PDA

View Full Version : New bike purchase. (Hope you don't mind me sharing)

Dave Ritsema
12-20-2015, 04:53 PM
First off, I have to say I have a FANTASTIC Honda Dealer. Doug (six2go) will most likely back me up on that. Lake City Honda in Warsaw IN. I have been dealing with them since I purchased my 1984 V65 Sabre from them. (Wicked fast bike for the time.)

Anyway, the gave me a smoking deal on trade in for my Valkyrie Interstate two years ago and I purchased a 2013 Honda F6B. I loved the bike and it did everything I wanted it to do with one exception. My bride wasn't comfortable on it despite all my efforts to accommodate her. Since this is something we enjoy together a solution to this problem was required. I posted the bike for sale on this forum and it was sold a week later and it went to a new home in Ohio.

After looking at several different bikes and weighing all the options the 2015 Gold Wing ended up at the top of the list. I loved the 40th anniversary model paint scheme but in late November in my neck of the woods they were difficult to find. My dealer offered me a 2016 at great price but I just wasn't a fan of the color options and I had really gotten used to the blacked out paint scheme of my F6B. Fortunately George at Lake City was able to find me precisely the bike I wanted in a Honda warehouse and had it shipped, I got a call early in the week and he told me it was in.

My wife and I arrived at the dealership yesterday morning and they took us to the warehouse area
and here is what we saw. They even took the time to put red ribbons on it!

I have to tell you I was a little excited. I had not seen this color combination in person and was concerned a bit in the back of my mind if I would like it when I saw it for the first time. We then proceeded to remove the outer cover.

I have to admit that when I first saw it I think I heard angels singing. :icon_lol: I really liked the combination and it was really interesting to see how they ship them from the factory. With the exception of the outer cover (which of course I HAD to keep) it is all returnable dunnage and it will be returned to Japan to ship out the next Gold Wing. This was the first guy to sit his rear end in the seat. (except for some 125 pound Japanese guy) LOL Clearly there still remains some assembly to complete the bike after removing it from the shipping container.

It will be spending the balance of our Midwestern winter at the dealer, which works to the dealers advantage as this will provide ample time to install additional farkles and bits besides the ones he is already going to add. This final shot is of Andrea and I and well.....this shot explains my actions the best. Thanks for following along on our little adventure, I am guessing at least a few of you understand completely. Thanks for all of your advice and friendship on this forum, and if its ok I will still hang out. :icon_biggrin:

Darren
12-20-2015, 05:32 PM
really nice colour scheme.

taxfree4
12-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Very nice color scheme, that black touch on the front is bad azz.

willtill
12-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Very nice. :icon_wink:

It's akin to receipting for a "virgin" motorcycle and being the first to "pop it's cherry" :icon_mrgreen:

Nice story to share with us! :icon_cool: Nothing like you actually getting a new bike in the crate; and being the first to touch it, and be around it (other than the factory people).

:yes: :yes:

carpdm
12-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Thanks for sharing. It's a great color combo. Make more beautiful by the smile on Andrea. :).

Sounds like a great dealership that will go the extra mile to find a bike. Think they can find a Honda ST1300PA? Let me know who I should contact.

six2go
12-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Kool Beans, Dave! I was seriously considering driving over to Warsaw yesterday morning to witness the :icon_biggrin: on your face when the cover came off. I slept in a little later than normal and figured by the time I would get there, you would have "done the deed". Excellent looking bike, I'm anxoius to see it in person. OK if George shows it to me?:congrats:

roaddog
12-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Very nice, thanks for sharing. Not sure who's smile is brighter, you or your bride. My wife was a big part in my F6B purchase, the last bike had no back seat.

Roaddog

shooter
12-20-2015, 09:14 PM
Dave I hope you stick around. Love the color. Hope you and the wife enjoy this Wing to the max. Merry Christmas.

stroguy
12-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Great color scheme. Enjoy. V65 Sabre......nice bike in the 80's.

Steve 0080
12-20-2015, 09:27 PM
ConGrats !!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

yellow rex
12-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Dave that is the best looking Wing produce to this day, now once you put it in the sun light come back and tell us what you really
think about the color, it is very pretty.

