PDA

View Full Version : PowerBall and Motorcycles

Phantom
01-07-2016, 01:04 AM
:yikes:

Largest Jackpot in US History will be drawn on Saturday 1-10-16.

PowerBall estimated Jackpot is $675,000,000 and could go up even more.

I could buy a lot of motorcycles with that :icon_cool::yes: shoot, I would settle for just 2 Million, I'm not greedy :cheers:

F6B1911
01-07-2016, 05:23 AM
I could buy a lot of motorcycles with that shoot, I would settle for just 2 Million, I'm not greedy

I already have a great motorcycle, but I'd be able to get a decent paint job with that kind of scratch.....

willtill
01-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Guess I'll be buying 5 more tickets before Saturday. $10.00 is my limit with these hopeless contests of winning it :icon_wink:

...but you can't win if you don't buy a ticket.

114th COBRA
01-07-2016, 06:41 AM

I could buy a lot of motorcycles with that :icon_cool::yes: shoot, I would settle for just 2 Million, I'm not greedy :cheers:

Heck, I'd settle for half a million, gas up the "B" and start a trip around the U.S. Sure would like to ride through them big Redwoods.:039:

jaygollner
01-07-2016, 11:15 AM

I'll settle for one Mill, Does that mean I out bid you Phantom?

Phantom
01-07-2016, 11:48 AM
I'll settle for one Mill, Does that mean I out bid you Phantom?

I just want to retire with additional homes (and motorcycles in their garages) in the Carribean and Europe. :icon_mrgreen:

That will require at least 2 Mill :icon_wink:

Retired Army
01-07-2016, 12:28 PM
I already have a great motorcycle, but I'd be able to get a decent paint job with that kind of scratch.....

That kind of scratch will remove all scratch for your ride.

Phantom
01-07-2016, 06:25 PM
As of tonight, it is up to $700 Million and will probably increase :shock:

Jimmytee
01-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Well. if I win, I will sponsor the entire F6B rally this year and will give away a couple of motorcycles."coffee" Of course that's just a small part. I have some very dear charities, I'd like to benefit as well. Of course I'd have a few new bikes . That's a lot of money.

Phantom
01-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Well. if I win, I will sponsor the entire F6B rally this year and will give away a couple of motorcycles."coffee"

I'll pay for HOR's Painter to set-up a painting booth :duck:

opas ride
01-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Just remember the odds of winning are 222.1 million to 1.....Good Luck!!!!

Phantom
01-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Just remember the odds of winning are 222.1 million to 1.....Good Luck!!!!

The odds have actually increased even higher …. 292 Million to 1

Catlyn Jenner has better odds getting laid by Arnold Schwarzenegger :icon_mrgreen: :nutkick:

opas ride
01-07-2016, 06:54 PM
The odds have actually increased even higher …. 292 Million to 1

Catlyn Jenner has better odds getting laid by Arnold Schwarzenegger :icon_mrgreen: :nutkick:

Right on my friend......now 292.2 million to 1....I don't waste my money but good luck to those that play the game.....

Jimmytee
01-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Yes the odds are incredible, but someone tell me How the odds increase????? You still have to pick the same amount of matching numbers. There are not any more numbers added. Or am I missing some bit of info? You have to match 6 numbers with one of those being exclusive to the Power Ball pick. It's the same thing each time there is a drawing, no matter how much the jackpot.:icon_wink:

F6B1911
01-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Right on my friend......now 292.2 million to 1....I don't waste my money but good luck to those that play the game.....

I'm not a lottery player, but for that size of a payout, I'll buy a ticket.
Consider it my donation to the billboard advertising along EVERY freeway I drive on.

wjduke
01-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Yes the odds are incredible, but someone tell me How the odds increase????? You still have to pick the same amount of matching numbers. There are not any more numbers added. Or am I missing some bit of info? You have to match 6 numbers with one of those being exclusive to the Power Ball pick. It's the same thing each time there is a drawing, no matter how much the jackpot.:icon_wink:

They added numbers to make the odds higher. Supposedly, the lower tier wins are easier.

say the picks before were from 1-62.....it may be 1-75....something like that

GNW
01-07-2016, 07:29 PM

Bought a ticket today.
If I win I want a HOG.
Sorry, just shit'in YA !!

