PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys...

F6bisnext
01-02-2016, 04:53 PM
I love my F6B and got a ton of new stuff for Christmas. I am NOT mechanically inclined but am getting tired paying top dollar to get stuff installed. I ordere the SUPERBRITE Leds flashing brake lights and thanks to DavidK's post on flashing brake lights, I not only ordered the parts, but installed them myself.

I then got to thinking about the Smart Mount Drivers backrest that has been sitting in my garage in the box waiting for me to call the Honda dealership to install. I was bored so took out the instructions. Not at all comfortable with cutting through my custom redone seat with a bread knife, but I said WHAT THE HECK and gave it a go. I measure 10 times to make sure my marks were on, read and reread the instructions and slowly, step by step I got it done!! I am so happy that I saved 2 1/2 hours labor at $90 per!

I don't do electrical work, so the TIR3 and turn conversion to brake turn will be done by Honda.....but I still saved some Benjamins.

So to all you folks that provide the parts you buy and the step by step instructions or private messages.....THANK YOU!!

Old Ryder
01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
You are so correct!!!!!! This site is a gold mine of information!

ths61
01-02-2016, 05:09 PM
+1, I have learned a lot from the great folks on this site.

Steve 0080
01-02-2016, 11:33 PM
Yes, there are some very bright people on this site and a great amount of experience as well !!!!!

willtill
01-03-2016, 07:25 AM
...and as the OP remarked; you can save so much money in labor costs; by working on your bike yourself :yes:

Leaves more money left over for more accessories, coke; ladies of the night :shhh:, etc :icon_mrgreen: