PDA

View Full Version : Resolution for 2016

coffee_weasle
12-31-2015, 08:35 AM
to fill in my "rode map" into the deep south and and up through new england, .... washington will have to wait (and to think i was 50 miles from the ID/WA border, oops)

willtill
12-31-2015, 09:34 AM
Am tired of the excess weight I've carried around; since after I retired from the Army back in '99

Time to quit lying to myself. I have crossed the Rubicon already with the below; come hell or high water.

I am GOING to lose 50 pounds. One pound per week. Very doable :yes: I want to get to a target weight of 200lbs.

Been totally committed for two weeks now.. have gone down from 247 to 239 in 11 days; due to low carb diet (which says a lot since this is the Holidays).

Once the weight loss has plateaued somewhat; will focus on loss of one pound per week; by pursuing continued exercise and better management of what I eat.

Steve 0080
12-31-2015, 10:24 AM
I have never spoken of resolutions before due to failing or not following through or just plain empty promises ... Well, I am committed this year to
loose some body fat. I exercise enough , I have a problem with sweets. There I said it! Now to do something about it !!!

opas ride
12-31-2015, 11:25 AM
Am tired of the excess weight I've carried around; since after I retired from the Army back in '99

Time to quit lying to myself. I have crossed the Rubicon already with the below; come hell or high water.

I am GOING to lose 50 pounds. One pound per week. Very doable :yes: I want to get to a target weight of 200lbs.

Been totally committed for two weeks now.. have gone down from 247 to 239 in 11 days; due to low carb diet (which says a lot since this is the Holidays).

Once the weight loss has plateaued somewhat; will focus on loss of one pound per week; by pursuing continued exercise and better management of what I eat.
Good for you and I know you can do it...I lost 35 lbs a few years ago and it is still off for the most part...Not selling anything, but I started with a Herbalife program, two nutritional shakes a day and a decent dinner of choice...I have several friends who also lost a lot of weight over the years with this program and it works and is cheap and easy to follow....They are on the web...Good Luck....

Retired Army
12-31-2015, 11:46 AM
30 years ago I made a resolution that I have kept to this day, not to make any more.

valkmc
12-31-2015, 08:25 PM
Have not made one in 20 years or so but I am making one this year. I am going to stop living my job. I teach high school and coach wrestling and the combination keeps me tied up 6 to 7 days a week for 11 months of the year. I have 3 granddaughters and a mother battling cancer!!! My resulotion is to find a new position at the end of this school year that will allow me to spend more time with the family.

GaTeach
12-31-2015, 11:13 PM

shooter
12-31-2015, 11:34 PM
Valk , Teach and I had a conversation that centered around the main problem that you refer to in your post. I used to be married to a teacher that was married to her job. I'm not married to her anymore. I admire hard work and dedication , but you have to know when to draw the line. I think you figured it out. Best of luck in your endeavor.

Steve 0080
01-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Have not made one in 20 years or so but I am making one this year. I am going to stop living my job. I teach high school and coach wrestling and the combination keeps me tied up 6 to 7 days a week for 11 months of the year. I have 3 granddaughters and a mother battling cancer!!! My resulotion is to find a new position at the end of this school year that will allow me to spend more time with the family.

You can live to work, or work to live.... cost me huge ...don't make the money I used to but I live a better life!

willtill
01-01-2016, 07:07 AM
You can live to work, or work to live.... cost me huge ...don't make the money I used to but I live a better life!

Amen

willtill
01-01-2016, 07:17 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2ir9qhv.jpg

114th COBRA
01-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Amen

+ 1

gandydancer
01-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Amen to having more time for living--and riding---took a big cut in pay two years ago and starting working with special need adults---have never had so much fun ---

GaTeach
01-01-2016, 09:43 AM

Yes! Bless all you coaches. Coaching is such a fulfilling role. I'm sure it's hard to put that aside.

GaTeach
01-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Valk , Teach and I had a conversation that centered around the main problem that you refer to in your post. I used to be married to a teacher that was married to her job. I'm not married to her anymore. I admire hard work and dedication , but you have to know when to draw the line. I think you figured it out. Best of luck in your endeavor.

I'm trying to figure out where to draw the line so I can ride more....

six2go
01-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Same as the past 4 yrs.(It's really easy to keep.)