GNW
01-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Bought a ticket today.
If I win I want a HOG.
Sorry, just shit'in YA !!

Honestly, I would buy the most expensive motorhome PREVOST makes to pull my big bitch'in F6 around !! There ya go !!

Greg O
01-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Latest estimate now is 700 million, you could almost buy Honda corp. motorcycle division.

Phantom
01-07-2016, 07:48 PM
No need to worry about speeding tickets and your insurance going up :icon_biggrin:

Jimmytee
01-07-2016, 09:33 PM
They added numbers to make the odds higher. Supposedly, the lower tier wins are easier.

say the picks before were from 1-62.....it may be 1-75....something like that

I don't think that is quite correct. Yes the odds are 1 in 292 million, but it remains at those odds each drawing. It is true that before Oct 7th and the Game was adjusted, that the odds for the Jackpot used to be 1 in 175 million.

shooter
01-07-2016, 09:37 PM
If I had that 600 million I would have an F6B for every day of the month. 29 black ones and one white one cause I'm not prejudiced.

ths61
01-07-2016, 11:58 PM
If you take the up front payout, you will only pocket @ 25%, then you will be disappeared by your neighbors. It's just not worth the risk to you and your family. If you win, I can help you with that. :icon_wink:

shooter
01-08-2016, 02:11 AM
Thanks man. Not many people would offer that. A true sacrifice for sure.:cheers:

wjduke
01-08-2016, 05:27 AM
[QUOTE=Jimmytee;105943]I don't think that is quite correct. Yes the odds are 1 in 292 million, but it remains at those odds each drawing. It is true that before Oct 7th and the Game was adjusted, that the odds for the Jackpot used to be 1 in 175 million.[/QUOTE

Odds don't just increase on their own. On the first version of Powerball, the 1st 5 numbers were 1-45, with the Powerball numbers 1-45.
Now, the 1st 5 numbers are 1-69, and the Powerball numbers are 1-26.

Jimmytee
01-08-2016, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=Jimmytee;105943]I don't think that is quite correct. Yes the odds are 1 in 292 million, but it remains at those odds each drawing. It is true that before Oct 7th and the Game was adjusted, that the odds for the Jackpot used to be 1 in 175 million.[/QUOTE

Odds don't just increase on their own. On the first version of Powerball, the 1st 5 numbers were 1-45, with the Powerball numbers 1-45.
Now, the 1st 5 numbers are 1-69, and the Powerball numbers are 1-26.

I didn't say the odds increased on their own. They adjusted the game recently after Oct 27 th to supposedly increase your odds of winning the smaller prizes. ( you know where you match some of the numbers) but it increased the odds on matching all of the numbers. Yes this is done by increasing the number of white balls and decreasing the number of red balls. My point was that the Odds don't change after each drawing just because the jackpot increases. That , i thought, was the implied reasoning in the earlier posts and that is what I was referring to. Not when the Lottery makes scheduled and announced changes to the game. Up until Oct 27, 2015 the odds had been 1 in 175,000,000 of winning the jackpot. The odds didn't just increase latley because of the amount of the current jackpot.

willtill
01-08-2016, 06:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4

:icon_mrgreen:

wjduke
01-08-2016, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=wjduke;105957]

I didn't say the odds increased on their own. They adjusted the game recently after Oct 27 th to supposedly increase your odds of winning the smaller prizes. ( you know where you match some of the numbers) but it increased the odds on matching all of the numbers. Yes this is done by increasing the number of white balls and decreasing the number of red balls. My point was that the Odds don't change after each drawing just because the jackpot increases. That , i thought, was the implied reasoning in the earlier posts and that is what I was referring to. Not when the Lottery makes scheduled and announced changes to the game. Up until Oct 27, 2015 the odds had been 1 in 175,000,000 of winning the jackpot. The odds didn't just increase latley because of the amount of the current jackpot.

Ok, I saw it differently, my bad on that misunderstanding. You're correct on your point!

Bob Penn
01-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Foolish me I bought 2 tickets, but I don't want to win! I don't want to die from a heart attack brought on by finding out I won!

willtill
01-08-2016, 08:45 AM
Foolish me I bought 2 tickets, but I don't want to win! I don't want to die from a heart attack brought on by finding out I won!

