy and more businessman, or non politicians, may replace them. Politics is about gaining and retaining money and, more importantly, POWER and anything that threatens that has to be stopped.

shooter
12-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Rex probably voted for Obama. The media can't stand it that Trump is still the frontrunner. Four months ago one CBS analyst stated that Trump was done. Rex acts like straight talk scares him. He probably enjoys Obama's rhetoric much more. Its bland. The Donald speaks the truth. This man will bring respect back to our country. Does anyone believe he will bow to the Chinese or Curtsy to the British or Swan over the Muslims? No. Our President takes a back seat to NOBODY. Trump is confident and commanding. Attributes that our nations leader needs. He isn't putting on a show. That's him. I like it. Rex is a douche.

shooter
12-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Career politicians like Bush, Rubio, Cruz and Graham are just the latest in a very long line of useless, self indulgent good-for-nothings. The fact that Trump is this popular is driving them nuts, along with the media, they have spent years trying to be where he is right now - popular as hell. This guy in the video is wrong we are not a democracy we are a representative republic and Trump is representing, perfectly, the frustration the average American feels. He's not scripted with canned answers like the career politicians recite, ad nauseum. He doesn't need a teleprompter, like our current office holder. There is something to be said about answering questions with short, truthful responses.

This guy in the video used the term "respectable politician" no such thing these days, not since Reagan. Also, money is the mothers milk of politics so a billion dollars or 2 billion dollars, whatever it is, it has to be raised for your guy to win, no use in complaining about it. The media and Democrats, and some Republicans, like to insinuate that just because you agree with Trump you're somehow fringe, out of the norm, a little wacky. They are petrified that if Trump wins it may have a ripple effect, through Congress, and their very cushy, very easy lifelong careers may be in jeopardy and more businessman, or non politicians, may replace them. Politics is about gaining and retaining money and, more importantly, POWER and anything that threatens that has to be stopped.

Tax , I'm glad to see you back brother. Great post.

shooter
12-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Lloyd you don't even live in the US. None of us are ever concerned with what happens up there and yet you are dissing our front runner republican candidate. Until you have lived eight years under Obama your opinion doesn't matter. We are your economy and believe me if this country keeps going as is your economy will suffer. If Mr Trump wins he will grow our economy and thus yours.

stroguy
12-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Lloyd you don't even live in the US. None of us are ever concerned with what happens up there and yet you are dissing our front runner republican candidate. Until you have lived eight years under Obama your opinion doesn't matter. We are your economy and believe me if this country keeps going as is your economy will suffer. If Mr Trump wins he will grow our economy and thus yours.

Yes, how's that doggie howser PM you guys got? He looked simply charming doing selfies with those refugees yesterday. Just promise to keep those new citizens there.

lloydmoore1
12-11-2015, 10:26 PM

Your right I don't live there but everyone's opinion matters this I do know. We are both lucky enough to still be able to express them when we want. If we ever meet I would still buy you a beer but and respect your opinion but don't expect 2 beers.

shooter
12-11-2015, 10:30 PM
I don't drink.

lloydmoore1
12-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Yes, how's that doggie howser PM you guys got? He looked simply charming doing selfies with those refugees yesterday. Just promise to keep those new citizens there.

Oh he likes his selfies but let's give him some time before we judge so far he has been good for us Canadians. No worries I think the new citizens will will stay here. I'm just hope it all works out for everyone including the refugees.

lloydmoore1
12-11-2015, 10:34 PM
I don't drink.

Well that I respect so Merry Christmas and I hope you stay off the naughty list.

lloydmoore1
12-11-2015, 10:40 PM

Well said indeed thanks for the interesting reply this does make a lot of sense.

stroguy
12-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Well it is just the beginning for him and you're right. So Mr. Trump doesn't get that level of respect from you. He isn't the President but you want to post liberal tears of pap against him? As shooter said you don't even get a vote but you feel a need to post pathetic propaganda. You got any opinions on hillaree by chance?

At a conservative estimate of $1000 a pop for those 25,000 new citizens you folks are bringing in that makes ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm $25 million? And how ultra conservative it is at $1000 a person. Nice to know you have tax payers money to throw around. If we add another zero it becomes $250,000,000. I have no doubt that our bozo in charge was glad to funnel your doogie a couple bones to help.

lloydmoore1
12-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Well it is just the beginning for him and you're right. So Mr. Trump doesn't get that level of respect from you. He isn't the President but you want to post liberal tears of pap against him? As shooter said you don't even get a vote but you feel a need to post pathetic propaganda. You got any opinions on hillaree by chance?

At a conservative estimate of $1000 a pop for those 25,000 new citizens you folks are bringing in that makes ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm $25 million? And how ultra conservative it is at $1000 a person. Nice to know you have tax payers money to throw around. If we add another zero it becomes $250,000,000. I have no doubt that our bozo in charge was glad to funnel your doogie a couple bones to help.

Hey freedom of speech is a good thing and I hope if he does get in that he earns that respect and makes a great president I guess time will tell. Hillaree in my opinion if I can give it with out getting you guys too upset is the poorest choice right now to win.
And hey we have wasted tax money on far worst things.

stroguy
12-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Hey freedom of speech is a good thing and I hope if he does get in that he earns that respect and makes a great president I guess time will tell. Hillaree in my opinion if I can give it with out getting you guys too upset is the poorest choice right now to win.
And hey we have wasted tax money on far worst things.

As I see it he's already earned gobs of respect. barry lied his way on to the stage and has been a pathetic leader. Maybe the point is being missed that we will elect our President, it's that persons choice to fail. It would be a hard act to follow the low numbers barry has posted. I have confidence in everyone, but hillaree.

shooter
12-11-2015, 11:09 PM
I really like it when foreigners try to tell us what we need or don't need in our country. They are all doing so well. Most can't even feed themselves much less support an economy. And yet they know what WE need.

Phantom
12-12-2015, 12:11 AM
I really like it when foreigners try to tell us what we need or don't need in our country. They are all doing so well. Most can't even feed themselves much less support an economy. And yet they know what WE need.

Having lived abroad and owned a international business, for the past 30 years I've lived through several economic cycles ...

When America is strong and the economy is rocking … the rest of the world does well and benefits
When America is weak and the economy is stagnant … The rest of the world doesn't do so well, recessions effect several countries.

Call it the ripple effect.

This country under the current spineless administration has lost credibility with the majority of our citizens and throughout the international community. We were once a respected nation, sadly we no longer are.

Our people are still strong, united and resilient, our leaders care only about themselves and how wealthy can they become while in office and what deals can they secure for when they are out of office.

Just my 2 cents

taxfree4
12-12-2015, 04:17 AM
Tax , I'm glad to see you back brother. Great post.

I've been doing a lot of volunteer work - expanding closets, the bathroom, painting. Never retire before your wife, it pisses them off. I'm thinking about going back to work to get some rest. Shooter you don't drink? I feel sorry for people that don't drink cause when you get up in the morning that's as good as you're gonna feel the rest of the day.

shooter
12-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Yeah but my shooting hand is rock steady the second I pop out of bed.

RuneRider66
12-12-2015, 09:31 AM
I will say this. There are a lot of things that I like about Trump. He is Bold, Brash, Passionate, Patriotic, Stand tall in your face attitude. I wish at times he would act a little more presidential. This country needs a man like him, although sometimes I wish he would soften his edges with a little class. Not saying he is classless. Just saying that sometimes he alienates people just by the way he comes across. That being said. I want someone in office that has balls and will make this country great again. I would hope that he would choose a running mate that would compliment him. Someone like a Carson or a Condoleezza Rice. I think the Condy pick would assure him a lot of the minority vote and maybe get back some of the women voters that he has lost. (If you notice. Carson and He seem to be pretty buddy buddy) Neither one really attacks one another. And Carson kind of took up for him yesterday when he also stated that he would leave the republican party if the political powers tried to screw Trump.

There are a lot of areas for Americans to be concerned about. Terrorism, Immigration, National Debt, Weakened Military, Floundering Economy. Do I feel that Trump is Well enough versed to tackle these issues? Well, I know this. He is a leader, He has balls and he is in your face Pro American. I feel that if he surrounds himself with the right people he can do much better then those in the recent past.

