PDA

View Full Version : Rear Light Advice

F6bisnext
01-03-2016, 09:21 AM
I have analysis paralysis and have read almost every post on rear lighting I could find. Here is what I am looking to do, the parts I bought and I would appreciate your suggestions on what else I need to get all the parts to finish it. I don't do electrical work, so this will be done by the dealer, but I don't want to overpay for their parts.

What I want to do: Bright flashing brake lights. Make brake lights run turn.

What I have: TIR 3 with Kuryakyn wiring harness not yet installed and superbrite blinking led brake lights which I put in yesterday. I would like these to blink at the same rate not sure if it can be done or what would be needed.

What I need: Something to turn turn signals into run/turn or run/turn/brake. But I think the TIR3 and flashing superbrite may be all I need for the flashing rear brakes and it may be cheaper to go just run/turn. This is where I need the help. What lights for I buy, what else might I need...resistor? wig wag? Not sure as I am not electrically competent.

Thanks for the help. You guys ROCK!!!!

Vondawg
01-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Check out Big Cats'post in "turn signal conversion kits" maybe 4th page he list parts in there somewhere as well....that might be what you're looking for...
The search feature on this forum is "golden" and very useful......when we use it.

Greg O
01-03-2016, 09:25 PM
I have bought the parts that Big Cat suggested, I should be starting on this conversation soon. The only thing that I will be doing different, as I will be using EC factory connectors. I have yet to order the wigwag and the connectors.