PDA

View Full Version : louder exhaust ?

hondagm
08-15-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm on a list for cobra's 6to6 pipes and now their telling me it's going to be late september before there in...So I'm new to this forum stuff and am wondering if anyone have any ideas as to what options I might have?

bobbyf6b
08-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Rush, Vance & Hines, Torq Master, just to name a few. There's options out there. I'm gonna wait for the Cobras.

Mustangjake
08-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Wait for the Cobra's you won't disappoint

flyboy
08-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Wait for the Cobra's you won't disappoint

Been waiting since may which is quite a long time but guess I'll keep waiting! :icon_frown:

Rikrok
08-15-2013, 08:28 PM
I gave up today, found a sale and ordered Rush

bigdew
08-16-2013, 07:20 AM
I have a set of Black Rush Pipes and they sound awesome. Like an exotic sports car. You wont be disappointed. I also wanted the Cobras but they have been taking forever.

Jeff6b
08-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I have a set of the black Rush exhausts as well and they do sound great..

bobbyf6b
08-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Where did you guys order the black Rush pipes from?

Jeff6b
08-16-2013, 04:57 PM
I actually got mine from the dealership I bought the bike from. Wish I would have shopped around first but they had some on a goldwing and I liked the sound so I bought them..

bigdew
08-16-2013, 08:53 PM
I actually found my Black Rush Exhaust on ebay for $150 was labeled as Goldwing exhaust and no one bid on it. So I got lucky just had to buy tips.

mtcgun
08-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Yep, Cobra and Cruiser Customizing missed out on my money too! they keep pushing the time back and both parties tell you something different whenever you ask.. This same basic Goldwing has been in production since 2001, you'de think that would be enough R&D time.

bobbyf6b
08-17-2013, 01:08 AM
I actually got mine from the dealership I bought the bike from. Wish I would have shopped around first but they had some on a goldwing and I liked the sound so I bought them..

If I could find some at a local dealer I'd buy them too. Can't find any accessories at dealers around here.

mtcgun
08-18-2013, 10:44 PM
wow. now im glad they took so long with the pipes... saved me $800! I took the "guts" out of the tips and drilled 4 half inch holes in the back of each muffler. Good sound, no issues, and free!

bobbyf6b
08-19-2013, 12:02 AM
wow. now im glad they took so long with the pipes... saved me $800! I took the "guts" out of the tips and drilled 4 half inch holes in the back of each muffler. Good sound, no issues, and free!

Can you post a video with sound? We would all like to see/hear the results.

Hook
08-19-2013, 07:28 AM
$800.+saved for me and you can make it as loud as you want I put 3 holes in mine and sounds good to me.....and if it's to loud you seal up the holes in minutes for under a buck:icon_wink:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0418131824_zpse7ab4d6e.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0418131824_zpse7ab4d6e.jpg.html)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0418131825_zpsf9ae81b5.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0418131825_zpsf9ae81b5.jpg.html)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0418131910_zps24144d18.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0418131910_zps24144d18.jpg.html)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0418131910a_zps19bb00a0.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0418131910a_zps19bb00a0.jpg.html)

bobbyf6b
08-19-2013, 05:07 PM
That's cool Hook and mtcgun, I'm afraid to try it on mine cuz I might not like it.

MichaelG
08-19-2013, 05:27 PM
$800.+saved for me and you can make it as loud as you want I put 3 holes in mine and sounds good to me.....and if it's to loud you seal up the holes in minutes for under a buck:icon_wink:

Hook, I followed your lead, but I only saved $ 799.99. I too drilled out 3 holes into the end cap of each muffler...each hole is 3/4 inch, and I drilled out 3 matching holes into the upper area of each exhaust tip. The holes can NOT be seen walking around the bike. You have to get down low to see them. The 3 holes in each muffler line up with the 3 holes in each exhaust tip, so it flows out prwetty good. I like the sound...pretty good.

My plan was to WAIT until the middle of Winter, and then order a set of TorqMaster pipes, or maybe the Rush pipes. But before going on this little ride East to NC, I thought I would open it up, and see what it sounds like at 80 mph, for days and days.:icon_mrgreen:

Deer Slayer
08-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi Miles have done this for years. I weld a pipe same dia as the lower then drill out the pipe. Install turn downs on the Granny Chair wings. Or drill out the welds that hold the metal in the stock extensions and use them. You could take the metal out of F6B slash cut extensions and then drill a hole in the end of the muffler the size that makes you happy. I have seen most of the end cut away. Have fun..

Bike44
08-19-2013, 05:36 PM
You guys and your woodpecker syndrome (every tree is better with holes in it). I suppose wearing hearing protection will help. If you really want to open it up remove the muffler and breach the firewall you see towards the rear of the muffler with a hole saw.

Deer Slayer
08-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Now all will want make the radio louder! lol.....

Bike44
08-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Now all will want make the radio louder! lol.....

No problem, Honda already thought of that via their AVC feature that optionally ups the sound level with speed. Plus there's a neat proprietary "ambiance" control in the Mode button menu that adds Bass and some sort of what sounds like speaker phasing to enhance the listening experience. See the Audio option in the Owner's Manual.

REDBJD
08-19-2013, 05:56 PM
I put on a set of Torq master pipes, the sound is great. A very deep tone, also bought the 4" extra set of baffles. I use them on rides with my wife, this quiets them down almost to stock, easy in and out. Very easy to put the pipes on, did not buy the touq loops.

Texas TC
08-19-2013, 06:32 PM
I put on a set of Torq master pipes, the sound is great. A very deep tone, also bought the 4" extra set of baffles. I use them on rides with my wife, this quiets them down almost to stock, easy in and out. Very easy to put the pipes on, did not buy the touq loops.

I really like my Torq Masters. No torq loops or extra baffles. The tone is low and mellow. At 80 mph, radio is clear at volume 16-17. Best $499 pipes I have ever owned.

Limbuck
08-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Liking it. I hope someone at the Rally has took to drilling and such. I want to hear that. I'm looking at replacing stock pipes anyways so what do I have to lose? Just bout can't give the stock ones away. I'll wait till after Rally. It's too close to go time. I would like to hear more of you guys experiences with the drilling or hole saw cutting. Any noticable effect on performance or engine at all? I did this on a 1700 Road Star a good while back. It was better but not a great sound. But it ain't a flat six either. I also put D&D custom exhaust on a Rocket 3. Sounded better but the Rocket being a vertical in line 3 it sounded much like my tractor. But I like my tractor. Hope to see most of you at the Rally.
I do want black pipes though. I expect someone to take the Krylon engine paint to their chrome pipes anytime. Anybody done that?
Yeah, and I'm having a bear with my tour packs and that little luggage rack and backrest down on the seat thing. You know. Bike wasn't designed for two up touring. About now someone is thinking "why didn't you get a wing?". Don't like wings. I like F6B. It's like a Crown Vic VS a Vette. I'll deal with the luggage thing.

MichaelG
08-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Liking it. I hope someone at the Rally has took to drilling and such. I want to hear that. I'm looking at replacing stock pipes anyways so what do I have to lose? Just bout can't give the stock ones away. I'll wait till after Rally. It's too close to go time. I would like to hear more of you guys experiences with the drilling or hole saw cutting. Any noticable effect on performance or engine at all? .

Limbuck, I will have my bike at the Rally, and it is now drilled out. I will be able to test the noise, performance, fuel mileage, etc, during the 2800 mile ride out to North Carolina, so I may let you listen to it there. The condition is: You have to ride at least 2000 miles to the Rally to be able to listen to my bike. If you rode at least 1000 miles to the Rally, I will let you look at my bike, but not listen to it. :icon_razz:

Sorry, those are the rules, and I didn't make them up. I am just following the rules myself.:nono:

:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mr green::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

flyboy
08-20-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm on a list for cobra's 6to6 pipes and now their telling me it's going to be late september before there in...So I'm new to this forum stuff and am wondering if anyone have any ideas as to what options I might have?

My 6-2-6 pipes arrived yesterday and I picked them up today. Not on the bike yet but they're in my hot little hands, will probably get them on this weekend!:icon_biggrin:

Scotrod
08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
My 6-2-6 pipes arrived yesterday and I picked them up today. Not on the bike yet but they're in my hot little hands, will probably get them on this weekend!:icon_biggrin:

That's what trouble-lights and flashlights are for!!!! You KNOW you want 'em on, and you want 'em on NOW!!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Limbuck
08-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Limbuck, I will have my bike at the Rally, and it is now drilled out. I will be able to test the noise, performance, fuel mileage, etc, during the 2800 mile ride out to North Carolina, so I may let you listen to it there. The condition is: You have to ride at least 2000 miles to the Rally to be able to listen to my bike. If you rode at least 1000 miles to the Rally, I will let you look at my bike, but not listen to it. :icon_razz:

Sorry, those are the rules, and I didn't make them up. I am just following the rules myself.:nono:

:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mr green::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

You're making it hard on me Miles being I live about 300 miles away from Franklin. Reckon I'll have to ride around in circles for a day or so. I can't hear that well anyways but I will get input from them other longhaulers. See you next week. tick,tick,tick...