PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my F6B!

petehenke
12-27-2015, 11:20 PM
I've been wanting this bike for a couple of years now. The right deal finally came along. I was fortunate enough to find a black 2013 deluxe in my price range. Even better, the previous owner already had all the accessories installed that I would have added and only 2 hours from my house.

This is an awesome bike (like I don't need to tell you). Absolutely love this. Just picked it up yesterday and all its done is rain here in Northern KY, so no chance to get it out. I was able to put a couple of miles on it when I bought it last Tuesday. I'm trying to convince myself that my garage is too small to ride around in. So, I'm content to just start it up every once in awhile. Hopefully these monsoons will stop and I'll be able to get it out. Don't care how cold it is!

I've been following this forum for about 6 or 7 months. The insights and opinions were extremely helpful in helping me get this dream bike. Hope to meet many of you soon, planning on taking it to Daytona in March.

In the meantime, if anyone wants a 2006 VTX 1300R, I have one for sale!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-27-2015, 11:34 PM
Congratulations, and welcome.

willmusac
12-27-2015, 11:36 PM
I also just bought a 2015 silver matte deluxe. I have been looking at this bike for the past 2 years. I finally traded in my 2002 Harley Electra Glide in on my new bike.

I only have about 300 miles on it, and can not tell you how impressed i am with this bike. Getting used to it, and it just gets easier to ride.

Love this bike.

Will

stroguy
12-27-2015, 11:42 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Riding New Year. Sweet, glad to have you here.

carpdm
12-27-2015, 11:47 PM
Congrats and welcome.

Brasco
12-28-2015, 12:15 AM
That's great . . . congratulations to you! I picked my 2013 F6B in the fall and like you, I can't wait to get it back on the road come spring. My new B also replaces a VTX 1300R -- mine a 2005 which is also for sale (a U.S. bike i'd brought across the border from Oklahoma). Good luck with your X sale and have a blast on the new ride! :icon_biggrin:

SimonTemplar
12-28-2015, 02:22 AM
Congrats!

...sT

Jimmytee
12-28-2015, 05:56 AM
I've been wanting this bike for a couple of years now. The right deal finally came along. I was fortunate enough to find a black 2013 deluxe in my price range. Even better, the previous owner already had all the accessories installed that I would have added and only 2 hours from my house.

This is an awesome bike (like I don't need to tell you). Absolutely love this. Just picked it up yesterday and all its done is rain here in Northern KY, so no chance to get it out. I was able to put a couple of miles on it when I bought it last Tuesday. I'm trying to convince myself that my garage is too small to ride around in. So, I'm content to just start it up every once in awhile. Hopefully these monsoons will stop and I'll be able to get it out. Don't care how cold it is!

Congratulations . Yeah getting very tired of this non stop rain since Christmas. I'm just down the way from you a bit in Elizabethtown. Have to meet in the near future. Actually , I'll be up in Edgewood after the first of the year, but I'll be on a mission. Got some control work to do up there.

114th COBRA
12-28-2015, 06:06 AM
Congratulations. I'm like you,...in love with my F6B. Haven't been able to get out because of the rain here in Md, But yesterday, the weather cleared and the temp. ran to th 70's. I managed to get a 292 mile run in through the early morning fog and down through the lowlands of Virginia to a relatives and back home. :clap2: That was a nice ride, Got 694 mile on her now and can't wait for spring. Enjoy it. It's addictive. :icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
12-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Great Christmas present !!!

Hornblower
12-28-2015, 09:46 AM
:039:, Pete, and .welcome20. from NC! Hope you enjoy your '13 black deluxe and much as I enjoy mine!

Willl
12-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the Forum :039:

Have Fun, Be Safe 'gw-smiley'

gandydancer
12-28-2015, 11:10 AM
OUTSTANDING!!!!!! ok ok --heard that word over and over on a movie yesterday---just had to use it---when ya can get it out, ride safe and enjoy---:icon_biggrin::icon

wiggy
12-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Congrats! I have a 2013 that I picked up brand new this past July.

What kind of accessories did the previous owner put on your new bike?

CopperMike
12-29-2015, 12:14 AM
Congrats!

jkelley
12-29-2015, 06:37 AM
Wow talk about patients! When I saw my old F6 I just said "I'll take it" without knowing price or anything.
Congrats on the ride.

petehenke
12-29-2015, 07:31 AM
Congrats! I have a 2013 that I picked up brand new this past July.

What kind of accessories did the previous owner put on your new bike?

Thanks all for the welcome. She came with fog lights, not sure what type of windshield but it looks like an 11 inch cee bailey, smoked turn signals, lights and rear carrier. The only other thing I need is a belly pan and the only other thing I want are black pipes! Of course I've got all winter to shop for more farcals and once I get some miles on her I'll , i'm sure i'll come up with more!

petehenke
12-29-2015, 07:51 AM
Wow talk about patients! When I saw my old F6 I just said "I'll take it" without knowing price or anything.
Congrats on the ride.

I know what you mean but I first saw one of these at a boat and camper show 3 years ago and it was so different I didn't know what to think. But the more I saw and read about them, the more I wanted one. The turning point was when I was in Maggie Valley NC riding the Bluegrass Pkwy, an F6B owner offered to let me ride it. That was 2 years ago and I was hooked.

Fla_rider
12-29-2015, 07:54 AM
Congrats and Welcome from Sunny Florida! You need to Post a picture, see below!

:postpics:

petehenke
12-29-2015, 08:05 AM
Congrats and Welcome from Sunny Florida! You need to Post a picture, see below!

:postpics:

Hopefully that worked!

This what got replaced!

Fla_rider
12-29-2015, 08:34 AM
Looking Good! :cheers: