PDA

View Full Version : New F6b Owner/member

HONDANUT
01-05-2016, 04:28 PM
I jumped to buy a new red 13 F6b when they came out and sure wanted CRUISE CONTROL......but reluctantly purchased the bike, loved it for one season, and sold it..... Bought a 14 Valkyrie (still have it) and just before the new year purchased a beautiful Blue F6b Std. from Honda East in Maumee Ohio. With winter having set in, I can only look at this beautiful bike WITH CRUISE and will anxiously await spring time, unless I bring it to Daytona in March. Will browse through old posts and see what I can learn, what I already don't know about the BESt line of Motorcycles made!

okf6b
01-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Welcome! :039: Spring will be here before you know it.

wiggy
01-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Welcome, Hondanut!

I bought a new 2013 in July and a cruise control is on my wish list and could be my next purchase.

This is a great site with very helpful and friendly folks!

stroguy
01-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Welcome Nut.

06Blackpearl
01-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Welcome

Willl
01-05-2016, 11:24 PM
'welcome gang' to the Forum HondaNut

'gw-smiley'

wjduke
01-06-2016, 05:28 AM
Cruise control is over rated. I have it on my 15 and never use it. I'm riding across the country to some rally going on in September and I might switch it on here and there....:icon_biggrin:

114th COBRA
01-06-2016, 06:02 AM
WELCOME.. Have used my cc since I got it in November 2015. Definitely like it on the 14-15 mile straights around the area.

wjduke
01-06-2016, 07:34 AM
I get bored with it...just sitting there doing nothing. It's a wrist reliever for me, that's about it.

Hornblower
01-06-2016, 07:43 AM
.welcome20., Hondanut, from NC :039: Quite an interesting collection of bikes you have there :popcorn:. How would compare the Valkyrie to the F6B, performance, comfort, etc.?

seadog
01-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Don't let the nay sayers give you any lip about the cruise control, I love it on the 2015 matte silver deluxe I bought in March of last year, after 7000 miles the first year I wouldn't buy a bike without it now. Up here in Michigan we are just waiting for spring to get things rolling again. Oh yes and by the way, check out the reservoir on the final drive and make sure it is filled to the bottom of the large fill hole. Honda has a tendency to forget to fill it and the dealers kind of ignore it as they figure its filled at the factory. Mine was 3 ounces low on a 4 ounce reservoir.

HONDANUT
01-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Cruise control is over rated. I have it on my 15 and never use it. I'm riding across the country to some rally going on in September and I might switch it on here and there....:icon_biggrin:

Personal opinions, but Honda missed out on a LOT of sales of the first year F6b and Pis___ off a lot of people by not putting C.C. on a Touring Bike. They did it again with a newer model ST I saw in Daytona a couple years ago at Bikeweek. I heard everyone asking the Honda reps about Cruise and the reps comment "may be in the future". They should learn to do it right the first time instead of peeing people off right from the start. I use cruise constantly on my cars even if short distances. A good speed deterrent. Again.... Just a personal preference for those who like cruise control to rest the wrist....

HONDANUT
01-06-2016, 10:12 AM
.welcome20., Hondanut, from NC :039: Quite an interesting collection of bikes you have there :popcorn:. How would compare the Valkyrie to the F6B, performance, comfort, etc.?

I am just a fan of the Valkyrie and unfortunately have lost a ton of $$ by purchasing the Valkyrie when it first came out,($15,999) but nice for a day cruise. Having a first year F6b and then to the Valkyrie, I didn't feel or notice any performance difference, just a tad lighter and sure don't remember passing another on the road. I only have 2000 miles on the 14 Valkyrie, but it serves a purpose and now with 15 F6b, it will be my bike for 2 wheel trips with C.C. I added Honda windshield and Honda bags to my Maroon 14 valkyrie to make it more practical...

wjduke
01-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Don't let the nay sayers give you any lip about the cruise control, I love it on the 2015 matte silver deluxe I bought in March of last year, after 7000 miles the first year I wouldn't buy a bike without it now. Up here in Michigan we are just waiting for spring to get things rolling again. Oh yes and by the way, check out the reservoir on the final drive and make sure it is filled to the bottom of the large fill hole. Honda has a tendency to forget to fill it and the dealers kind of ignore it as they figure its filled at the factory. Mine was 3 ounces low on a 4 ounce reservoir.
Yes, I'm a nay sayer I guess....it's just my opinion. I don't expect to change the minds of thousands who like it. Maybe after this long trip I'm taking, I'll eat my words and praise the gods. Believe me, I will.

Personal opinions, but Honda missed out on a LOT of sales of the first year F6b and Pis___ off a lot of people by not putting C.C. on a Touring Bike. They did it again with a newer model ST I saw in Daytona a couple years ago at Bikeweek. I heard everyone asking the Honda reps about Cruise and the reps comment "may be in the future". They should learn to do it right the first time instead of peeing people off right from the start. I use cruise constantly on my cars even if short distances. A good speed deterrent. Again.... Just a personal preference for those who like cruise control to rest the wrist....

:yes: agreed

Steve 0080
01-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Got to be tough to own a bike when you are from the frigid North !!!!

jm21ddd15
01-06-2016, 01:05 PM
I get bored with it...just sitting there doing nothing. It's a wrist reliever for me, that's about it.
+1 I have it, but seldom use it, mainly because I HATE riding the freeways. Twistys and hills, and backroads, are so much better. Cruise has its limitations in that arena. I will plan an extra 2-3 days in a road trip, just to avoid the interstate system. Being retired allows that option. Road over 14000 miles on my 1st summer with the 6.

Fla_rider
01-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Well Welcome, but the new Blue one while it has cruise control, deeper sounding and blacked out pipes it will still be slightly slower than your faster red one.

:postpics:

vmaxed
01-06-2016, 03:53 PM
'welcome gang' I had a 2014 Valk also..I traded it in on a Blue F6BD :icon_wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/2014%20Honda%20Valkyrie/2014-05-30111202.jpg

HONDANUT
01-07-2016, 08:13 AM

Now this is something I didn't want to hear, but will have to put bike on lift and check rear end...... Sure seems like buyers shouldn't have to do this on any new bike, but thanks for the heads up.... Will check it soon...