PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use LED Headlight modulators ?

ths61
12-19-2015, 02:37 AM
Can anyone recommend a good headlight modulator made for LED high beams ? Do they shorten the life of LED lights ?

TIA

willtill
12-19-2015, 07:04 AM
Kisan Technologies makes a Headlight Modulator for LED's. Use the drop down box in the link below to select the LED model:

http://kisantech.com/mag/index.php/pfin/p115w-d.html

Can't comment on LED longevity though; because I use only incandescent bulbs with their Headlight Modulator.

ths61
12-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Kisan Technologies makes a Headlight Modulator for LED's. Use the drop down box in the link below to select the LED model:

http://kisantech.com/mag/index.php/pfin/p115w-d.html

Can't comment on LED longevity though; because I use only incandescent bulbs with their Headlight Modulator.

WillTill, Thanks much.

Old N Grumpy
12-20-2015, 07:12 PM
You can also try www.signaldynamics.com

maxrider
12-21-2015, 09:40 PM
I have the Kisan (led version) with my LED headlights, works great, really annoying :).

Only have them in for a few weeks, so far 6 hrs of constant use, expect them to last for awhile, led lights are pretty solid, can take some abuse, mainstream advertisement bulbs are LED and have modulating features as well.

And the nice feature of Kisan is, that you switch to low beam and disable the modulating if needed.

Just remember to start up with low beam, and then switch to High beam if modulating is wanted, if you start up with high beam switch on you get a random type modulating pattern, which repeats itself.

willtill
12-22-2015, 06:04 AM
I have the Kisan (led version) with my LED headlights, works great, really annoying :).

Only have them in for a few weeks, so far 6 hrs of constant use, expect them to last for awhile, led lights are pretty solid, can take some abuse, mainstream advertisement bulbs are LED and have modulating features as well.

And the nice feature of Kisan is, that you switch to low beam and disable the modulating if needed.

Just remember to start up with low beam, and then switch to High beam if modulating is wanted, if you start up with high beam switch on you get a random type modulating pattern, which repeats itself.

These Modulators are indeed adjustable (sensitivity to ambient light) I seem to recall some mention of that in the instructions; about the Modulator circuitry resetting itself due to a false signal received (voltage spike) if the bike is turned on while the high beams are on. However the pattern/modulation should always be a constant.

Here is the manual. Look at page 9 (and page 10 - FAQ's) and it describes the error codes (translates via modulation sequences). Possibly your Headlight Modulator is looping with that?

http://kisantech.com/mag/Images/manuals/PB.pdf

The modulation should be 4 pulses every second. No more, no less and no erratic modulation.

Texas F6B
08-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Purchased Kisan headlight modulators, decided let the Honda dealer install the modulators I purchased, $250.00 later, Dealer installed on low beam. Called dealer set a new appointment for correct install. Called Kisan was told the modulators that I purchase can be reprogram to work with LEDs. New bike, and new to wings, thats why I paid the dealer. Now shopping for LEDs.