Big Jay
12-20-2015, 09:43 PM
Very nice , that would be the color I'd want . Enjoy . :yes:

F6bisnext
12-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Now THAT is the customer service we all expect!! Congrats on the new ride.

vmaxed
12-21-2015, 07:01 AM
:congrats: Dave. It's going to b a long winter :cheers:

Steve 0080
12-21-2015, 08:01 AM
Sounds like time for a FLA vacation !!!! Going over to the beach to eat on Sunday!!! Mid 80's....

DaWadd
12-21-2015, 09:05 AM
Nice color . If I was in the market for a new Wing I really like the 2016 black/grey scheme. Shows on Honda website as a Japanese model but from what I hear will be available across the pond. Enjoy.

Dave Ritsema
12-21-2015, 09:22 AM
Thanks for sharing. It's a great color combo. Make more beautiful by the smile on Andrea. :).

Sounds like a great dealership that will go the extra mile to find a bike. Think they can find a Honda ST1300PA? Let me know who I should contact.

George Tubbs
Toll Free 866-LAKECITY
574-269-4199
Closed Sunday and Monday.
http://www.lakecityhonda.com

shortleg0521
12-21-2015, 04:09 PM
First off, I have to say I have a FANTASTIC Honda Dealer. Doug (six2go) will most likely back me up on that. Lake City Honda in Warsaw IN. I have been dealing with them since I purchased my 1984 V65 Sabre from them. (Wicked fast bike for the time.)

Anyway, the gave me a smoking deal on trade in for my Valkyrie Interstate two years ago and I purchased a 2013 Honda F6B. I loved the bike and it did everything I wanted it to do with one exception. My bride wasn't comfortable on it despite all my efforts to accommodate her. Since this is something we enjoy together a solution to this problem was required. I posted the bike for sale on this forum and it was sold a week later and it went to a new home in Ohio.

After looking at several different bikes and weighing all the options the 2015 Gold Wing ended up at the top of the list. I loved the 40th anniversary model paint scheme but in late November in my neck of the woods they were difficult to find. My dealer offered me a 2016 at great price but I just wasn't a fan of the color options and I had really gotten used to the blacked out paint scheme of my F6B. Fortunately George at Lake City was able to find me precisely the bike I wanted in a Honda warehouse and had it shipped, I got a call early in the week and he told me it was in.

My wife and I arrived at the dealership yesterday morning and they took us to the warehouse area
and here is what we saw. They even took the time to put red ribbons on it!

I have to tell you I was a little excited. I had not seen this color combination in person and was concerned a bit in the back of my mind if I would like it when I saw it for the first time. We then proceeded to remove the outer cover.

I have to admit that when I first saw it I think I heard angels singing. :icon_lol: I really liked the combination and it was really interesting to see how they ship them from the factory. With the exception of the outer cover (which of course I HAD to keep) it is all returnable dunnage and it will be returned to Japan to ship out the next Gold Wing. This was the first guy to sit his rear end in the seat. (except for some 125 pound Japanese guy) LOL Clearly there still remains some assembly to complete the bike after removing it from the shipping container.

It will be spending the balance of our Midwestern winter at the dealer, which works to the dealers advantage as this will provide ample time to install additional farkles and bits besides the ones he is already going to add. This final shot is of Andrea and I and well.....this shot explains my actions the best. Thanks for following along on our little adventure, I am guessing at least a few of you understand completely. Thanks for all of your advice and friendship on this forum, and if its ok I will still hang out. :icon_biggrin:

Hope we will continue to see you at all of our Inzanes like we have for years.
We still love ya brother.
shortleg

wiggy
12-21-2015, 04:22 PM
:congrats: Dave. It's going to b a long winter :cheers:

Yep, it's really gonna put him to the test. Hopefully with El Nino, we will have an early Springlike end to winter!

CopperMike
12-21-2015, 05:43 PM
Nice! Congrats!

valkhound
12-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Very nice Dave, that is a really sharp wing ! :yes:

carpdm
12-21-2015, 10:46 PM
George Tubbs
Toll Free 866-LAKECITY
574-269-4199
Closed Sunday and Monday.