PDA

View Full Version : She's gone

jkelley
12-14-2015, 06:42 AM
Well after a lot thought I finally let the F6B go.
I went with a new 2015 Goldwing.
The biggest surprise was how smooth the transmission on the new one is in comparison to my old 2013 F6b.
They (Honda) had to have changed something here. My F6B was always clunky in shifting but I assumed it was the norm.
The new wing is butter smooth, and a really nice ride thus far.

seadog
12-14-2015, 07:13 AM
:postpics:

willtill
12-14-2015, 08:57 AM
This song came to mind when I read this thread..... :icon_frown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpR8r0D2EyY

jkelley
12-14-2015, 01:42 PM

Elroy
12-14-2015, 01:46 PM
I loved that color scheme the first time I saw it. Congratulation kelley!

jm21ddd15
12-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Good looking bike! I wonder if the Gold wing seat fits on the 6? Seems like it should. I ride solo, so I wouldn't need all the stuff behind me.

Wing'n it
12-14-2015, 03:05 PM
That is a really nice bike and one of the best color layouts ever on a Wing. I had a 02 Wing and now a 15 F6B and I don't think the trans shifts any better than before? If anything I feel that the first to second shift is more clunky than my 02 when going through neutral.

Paul B Blues
12-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Good luck, your new ride looks great.

yabiah
12-14-2015, 04:51 PM
I loved that color scheme the first time I saw it

+1

Airborne06
12-14-2015, 04:52 PM

Congrats! That is arguably the best looking color scheme in Goldwing history....in my humble opinion, of course!

shortleg0521
12-14-2015, 05:19 PM

I just road friends bike just like yours and you are right about the trans.
Enjoy all the cool stuff that they have on the full wing.
Now you will have to find all the Dairy Queens
shortleg[Dave]

Dave Ritsema
12-16-2015, 07:33 AM
The biggest surprise was how smooth the transmission on the new one is in comparison to my old 2013 F6b.
They (Honda) had to have changed something here. My F6B was always clunky in shifting but I assumed it was the norm.

Congrats! My dealer found me a 2015 Nav/Sat model that I am going to see this Saturday. He is letting me take it out of the crate myself so I can be the first person to sit on it. (Well, except for some 100 pound Japanese guy) LOL

I haven't seen the color combo in person, hoping I will like it. Looks pretty striking in pictures.

Steve 0080
12-16-2015, 09:10 AM
+1... will be nice to have ALL the toys as well !

jkelley
12-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Thanks all, the "B" was nice enough, but the looks of the bike are what honestly drew me in. I like the color combo myself.

I also have a grand son that is really wanting to ride with me and I felt the tour pack back rest would be better for him than my small back rest on the F6B.

I had cruise so the options really were not a major deal to me. I did get most of the accessories off before trading and am only needing fog lights and a seat that fit's me on this one to be done with it. I am leaning toward the King Ultimate seat on this one as well.

Madmax
12-16-2015, 11:32 AM
I also went fullwing but still have my F6B , I did 5k on the wing this summer and 300 miles on the F6B .
The wing is more to haul the old lady around , I still have the go fast bikes she won't ride on , I did post my F6B but not really pushing it I still like the bike ... LOL
Good luck on the new Wing .

yellow rex
12-16-2015, 11:44 PM
Nice bike and yes the color scheme got to me also, and the trans is butter smooth compared to the earlier wings,
but still kept the F6.
The level 3s are hard to find in this part of the country but my dealer found me one.

wiggy
12-17-2015, 07:43 AM
That's a beautiful color combo. Enjoy the new Wing!

Riknchar
12-17-2015, 09:27 AM
I did the same thing earlier this year. I had bought a 2015 F6B Deluxe (Matte Silver) in February, but decided that I really needed the full Wing for safety reasons (my 7 year old son loves to ride with me everywhere I go, and I love the full trunk behind him to keep him contained).

I had paid $18,700 for the F6B, which was a good deal at the time. I was able to get a new 2015 full Wing for $20,200, only $1500 more.

Overall, I love the looks and styling of the F6B, but do appreciate the trunk and quieter exhaust system on the full Wing. I did notice improved smoothness to the shifting between the two, also, as others have noted.

unsub
12-17-2015, 09:46 AM
Nice bike and yes the color scheme got to me also, and the trans is butter smooth compared to the earlier wings,
but still kept the F6.
The level 3s are hard to find in this part of the country but my dealer found me one.

jkelly congratulations on your new purchase.

yellow rex - I wasn't aware of a limited supply. Can't you just factory order one through the dealer?

Dave Ritsema
12-17-2015, 02:17 PM
jkelly congratulations on your new purchase.

yellow rex - I wasn't aware of a limited supply. Can't you just factory order one through the dealer?

I live in the midwest and my dealer had to perform a fair amount of searching to find my 2015 red/black Sat/Navi model. The production run for the 40th anniversary bikes is over and now you just have to find what's left. I am going to my dealer Saturday morning and uncrating it myself.

jkelley
12-17-2015, 04:37 PM
I live in the midwest and my dealer had to perform a fair amount of searching to find my 2015 red/black Sat/Navi model. The production run for the 40th anniversary bikes is over and now you just have to find what's left. I am going to my dealer Saturday morning and uncrating it myself.

Let us know what you think of it...

JetBlackWing
12-17-2015, 05:02 PM

Hmm...sounds like you been demoted to the Queen-bee chuffer. Looks nice, but really, I'm only envious of the electronic cruise though, and better paint hardness (?). Be sure to stay with this group because where you been, and what you know.

Dave Ritsema
12-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Let us know what you think of it...

Will do!

Convert
12-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Like some of you guys, I too traded off my Yellow F6B for a full Wing. I really liked the B but for the kind of long distance riding I do most of the time the full Wing was a better fit by quite a bit. If I hadn't had the B I would
probably not have even looked at a full Wing. I got the all black one and really like the looks and all the bells and wishes. I haven't really looked at operating the Navigation yet. I ride out to Idaho a couple of times a year and am looking forward to taking that trip with this bike in the spring. Awesome bike.