PDA

View Full Version : Size of pull behind trailer

stepbill
12-28-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm looking at buying a pull behind trailer for minitrailerusa.com but am unsure of the width. There are two trailers that interest me and that is the Nomad and the Voyager. I would like to get the Voyager but the box size is 60" long, 36" wide and 19" deep. Is 36" plus the width of the tires and fenders too wide to pull behind our bikes? The Nomad is 60" long, 28" wide and 19" deep but I would love to have the 6 extra inches :icon_redface::shhh:. What do you all think?

F6B1911
12-28-2015, 07:42 PM
I was at the last rally in Franklin,NC...
One member had a Bushtec trailer in black, matched the F6B perfectly.
The quality and attention to detail was way above any other motorcycle trailer I've seen.
Also, the hitch system is unique in that there is no jerking as there isn't a "ball" but a "pin."

Did you look at the Bushtec Quantum GL plus?

Travelor
12-28-2015, 07:55 PM
I'm looking at buying a pull behind trailer for minitrailerusa.com but am unsure of the width. There are two trailers that interest me and that is the Nomad and the Voyager. I would like to get the Voyager but the box size is 60" long, 36" wide and 19" deep. Is 36" plus the width of the tires and fenders too wide to pull behind our bikes? The Nomad is 60" long, 28" wide and 19" deep but I would love to have the 6 extra inches :icon_redface::shhh:. What do you all think?

I routinely pull a CanAm RT-622 trailer with the F6B. Trailer width is 44.5", never had a problem.

cueman
12-28-2015, 08:16 PM
I think if you measure the width of your handle bars you will be surprised at how wide your B really is. I would not worry about a few inches in extra width from a trailer. Just make sure you get used to the different handling characteristics of pulling a trailer. YMMV IMHO :shrug: cueman

stepbill
12-28-2015, 08:22 PM
The quality and attention to detail was way above any other motorcycle trailer I've seen.
Also, the hitch system is unique in that there is no jerking as there isn't a "ball" but a "pin."

I did and I agree, Bushtec is the bomb but the interior storage is not large enough for me.

yellow rex
12-28-2015, 09:41 PM
I pull a Tailwind never had a problem, first maintenance 150 thousand miles that includes wheel bearing packing, the only trailer
wind tunnel tested, has its own compressor for tire service, has its own battery, and I could go on and on.
You may check other GW forums there is many more people pulling trailers on those forums.

Steve 0080
12-28-2015, 11:48 PM

Great trailer.... beginning to think it needs a new home.....

Wing'n it
12-30-2015, 09:39 AM
I had a Nomad from Mini trailer USA in white to pull behind that Spyder I had it was a rattly fall apart trailer. If your handy you can fix it's shortcommings and make it a decent trailer. Mine had the fenders constantly coming loose, that tongue support leg rattles and drives you nuts and the biggest problem was the lid always popping open. I managed to get it all corrected but all I can say is it's cheap for a reason.

Cobraguy
12-30-2015, 09:52 AM
I have two trailers I pull with the GW. One is a Kwik Kamp that is a 48" wide pop up tent trailer. The other is a Cycle Mate cargo trailer that is 40". Trailer width has very little affect on the ride. The biggest issue is braking. I pull the KK pretty heavy so I go slower and increase following distance by double+. The wife's F6 is too low to tow but she does use a Packit Rack.

Phantom
12-30-2015, 10:16 AM
Bill,

ZZ Trailers are not cheap, however they are beautifully hand crafted here in the USA. It is a fiberglass trailer with plenty of cargo space. I had my ZZ Trailer at the 1st F6B Rally attached to my Rune and dragged it on several of our rides, never knew it was back there.

If you have the budget ….. http://www.zztrailer.com/zz2000lt-trailer-for-honda-goldwing-riders/

Best of Luck on your search