PDA

View Full Version : For all you guys riding in groups and we have to pull over and wait for you.

shooter
01-01-2016, 05:49 PM

stroguy
01-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Didn't the tortoise beat the hare? That tattoo is backwards.

cosborn
01-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Our groups are pretty small as you would imagine.

Chris

Oh by the way Happy New Year, hope this one is better than the last (World events)

'gw-smiley''riding':biker::biker::wheelchair wheelie:.dickie-deals."3wheelSmiley";side-car';hdrider;;roughrider;

shooter
01-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Didn't the tortoise beat the hare? That tattoo is backwards.

No , its not. That's why we always have to wait on you. Back there lollygagging counting the sheep standing in the field.

Sorcerer
01-01-2016, 07:35 PM
No , its not. That's why we always have to wait on you. Back there lollygagging counting the sheep standing in the field.

I don't think he is counting. Fantasizing? Daaaaaadddddyyyyyy

shooter
01-01-2016, 08:13 PM
SLAMAROONIE!!!!!

stroguy
01-01-2016, 09:24 PM
I don't think he is counting. Fantasizing? Daaaaaadddddyyyyyy

Bishslappped the first day of the year. 2016 is gonna be miserable for me. I just hope to share it with everyone.

shooter
01-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Its ok buddy. Someone has to be last. You shoulda bought a black one.

stroguy
01-01-2016, 10:12 PM
It has black tires, isn't that enough?

shooter
01-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Close enough. For everything we have been through the last 50 years I'll still ride with ya. Think maybe you can get it up into fourth next time?? I know thats unknown territory for you but.........its a good thing they don't have those minimum speed limits on the interstate anymore.

CopperMike
01-02-2016, 06:56 AM
LOL

Retired Army
01-02-2016, 09:02 AM
What is the big rush? If you ride with the kick stand down you can get off quicker.

NitroGoose
01-02-2016, 08:01 PM

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

shooter
01-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Absolutely love it!!!!

stroguy
01-02-2016, 09:07 PM
That deserves an award.

mercator1
01-03-2016, 12:17 AM
I hate big groups of riders. I never ride in any organized charity rides or the like. Too many empty nesters who just got their first bike, and I don't know if they're any good or not. If I'm with a group that has folks I don't know. I get in the back, where nobody can run over me. My brother has been riding 45+ years, and me almost that long, and I like to get just a couple more that are very experienced. We all tend to like to move through the wind pretty quickly.

shooter
01-03-2016, 01:04 AM
I'm with ya. I guess this rally will be my first big group ride. We should have a good group of experienced riders. Most guys on this forum have been riding for years.

stroguy
01-03-2016, 07:28 AM
I hate big groups of riders. I never ride in any organized charity rides or the like. Too many empty nesters who just got their first bike, and I don't know if they're any good or not. If I'm with a group that has folks I don't know. I get in the back, where nobody can run over me. My brother has been riding 45+ years, and me almost that long, and I like to get just a couple more that are very experienced. We all tend to like to move through the wind pretty quickly.

I did one large ride in our local Dodge club, hated every minute of the 2 hour disaster. It's nothing but a slinky of dipwads punching it, braking, punch it, hard brake. I look forward to hanging with some more experienced riders but would much rather keep that spacing way out there.

willtill
01-03-2016, 07:33 AM
During the last F6B rally in Franklin, NC... I had the same apprehensions about riding with an unknown skill set of gathered F6B riders. Turned out that everyone in the group was capable; and there were no issues with each rider's motorcycling ability. During some of the rides though; there were some riders that I observed that did not understand what a staggered formation was. Very few though out of the total that attended. Maybe 3 or so...

Since we had a large group; Phantom split it into two groups which was good. Have volunteered the suggestion for the next rally; that safety briefings be given prior to each ride(s) though; which underline group riding rules during the ride(s). Never hurts to reinforce what is needed to be known by all; in case some are not aware. :yes:

stroguy
01-03-2016, 08:17 AM
During the last F6B rally in Franklin, NC... I had the same apprehensions about riding with an unknown skill set of gathered F6B riders. Turned out that everyone in the group was capable; and there were no issues with each rider's motorcycling ability. During some of the rides though; there were some riders that I observed that did not understand what a staggered formation was. Very few though out of the total that attended. Maybe 3 or so...

Since we had a large group; Phantom split it into two groups which was good. Have volunteered the suggestion for the next rally; that safety briefings be given prior to each ride(s) though; which underline group riding rules during the ride(s). Never hurts to reinforce what is needed to be known by all; in case some are not aware. :yes:

Only problem with safety briefings is the time aspect. I know the organizers want specific departure times and meet up times. If we have to wait for the straggler or stragglers to start a safety brief it becomes a huge nuisance. Our local car club went to basic safety cards that were placed on the drivers door window seal with safety and group riding instructions. Maybe some small 3X5 card with the basics on all of the riders windscreen would help.

willtill
01-03-2016, 08:31 AM
Only problem with safety briefings is the time aspect. I know the organizers want specific departure times and meet up times. If we have to wait for the straggler or stragglers to start a safety brief it becomes a huge nuisance. Our local car club went to basic safety cards that were placed on the drivers door window seal with safety and group riding instructions. Maybe some small 3X5 card with the basics on all of the riders windscreen would help.

If that is a concern; then you build in extra time for the safety briefing. Everone at the last F6B rally was on time for the most part; since we were all staying together at the same hotel and were pretty much attuned to when the ride would gather.

I think that this may not be the same case for the next Rally down in Arkansas though. Am not sure if Tony (Phantom) found a place that will accommodate all of us at once.

3x5 cards would be a nice reinforcement of expectations though...