PDA

View Full Version : First ride with modulating high beams

Big Cat
12-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Got out for a nice ride today, first time since all mods have been completed. It was also my first time to ride with modulating headlamps.

I must confess, I fought the temptation to buy these things for years...I guess I thought they were just too irritating. But I have changed my mind.

I could see them reflecting off signs far down the road, and I think oncoming traffic saw me sooner.

Even better on the interstate, where left lane loafers got over more readily!

I am curious if other riders turn them off at any time. I did turn them off when I came up behind a slower car on a 2-lane road.

For the money and ease of installation, I'd have to give this mod a thumbs-up! :thumb:

ths61
12-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Got out for a nice ride today, first time since all mods have been completed. It was also my first time to ride with modulating headlamps.

I must confess, I fought the temptation to buy these things for years...I guess I thought they were just too irritating. But I have changed my mind.

I could see them reflecting off signs far down the road, and I think oncoming traffic saw me sooner.

Even better on the interstate, where left lane loafers got over more readily!

I am curious if other riders turn them off at any time. I did turn them off when I came up behind a slower car on a 2-lane road.

For the money and ease of installation, I'd have to give this mod a thumbs-up! :thumb:

What are you running for high beams (Halogen or LEDs) ?

Big Cat
12-13-2015, 08:25 PM
What are you running for high beams (Halogen or LEDs) ?

OEM bulbs.

willtill
12-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Good stuff! :yes: welcome to the world of being more visible to vehicular traffic.

The ONLY time I will turn my modulators "temporarily" off is when I am facing an intersection (stopped at red light) or behind a car that is stopped at intersection.

Otherwise my modulators will stay on; as the day is long.

Steve 0080
12-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Outstanding unit !!!! Hugh plus for safety ..... this has been gone over before...just give it a day or so.....