PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Azz Cagers

shooter
12-12-2015, 11:55 PM
Are you guys like me. EVERY time I ride I have at least one close call. Not my doing but some dumbazzcager. My latest. Friday I had the recall done on the B and afterwards I rode about 25 miles to pick up a necklace I had bought and then had shortened for my 1 year old granddaughter for Christmas. Leaving the Jeweler I had about a 60 mile ride home. First 30 miles in severe rush hour traffic. I'm going down Page Ave. in bumper to bumper traffic. The lady behind me didn't like it that I didn't move every time the car in front of me moved 6 inches. You know the drill , let em get a length or two to make it worth using the clutch. Its not like we was going anywhere. Between the stoplights and people texting it was a crawl. So this lady gets real close on me , three ft , and starts laying on the horn. Now nobody was cutting in on the car length distance in front of me. Most people know. After a while this lady changes lanes and comes alongside , rolls the window down and starts questioning my lineage. Traffic is moving a little better in her lane so as soon as she can get in front of me she waits till I start to move up and she cuts in front of me. She pushed me all the way over to the curb. I barely jumped around the nose of her van and got in front of her. At this point she was crossways across two lanes. She was trying hard guys. I wanted to shoot that witch. With a B. She tried to take away my first Christmas with my Grandaughter. What is wrong with these people? Sorry for the lengthy post. Just wanted to share.

stroguy
12-13-2015, 12:00 AM
There everywhere this memememememememe crowd. Don't you know she doesn't have the 27 seconds you would have slowed her down to spare? And you are just an inconvenience to her.

By the way, empty your mail, was trying to send you a message.

MisterB
12-13-2015, 12:56 AM
The real story is that you are riding to Page avenue almost 2 weeks into December! THIS WEATHER IS SICK!!! Insane humidity though, hasn't rained at all but everything is soaked. 3 cars piled up on highway heading into STL today, roads were gross.
Regarding your issue: it's as if people have some deal where they honestly cannot see more than 1 vehicle in front of them. I am just amazed at the people that will fly around me to get that small distance ahead but still have to stop at the light or stalled traffic. I always leave a safe distance in front of me which is viewed as an opening to every other driver. People don't care, they really don't. Driving is a much bigger deal than the average cager realizes.
I saw something about the point that all cars will be self-driving, maybe 2050? I can't imagine it being ALL, but maybe it'll keep the idiots from being behind the wheel.
Those are the only "happy" words I can say to console you, I haven't seen any indication that things are getting better.... really trying.... well I was going to say traffic fatalities are down but that's only because of safety features built into modern cars,... I've got nothing.
Do they even make kids take driver's ed anymore?

wjduke
12-13-2015, 06:22 AM
I made a similar post after my ride yesterday. I'm on the east coast. You can imagine the azz hats we deal with here. It seems that when it's a bike, they need to mess with you. They don't realize that we have every right to that road as they do. They don't like us being with them. Cell phones need to be banned while driving across the whole nation. It's a major problem.

willtill
12-13-2015, 07:03 AM
Getting to the point where you need to start running video cameras on your bike. One forward and one to the rear. Continuous loop. They are cheap enough now to do so. Just a pain in the ass to have to turn them on and off; each time you want to go for a ride.

Plenty of fanatics on four wheels around here as well. A van almost creamed into me yesterday during a two way merge. Adds a certain "thrill" to motorcycling. That's the best spin I can put on it.

We are better drivers; because of our motorcycling experiences. I believe in that.

seadog
12-13-2015, 07:51 AM
This ME FIRST attitude is growing by leaps and bounds, what happened to the friendly outlook for others on the road. My last years on the highways driving a semi tractor trailer this attitude was definitely worse than it had been when I started driving and had grown substantially the longer I was out there. So when I retired I wasn't at all missing dealing with that ME First attitude anymore. They have always been there but more so in recent years and its not going to get any better.

Brasco
12-13-2015, 10:54 AM
You guys seen Long Way Round? A documentary series about the adventures of actor Ewan McGregor and buddy Charley Boorman who in 2004 embarked on an epic Long Way Round challenge, to bike 20,000-miles, cross 12 countries and 19 time zones in just 115 days. They rode BMW GS R1200s crossed Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan and Mongolia to ride the Road of Bones through Siberia, over to Alaska, through Canada, North America and finished in New York. In the series of shows there are two incidents with cagers (one involving contact on a highway). Both of them happened in Calgary. It's nuts here on the roads too! Anyone can get a drivers license it seems -- regardless of ability or competence.

shooter
12-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Yeah Brasco I have noticed a serious detioration in knowledge of the 'road rules' of today's drivers. Its like you said , a monkey can get a license.

shooter
12-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Getting to the point where you need to start running video cameras on your bike. One forward and one to the rear. Continuous loop. They are cheap enough now to do so. Just a pain in the ass to have to turn them on and off; each time you want to go for a ride.

Plenty of fanatics on four wheels around here as well. A van almost creamed into me yesterday during a two way merge. Adds a certain "thrill" to motorcycling. That's the best spin I can put on it.

We are better drivers; because of our motorcycling experiences. I believe in that.

You're right Will , it will make you a better driver.

shooter
12-13-2015, 02:41 PM
I made a similar post after my ride yesterday. I'm on the east coast. You can imagine the azz hats we deal with here. It seems that when it's a bike, they need to mess with you. They don't realize that we have every right to that road as they do. They don't like us being with them. Cell phones need to be banned while driving across the whole nation. It's a major problem.
I read your post Wayne. Thats what inspired.me to start this thread. It was off topic for the other thread and I didn't want to be accused of thread jack.

Hornblower
12-13-2015, 03:14 PM

No reason to turn anything on or off. Mine comes on and off with the ignition. When my bike is running, my camera is recording. I don't even have to think about it. Almost came in handy a couple of days ago too. As I was leaving a gas station, a lady coming in cut the corner taking all of my exit lane. Thankfully, she saw me in the nick of time and swerved back to her lane and, of course, I swerved the other way and we missed. It sure got my attention though :yikes:.

wjduke
12-13-2015, 05:31 PM

I believe that 100% I recall my MSF trainer telling us that after that course, you will be better drivers. I always said...I wish everyone could go for a ride for one day and see what goes on.