I resolve to not eat any turnips!

valkmc
01-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Yes! Bless all you coaches. Coaching is such a fulfilling role. I'm sure it's hard to put that aside.

It will be difficult as I have young men who started with me when they were in 6th & 7th grade. I have tried to step aside the last three years, there will always be that kid you don't want to leave but it's time.

opas ride
01-01-2016, 11:37 AM
I don't think that I have ever seen a "head-stone" in a graveyard that read..."Wished I'd Have Spent More Time At Work".....!!!

GNW
01-01-2016, 11:55 AM
resolution means:
A firm decision to do or not to do something.
I think I will go lay down on the couch until the feeling goes away !

GNW
01-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Same as the past 4 yrs.(It's really easy to keep.)

I resolve to not eat any turnips!

YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THIS !!!

coffee_weasle
01-02-2016, 02:35 PM
i coach and officiate wrestling also

Jady
01-02-2016, 04:08 PM
To do my first iron butt. Ive been talking about it for a while, I need to go on and do it.

ths61
01-02-2016, 04:38 PM
I have never spoken of resolutions before due to failing or not following through or just plain empty promises ... Well, I am committed this year to
loose some body fat. I exercise enough , I have a problem with sweets. There I said it! Now to do something about it !!!

Become a vegan and you will loose it fast.

opas ride
01-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Not necessarily...One still needs to watch what they eat and get exercise accordingly....I have a few so-called "vegans" in my family and they "sneak" sweets and other stuff all the time as the body needs certain things that a vegan diet does not include.......

willtill
01-03-2016, 08:00 AM

It's all about calories ingested; and calories burned by the body. Basic arithmetic. Burn up more calories than consumed; and you will lose weight over time.

Am now down to 238 today, from 247 thirteen days ago. Only 38 more pounds to go... :icon_cool: And I am getting used to the new foods that I have been eating to achieve this.

Lot's of raw vegetables (and gently cooked); eggs, hi fiber wheat bread, hummas, small servings of fruit, moderate portions of red meat; chicken and fish. And always a salad.

No prepared processed meals in a box. :nono:

Minimal beer though... :icon_frown:

And every day; at least 11 miles around the BWI airport bike trail; which has hills within the trail... Am getting quite a workout; and I am starting to see speed in completing the riding circuit.

Finally; am doing the AB-Carver. Want to torture yourself? :079:

Get this thing:

https://abcarverpro.com/?gclid=CJK_o4_ajcoCFcwWHwodoCwPtw

Navvet
01-03-2016, 11:28 PM
I am just continuing with my resolution from 2015 .......

I did see an article that let me know I made the right decision .....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-secret-to-a-happier-healthier-life-just-retire-2015-07-27

I guess I'm ahead of the curve. :shhh::shhh:

willtill
01-04-2016, 07:21 AM
I am just continuing with my resolution from 2015 .......

I did see an article that let me know I made the right decision .....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-secret-to-a-happier-healthier-life-just-retire-2015-07-27

I guess I'm ahead of the curve. :shhh::shhh:

Yep. I took two weeks off from work during the Holidays. I really liked being in "retirement" mode. :icon_cool:

Steve 0080
01-04-2016, 11:23 PM
It's all about calories ingested; and calories burned by the body. Basic arithmetic. Burn up more calories than consumed; and you will lose weight over time.

Am now down to 238 today, from 247 thirteen days ago. Only 38 more pounds to go... :icon_cool: And I am getting used to the new foods that I have been eating to achieve this.

Lot's of raw vegetables (and gently cooked); eggs, hi fiber wheat bread, hummas, small servings of fruit, moderate portions of red meat; chicken and fish. And always a salad.

No prepared processed meals in a box. :nono:

Minimal beer though... :icon_frown:

And every day; at least 11 miles around the BWI airport bike trail; which has hills within the trail... Am getting quite a workout; and I am starting to see speed in completing the riding circuit.

Finally; am doing the AB-Carver. Want to torture yourself? :079:

Get this thing:

https://abcarverpro.com/?gclid=CJK_o4_ajcoCFcwWHwodoCwPtw

Perfect... make the bike ride 20 miles + every other day for faster results...gym in between!

stepbill
01-05-2016, 08:32 AM
My doctor told me that he would not replace my knee until I lost some weight. I weighed 289lbs when he told me that. On Dec 8th., I had a gastric sleeve done and right now I weigh 248. My goal is 200lbs. I with you Will. I too retired from the military and let myself go. Never again!

willtill
01-05-2016, 09:27 AM
My doctor told me that he would not replace my knee until I lost some weight. I weighed 289lbs when he told me that. On Dec 8th., I had a gastric sleeve done and right now I weigh 248. My goal is 200lbs. I with you Will. I too retired from the military and let myself go. Never again!

Excellent! We shall lose together! :yes: :yes: I am trying to ingest no more than 2,000 calories per day...

I started at a FAT 247 pounds over 2 weeks ago. Today I weigh 236.2 lbs. :icon_cool:

Hitting 200 pounds is my primary short range goal in life at this time. I will do it. And so will you! :icon_wink:

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-05-2016, 11:04 PM
...remove those individuals from my endangered species list......yes dear.

Steve 0080
01-06-2016, 11:47 AM
30 mile cycle ride tomorrow... I am working on it...my issue is I am not "fat" at 230... I have a 6pak barrel now, headed to loose the barrel !

Steve 0080
01-06-2016, 11:50 AM
1150# leg press for 10 reps ! Not bad for an ole guy! Both of these pic's are from Feb 2012 headed back there...225# in the pic above.

willtill
01-06-2016, 12:07 PM
30 mile cycle ride tomorrow... I am working on it...my issue is I am not "fat" at 230... I have a 6pak barrel now, headed to loose the barrel !

You look like Hellboy in that picture Steve....

http://i68.tinypic.com/ama7o3.jpg

Steve 0080
01-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Not sure, I was red a lot of the time before heart surgery. Could have been the sun who knows...trying to get to 215 or 200...not sure my addiction to sweets will allow it !

willtill
03-11-2017, 07:48 AM
So I failed to hit my target weight last year. But I have pursued it again this year with a renewed vengeance.

January 1st, 2017 I weighed 249lbs
March 11th (TODAY) I weigh 222lbs

My intermediate goal for the 1st half of this year is 200 lbs, After that... maybe I can get to the government recommended scarecrow weight of 176 for my stature.

I have found a fitness ecosystem called Polar and have been using a M400 fitness watch, chest heart rate monitor, as well as the Polar Balance scale and their PolarFlow web app to help me monitor my progress. Using these devices, as well as speed walking almost 6 miles practically every day for lunch, I've been able to stay in a calorie deficit. However I had to greatly reduce my consumption of beer which was really tough at first, but I'm getting used to it. Just gotta stay away from places like the VFW and the ALR which are watering holes for the most part.

This is Polar if any of you are interested. Out of all of the weight loss gimmicks, fads and diets... this has really effected weight loss for me

https://www.polar.com/us-en

jm21ddd15
03-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Congrats on the progress! Keep up the good work. Think- each pound YOU lose, the bike will be able to go faster!

willtill
03-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Congrats on the progress! Keep up the good work. Think- each pound YOU lose, the bike will be able to go faster!

So true :-)

The mild winter we have had really helped me get back on track as well.

I also have a outdoor elliptical bike called a Street Strider... and have taken it around the BWI bike trail (about 11 miles I think) though I have had to push it up some of the steeper inclines. One of my goals is to ultimately ride it on that circuit without having to get off of it and push it at times.

This thing SERIOUSLY kicks my ass, but it's a excellent workout and... the less I weigh... the easier it will get.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2m4x63b.jpg

jm21ddd15
03-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Nice looking exercise bike. Probably would be faster, if it was Matte Grey. LOL

grendl
03-20-2017, 05:58 PM
You may already know this but if you exercise to lose weight you will lose the fat,but muscle is heavier. Dont let the scale deter you.

willtill
03-20-2017, 08:23 PM
I've lost 33 pounds since January 1st and I am well on my way to 200 pounds, probably before my target date of 30 April. Here are some screenshots of the Polar Flow that records the metrics from my Polar fitness watch and Polar Balance scale:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2zp5ftv.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/inzbwi.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/10z7dol.jpg

There is a wealth of data that the Polar fitness ecosystem provides you with; once it begins to record, analyze and display your metrics. It's not a gimmick; this system is extremely beneficial to your health when used as it was developed and intended.