I dont drink either. :)

Retired Army
12-12-2015, 09:41 AM
We the people got this nation to the present by electing the best crop of bull shippers money can buy. Trump didn't use that method he just bought his way to where he is. Definition of bull shipping; tell the people what they want to hear.

taxfree4
12-12-2015, 09:58 AM
If he would become an American I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. Actually, before he quit it was my only reason to visit Canada, that and Cuban cigars. Now that we renewed ties with Cuba there really is no reason to go.

xgringo
12-12-2015, 09:59 AM
The OP is from a country that does not have freedom of speech. Our American media like to avoid the fact that Canada and most of Europe have severe restrictions on speech. Check out this article on how the Donald could be prosecuted in Canada for what he said about Mexicans and how we have a "bill of rights which is very old".

Oh... and I don't drink, smoke or gamble!!!

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/if-donald-trump-were-campaigning-in-canada-could-he-be-charged-for-hate-speech

shooter
12-12-2015, 10:29 AM
I will say this. There are a lot of things that I like about Trump. He is Bold, Brash, Passionate, Patriotic, Stand tall in your face attitude. I wish at times he would act a little more presidential. This country needs a man like him, although sometimes I wish he would soften his edges with a little class. Not saying he is classless. Just saying that sometimes he alienates people just by the way he comes across. That being said. I want someone in office that has balls and will make this country great again. I would hope that he would choose a running mate that would compliment him. Someone like a Carson or a Condoleezza Rice. I think the Condy pick would assure him a lot of the minority vote and maybe get back some of the women voters that he has lost. (If you notice. Carson and He seem to be pretty buddy buddy) Neither one really attacks one another. And Carson kind of took up for him yesterday when he also stated that he would leave the republican party if the political powers tried to screw Trump.

There are a lot of areas for Americans to be concerned about. Terrorism, Immigration, National Debt, Weakened Military, Floundering Economy. Do I feel that Trump is Well enough versed to tackle these issues? Well, I know this. He is a leader, He has balls and he is in your face Pro American. I feel that if he surrounds himself with the right people he can do much better then those in the recent past.

I dont drink either. :)

See Tax , sober people think alike. I agree with everything this gentleman posted. To my way of thinking , Trump is the only chance we have to get America back on track. He's not perfect , but he's the best we have to choose from.

Ridlikhel
12-12-2015, 11:38 AM
If politicians did what they were voted in to do, there wouldn't be a guy like Trump running for office, But they don't.

Lets see if we can change that.

Retired Army
12-12-2015, 12:08 PM
If politicians did what they were voted in to do, there wouldn't be a guy like Trump running for office, But they don't.

Lets see if we can change that.
In order to recycle congress it would take an expert bull shipper to convince enough voters to accomplish the task. Perhaps it would be better to use the record of the candidate rather that what they promise.

lloydmoore1
12-12-2015, 12:34 PM
If he would become an American I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. Actually, before he quit it was my only reason to visit Canada, that and Cuban cigars. Now that we renewed ties with Cuba there really is no reason to go.

Don't cancel your visit completely yet here is his situation...

He removed his name from mayoral consideration and ran instead for his old council seat, which he won. Several months of chemotherapy and surgery shrank the tumor, though Ford has told the press he’s not completely out of the woods. He’s discussed running for mayor again in 2018, but his health leaves this a question mark.

He does get the job done, however he has too many personal demons that interfere with his political job. If he could sort out his addictions he would be unstoppable.

shooter
12-12-2015, 12:59 PM
OK Lloyd. Let me get this straight. This guy is a confessed addict and a professed idiot and you think Trump is bad? Just messin with ya. If you think he's OK its good with me. Heck , Tax likes him and he don't like nobody. Carry on mate.

BigAl1952
12-13-2015, 09:46 AM
For reasons that have already been said I like Trump. He says what he says because he doesn't have anyone telling him he can't. No big outside money. He doesn't need it he has his own. He isn't politically correct and I am so tired of that idea :moon: He doesn't blame a gun for an act of terror and he isn't scared to say terrorism. Al

Darren
12-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Your right I don't live there but everyone's opinion matters this I do know. We are both lucky enough to still be able to express them when we want. If we ever meet I would still buy you a beer but and respect your opinion but don't expect 2 beers.

Your wasting your time, your only allowed an opinion when it agrees with the majority.

stroguy
12-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Your wasting your time, your only allowed an opinion when it agrees with the majority.

Nah, it's more like he knew he was jumping into ice water, so don't bitch because the water is cold. Read his first post. I fish with worms, I don't open cans that are full of them. Trump isn't my man, but I still don't appreciate a foreigner posting a one sided video for one of our candidates. Still waiting for some hillaree or Bernie crap.

lloydmoore1
12-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Nah, it's more like he knew he was jumping into ice water, so don't bitch because the water is cold. Read his first post. I fish with worms, I don't open cans that are full of them. Trump isn't my man, but I still don't appreciate a foreigner posting a one sided video for one of our candidates. Still waiting for some hillaree or Bernie crap.

So what ya want a hug..naw I doubt it you don't stike me as the touchy feely type. It's all good no harm no foul Merry Christmas to you.

stroguy
12-14-2015, 09:45 AM
So what ya want a hug..naw I doubt it you don't stike me as the touchy feely type. It's all good no harm no foul Merry Christmas to you.

No I have a soft side. No harm, but I would throw a yellow flag. You just cannot comprehend the arrogance of you as a Canadian posting your distaste for an American candidate. It's not your election, so sit back and enjoy the show. Or maybe there is something in the end for Canadians if Lindsey Graham is elected. Maybe when Doogie is up for re-election and Honduran's and Swiss begin flooding the airways with what a bum they think Doogie is you'll understand my view. I'm out, cheers northern friends and Merry Christmas.

Jayrock
12-14-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm honestly glad I started to read this thread. Before, I thought that Trump was just a blowhard douche. Now I realize that he may or may not be a douche, but he genuinely has the qualities of a strong leader.

shooter
12-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Jayrock , cocky ain't bad if you can back it up. Who wants a wuss as a global leader. We need a leader that can say f..k you. Nobody respects us as a country anymore. I'm not saying Trump is perfect. He could be a little more tactful at times. Just cause you think it doesn't mean you have to say it. Trump hasn't learned that yet. But , like Stro I don't want to hear a foreigner dissing one of our prominent Presidential candidates. You don't have to agree with the majority you just need to be a potential voter from this country. I appreciate the fact that you see leadership qualities in Trump. He's not everyone's cup of tea but he's real. What you see is what you get.

Steve 0080
12-15-2015, 12:04 AM
For as long as I have been voting it has always be a "forced choice"...Trumps OK but if he does not back down some then he will not be elected. Now when you have some time read or go to YouTube on the Putin.... this guys carries his balls in a wheelbarrow. The more I listen to him the more I like him and the less I like Obummer. Trust me I never had a moment of like for the guy.

We need to elect someone who can run business and make money...Romney was my choice...when he lost I gave up...the 52% will never vote themselves out of a check...only a revolution will do that !

fxdl2051
12-15-2015, 02:13 AM
I tried to avoid this thread but then I drank the Kool-Aid. The commentator seems pretty spot on. I just finished a history course dealing with the rise of Hitler to power. What I find dismaying about Trump is his use of the very same tactics, by a personality that seems equally megalomaniac.
But simple answers, brash slogans, crude posturing's and scapegoating have ever been the way of politics. It's just been awhile since the bar has been raised this low in America.

shooter
12-15-2015, 06:37 AM
For as long as I have been voting it has always be a "forced choice"...Trumps OK but if he does not back down some then he will not be elected. Now when you have some time read or go to YouTube on the Putin.... this guys carries his balls in a wheelbarrow. The more I listen to him the more I like him and the less I like Obummer. Trust me I never had a moment of like for the guy.

We need to elect someone who can run business and make money...Romney was my choice...when he lost I gave up...the 52% will never vote themselves out of a check...only a revolution will do that !

Steve , unfortunately you are right about the 52%. I say it all the time. It will be hard to overcome it.

willtill
12-15-2015, 06:42 AM
<...SNIP...>

...the 52% will never vote themselves out of a check...only a revolution will do that !

Same thing with Congress and term limits. It ain't happening. Only a revolution will change that as well.

Trump has my vote; if he ever makes it to the general election. Either representing the GOP or running as an Independent. I don't want him as POTUS but he's the lessor of two evils... when compared to Shrillery.