PDA

View Full Version : Portland Area & Vancouver Area Riders

Chas
12-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Trinity Road Riders is have their annual Polar Bear Poker Run on 1/1/2016. It starts and ends in Portland. I am going to try and make it and hope some other locals will too. Here is link for more info. PS, I will be the one riding the F6B!

http://www.trinityroadriders.com/polarbearrun-home.html

Willl
12-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Sounds like a fun event but I was not able to find a map of the 3 road routes :icon_frown:

Chas, do you have a link to the 3 road routes?

Thanks
Will

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Maybe,
Depending on the weather. If dry, I might be.

Jim

Chas
12-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Sounds like a fun event but I was not able to find a map of the 3 road routes :icon_frown:

Chas, do you have a link to the 3 road routes?

Thanks
Will

Will,

I think they have a somewhat brief description of the three routes on the flyer. It is rather vague tho. The only that was somewhat clear was the 3rd one. It led you to believe that it would go directly from the starting point to the Pizza Place. Not much else that I can tell. Sorry.

Chas
12-12-2015, 02:04 PM
I also will be taking the weather into consideration on the 1st. If raining like it is now, there is no way I am going.

pdxstriper
12-12-2015, 02:40 PM
I'll be there - come hell or high water! So yeah, 50% chance ....

Maybe us F6B riders can meet for breakfast somewhere before the ride.

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Longterm guess saying dry, sun and 54 degrees.
I usually get some riding in during Christmas to NY.

There are 3 or 4 of us F6B's out north around St.Helens- Rainier.

I'd do something in a meet for breakfast or lunch.
Jim

F6BPDX
12-12-2015, 03:26 PM
I am a tentative yes for this. Would be great to meet up with some of you as well.

Chas
12-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Longterm guess saying dry, sun and 54 degrees.
I usually get some riding in during Christmas to NY.

There are 3 or 4 of us F6B's out north around St.Helens- Rainier.

I'd do something in a meet for breakfast or lunch.
Jim

Let's bat it around and maybe after Xmas is over we do it. Sounds like a great idea. I am looking forward to us putting this together. I am retired so I can do weekdays too.

Willl
12-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Will,

I think they have a somewhat brief description of the three routes on the flyer. It is rather vague tho. The only that was somewhat clear was the 3rd one. It led you to believe that it would go directly from the starting point to the Pizza Place. Not much else that I can tell. Sorry.

No worries

Thanks Chas

Willl
12-12-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm always up for breakfast or lunch, any day of the week, just needs to be dry out :cheers:

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Let's throw this it out again between Christmas and NY.

Jim

kenny urban
01-05-2016, 04:27 PM
I went,, it was great,, perfect weather,,did not ride in any ice,,
when I woke-up,,
there was no frost, or even damp wind shields, in the dealerships next store to the hotel,,
I live in seattle wa, so I left the bike in Vancouver Washington,,
and took the AMTRAK train home to seattle wa,,
I'll go back down there in a couple weeks,,
It was my FIRST Train ride anywhwere,,
Kinda kool,,
kennyU,,
13 F6B.

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-05-2016, 10:59 PM
We'd b glad to have you join our group Kenny.
Stay in touch when back around PDX.

Jim

Willl
02-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Met up with Chas in Vancouver yesterday for a nice ride east bound on Hwy 14 down the gorge to Stevenson WA

We had lunch in Stevenson then headed back to Vancouver, while in Vancouver we drove down Lower River Road to Frenchman's Bar

Was a nice ride :icon_cool:

pdxstriper
02-15-2016, 05:13 PM
Hi
The 20th annual FFMC Spring Opener Rally is Sunday, March 20 at Kelly's Olympian in downtown Portland. This event is a gas! 200+ bikes of all kinds and the city lets us park all over the streets and sidewalks. It's like a bike show followed by a 150 or so mile ride. Registration starts at 9:00, bikes out 10:00-12:00, usually ends at Lampheres' Beaverton Motorcycle.

Let's make a good showing for the F6B forum and F6Bs everywhere!
Pete

Willl
02-15-2016, 07:59 PM
The next Oly is on me :cheers:

Chas
02-20-2016, 07:24 PM
It was a blast. Will, Big Jay, Pete, and Chuck meet up, ate up, and rode! Will had to head home, his family needed his muscles for some assistance on furniture. But he will back on the next one. Pete got us to Sauvie Island on a great round about way. Afterall, isn't that what these rides are about? Anyone can go the fastest/shortest way in a cage. NOT US we challenge the rain and laugh at clouds. If we didn't our riding would be a lot shorter and not as much fun.

I caught a couple of pics of the bikes at the Portland Yacht Club moorage at Sauvie Island. Well, we just got there and a very nice Multnomah Sheriff Deputy stops and he happens to be a motorcycle nut like us. However, he has a go fast and his wife doesn't like its, so, we tried to convert him to an F6B'er. Time will tell. Right now our next big ride is in March on the 20th. A spring opener Poker Run. It is 15 years old and draws a lot of bikes. Well, hopefully, we will add 7-8 more!

If you are in our area anytime, give us a shout. We will show you around and go for another great ride1

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-20-2016, 08:31 PM
Well,

You guys even rode out by my place while I was working..
I will get caught up with the rest of you " Dirty Dogs" , next time.
I did get mine out for a short ride tonight when I got home.

Willl
02-21-2016, 12:33 AM
Was a pleasure to meet Pete & Jay for the first time this morning and to see their rides

Looking forward to the next get-together 'gw-smiley'

Thanks for the pictures Chuck :icon_cool:

jburns3239
03-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Where do you meet for your rides?

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Where do you meet for your rides?

Welcome jb

PM Chas, he has unknowingly become our organizer and coordinator. Sorry Chuck

Jim

Big Jay
03-09-2016, 09:48 PM
we met at Elmer's restaurant just off I205, exit 21 I believe it was.

pdxstriper
03-10-2016, 01:15 AM
Hi
ThE Portland/Vancouver area is blessed with dozens of places to get a great breakfast. If riding in Vancouver, I like Cameo Cafe. In PDX town there's Mothers and Cadillac Cafe and Pine State (and another 100 or so great places). If you ride south, Jefe Mex and Bobicca Hen in Lake O are outstanding. The list goes on and on. I can't wait til this rain passes! It's driving me nuts!

Chas
03-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Ok PDX Striper, you pick our next restaurant. I am already tired of Elmers. You listed some great places. Maybe we should go to Vancouver the next time. Will lives there and Jim, our new guy lives in Washougal.

Tag your it!!!!!!!

jburns3239
03-11-2016, 10:47 PM
I am looking forward to the next breakfast meet.

Jim

CopperMike
03-13-2016, 11:55 PM
Can't make the 20th as taking kids to my G-ma's to visit for Springbreak. Would be interested in meeting other local riders. Hopefully I can make next local ride.

Mike

pdxstriper
03-14-2016, 12:20 AM
Ok PDX Striper, you pick our next restaurant. I am already tired of Elmers. You listed some great places. Maybe we should go to Vancouver the next time. Will lives there and Jim, our new guy lives in Washougal.

Tag your it!!!!!!!

The weather forecast is playing cat and mouse with us for the Opening Day ride this next Sunday the 20th. If it's nice enough to ride, I suggest we meet at the Cadillac Cafe on Broadway at about NE 17. From there it's a straight ride in to Kelly's Olympian downtown.
Really good food, prices are average.

Pete AKA pdxstriper