PDA

View Full Version : Florida weather … Brrrrrr

Phantom
01-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Brrrrrr

It's cold down here. Getting down to 37 degrees tonight.

I can't complain, just saw this video :shock: ….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59v0p-gAtk#t=364

GiddyupF6B
01-05-2016, 11:44 PM
It's a balmy 9 degrees here in Md. right now...it was in the 60's last week......

shooter
01-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Sorry for this Tony , but I hope you guys freeze your gonads off!!! I feel better now.

ths61
01-06-2016, 12:15 AM
That video did not make me home sick.

wjduke
01-06-2016, 05:31 AM
I love it when a Jeep or some other SUV flies past you on the highway, then you see a cloud of snow up ahead of you as they slide off the road. It's happened more than once to me.

114th COBRA
01-06-2016, 06:07 AM
When it hits 50 degrees again, and there's no threat of rain, i'm pulling her out for at least a two hour ride. :clap2:

willtill
01-06-2016, 06:18 AM
When it hits 50 degrees again, and there's no threat of rain, i'm pulling her out for at least a two hour ride. :clap2:

Maybe this Sunday :icon_cool: I woke up this morning to 13 degree's and clear.... that's too cold even for my Gerbings heated gear I think..

13 degree's Fahrenheit @ 65mph = -15 degree's :shock:

http://i68.tinypic.com/24zkhn6.jpg

GaTeach
01-06-2016, 07:26 AM
I hate cold weather.

Old Ryder
01-06-2016, 07:26 AM
I love it when a Jeep or some other SUV flies past you on the highway, then you see a cloud of snow up ahead of you as they slide off the road. It's happened more than once to me.

LOL!!!! So true. Years ago the owner of a 4 wheel drive SUV (before everybody had one) told me that most owners of 4 wheel drive vehicles are aware that they can go in snow and ice better than a car and they all know it and that is why they bought it. The problem is that 4 wheel drive has the same brakes and cannot stop or slow down any better and they have to learn that the hard way.

BTW--went out riding last week in 86 degrees---had to take my coat off and the A/C ran for 4 days. It never got above freezing yesterday until 4 o'clock and even then the wind was horrible.

wjduke
01-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Woke up to 9 yesterday and it never got out of the 20's. That's why upper 40's and 50 sounds good enough to ride in. 50 here Sunday but 100% rain forecast. I keep saying we're done up here, but you never know when you can sneak one in.

Phantom
01-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Sorry for this Tony , but I hope you guys freeze your gonads off!!! I feel better now.

:crackup:
That's what I call Brotherly Love "coffee"

seadog
01-06-2016, 09:24 AM
We really feel sorry for you guys in Florida at 37 degrees, that's just a warm winters day here in Michigan, just add an extra coat you guys will be fine!

Bob Penn
01-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Up here on top of the hill in NE PA it was -1 below 0 Monday morning. I had a nice breakfast by the fire and watched the deer play out back. As quick as I am I decided it wasn't going to be a good day for a ride but it would be a good day to enjoy the scenery and drink to being alive.

Steve 0080
01-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Welcome from FLA !!! Going for a 30 mile bicycle ride in the morning, after it warms up some !

wjduke
01-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Being from New England, all I can say is, we try to not miss too many ridable days when we get them! It's never "too hot", I don't care if it's 95.

willtill
01-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Up here on top of the hill in NE PA it was -1 below 0 Monday morning. I had a nice breakfast by the fire and watched the deer play out back. As quick as I am I decided it wasn't going to be a good day for a ride but it would be a good day to enjoy the scenery and drink to being alive.

All I see is Venison roasts.

Retired Army
01-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Question for the Floridians, is riding in the eye of a hurricane really smother? The season is just around the corner. :stirthepot:

randy99ca
01-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Between 4 pm Sunday and 4 pm Monday the high was 23 and a foot of snow fell.......Needless to say the b stayed in the garage and covered lol

Steve 0080
01-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Question for the Floridians, is riding in the eye of a hurricane really smother? The season is just around the corner. :stirthepot:

Actually when your in the "eye" the wind is dead calm and the shy is a pure bright blue! But then again I think we have not had one for 10 years or so, now snow, that comes every year !!!! :icon_razz:

Steve 0080
01-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Oh, I forgot :beach:'surfing''paragliding':th_sunbathe::bronze0 7:.snowremoval.'freezing-cold''cold'fireheat

shooter
01-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Welcome from FLA !!! Going for a 30 mile bicycle ride in the morning, after it warms up some !
I hope you sweat your ballz off.:no:

1951vbs
01-06-2016, 09:19 PM

Tony, I think you live in the wrong part of Florida!:039:

3Chief
01-07-2016, 12:19 AM
Even better than passing that guy with the 4x4 who blew by you in the ditch is walking into the office at work and having half the people in there scream "are you f@#$ing insane!" because you rode in the rain. I've worked with some of these guys for over a decade and its the same everytime...I don't care if I'm home in western Washington or here in San Diego...If it's above 25 there's a 99% chance I'm riding in barring an active snow event...and even then sometimes...:icon_razz:

Bob Penn
01-07-2016, 07:18 AM
All I see is Venison roasts.

You can only eat so much venison before you realize it's not worth the work involved or the loss of good friends who come to visit you every day. Here is a picture taken on a warmer day sharing a barbecue lunch before a ride through the hills of PA.
I'm not anti-hunting I'm just lazy besides have you ever petted a roast?

willtill
01-07-2016, 07:28 AM
You can only eat so much venison before you realize it's not worth the work involved or the loss of good friends who come to visit you every day. Here is a picture taken on a warmer day sharing a barbecue lunch before a ride through the hills of PA.
I'm not anti-hunting I'm just lazy besides have you ever petted a roast?

Only if I am seasoning it :icon_lol:

That very cool; for them to approach you like that :yes:

I hunt two private property's exclusively by myself; and after arrowing or shooting one; the amount of work involved with harvesting a deer actually begins. It is not for the faint of heart; nor one whom is physically weak in the heart.

Can only take four of them each year (because that's all my freezer will hold). I do love to sit out in the woods; usually in a climber and watch the deer as well as all of the other wildlife. When you insert into their environment carefully and before dawn; they don't even know you're there and then you see the true beauty of these creatures come about. :icon_cool:

Old Ryder
01-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Here in eastern NC, I am the anti-deer hunter. They continue to jump in front of my car wanting me to kill them and I refuse.

Deer hunting is easy. All you have to do is figure out a way to attach a headlight to the bullet, and they will jump in front of it. I think they are fast enough, too.

shooter
01-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Ron White says people want you to think killing a deer is difficult. He says what's so difficult about 2 headlights and a minivan doing 60 mph.

Bob Penn
01-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Now if you want to talk brave and killing why don't you stop over for a cup of coffee to discuss it with another friend of mine who has his own opinion on the sporting way to hunt.
He's every morning during the summer. He loves my scones

3Chief
01-09-2016, 01:19 AM
I would love to chat with him. His conversations must be much more interesting than the ones I have with the squirrels, birds and Chinchilla at my place. :icon_lol:

willtill
01-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Now if you want to talk brave and killing why don't you stop over for a cup of coffee to discuss it with another friend of mine who has his own opinion on the sporting way to hunt.
He's every morning during the summer. He loves my scones

That's amazing. Careful that thing has claws and teeth.

As far as "talking brave" (if you inferred from my previous comments) about being "It is not for the faint of heart; nor one whom is physically weak in the heart"....

...it meant that one needs to be prepared for the smell and sight of dressing a deer; as well as being in good physical shape to drag that deer out of the woods. Nothing in my comments was meant to be construed as you must be brave to kill a deer :nono:

Bryster
01-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Oh, I forgot :beach:'surfing''paragliding':th_sunbathe::bronze0 7:.snowremoval.'freezing-cold''cold'fireheat

We've had a few days of high temps best was 45c..... whats that in your lingo? 110F? After cooking on the workbike, my F6 stays put! Aircon, where is my jacket aircon? :icon_wink:

114th COBRA
01-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Maybe this Sunday :icon_cool: I woke up this morning to 13 degree's and clear.... that's too cold even for my Gerbings heated gear I think..

13 degree's Fahrenheit @ 65mph = -15 degree's :shock:

http://i68.tinypic.com/24zkhn6.jpg

Well it hit 53 degrees today, so I managed to get in a 226 mile round trip ride in today. Headed over to Eastern Shore for a short visit in Vienna. Crossed the bridge and the sun was out, and the road was dry.:icon_biggrin: Guess I can sit still for a little while since the weather's gonna change in the coming week. :icon_frown:

buckeyeken47
01-09-2016, 07:18 PM
I live in Colorado Springs and the deer here are basically domesticated. The closest I have been able to get is about 4 or 5 feet. At that point they always move quickly away. What I can't figure out is why, when they are so aware of where I am, they can't seem to understand traffic. The damn things will just step directly in front an on coming vehicle. It's not like a car or truck coming around a blind curve. There can be a clear line of site and the deer will step out into traffic anyway.