This could be a valid concern.

What is important as well; how do you act and what do you do immediately after finding out you won the sum? :yikes:

Phantom
01-08-2016, 02:18 PM
:biggthumpup:

It's up to …. $800 Million :yikes: wow, wow, wow !!!!

cosborn
01-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Thats a lot of #@&%# money, you could re-start Australia with that sort of loot.

Chris

GiddyupF6B
01-08-2016, 09:09 PM
I've never played the lottery and haven't bought a ticket before. For some reason I just bought $40 worth of this Powerball?! I'm sitting here asking myself why I just did that exactly?? I guess I got caught up in the hype....If I win I won't question myself anymore.....:icon_mrgreen:

willtill
01-09-2016, 06:46 AM
I've never played the lottery and haven't bought a ticket before. For some reason I just bought $40 worth of this Powerball?! I'm sitting here asking myself why I just did that exactly?? I guess I got caught up in the hype....If I win I won't question myself anymore.....:icon_mrgreen:

Yep, easy to get carried away... 5 ticket's is always max for me when I see the lottery's get this high in value. Got to keep it in perspective.... I'd rather light one 10 dollar bill on fire; rather than two 20's :icon_lol:

ReserveBum
01-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Funny story....before our government took over the gambling from the mob. When I was a kid in Queens, there was a guy on our street who was the ONLY biker around and he was the real deal. We would always play ball in the street...unless Rocco's bike was parked there. No one messed with him. This was the early 60's and he looked the part, leathers, boots, gimpy leg from laying one down. Anyhow on paydays my old man would give me $5 and tell me to go see Rocco with his numbers. It seemed that everyone in the neighborhood knew about this...cops included and on Fridays Rocco was a most popular guy. There was no trepidation on our part as Rocco would make sure no one messed with his customers. On the few times we won, Rocco would come to our house and sit down for a cup of tea and give the money to my Dad or Gram.
I liked that system better than todays...We knew where our money was, it was local and it wasnt going in the pockets of our corrupt pols. There was very little crime and we could walk the streets as kids.

zzh54
01-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Back in the day when New York lottery was just New York, A group of guys got together and figured out every possible combination of numbers. Back then the odds were like 15 million to 1. Well the jackpot was in the 90 million range and they had people all over the state to play every number combo. It seemed the state computer seen what was going on and froze up just before the drawing. They made out but didn't get the take that they had planned on.
I put a few bucks in, You just never know.
First thing I would do is to get a new cell phone number, ( only phone I have ) I know I would have relatives and friends I never had before....

willtill
01-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Back in the day when New York lottery was just New York, A group of guys got together and figured out every possible combination of numbers. Back then the odds were like 15 million to 1. Well the jackpot was in the 90 million range and they had people all over the state to play every number combo. It seemed the state computer seen what was going on and froze up just before the drawing. They made out but didn't get the take that they had planned on.
I put a few bucks in, You just never know.
First thing I would do is to get a new cell phone number, ( only phone I have ) I know I would have relatives and friends I never had before....

They haven't talked to me before... they will not be allowed to talk to me later. :jerkit:

I have no problems saying "No" :nono:

nvmyf6
01-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Its up to 900 million :yikes:

Steve 0080
01-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Headed to 1 billion !!!!!

willtill
01-09-2016, 05:58 PM

Crazy. Absolutely the amount of money... if someone was to win that. We will see...

..though "take home" with the one time lump sum payment will be approximately 35-40 percent of the overall cash prize. :icon_frown:

I could deal with that.

If you won... first things to do:

1. Shut yer mouth :shhh:
2. Document the winning ticket well (photographs, etc).
3. Shut yer mouth :shhh:

Many strategies on what a lottery winner should do with the resultant winnings...

1. Invest it. Meaning that you may have to consult with an overwhelming amount of "financial consultants" whom will flock to your door. No thank you.

2. Personally, my investment strategy is NONE. Dependent on the amount (guessing 326 million +) I won it and I am far enough advanced in my physical life; that I shall live off of the principle (and interest modestly continually accumulated) until I leave this earthly globe. :icon_wink:

Why would one want to make (just a abject figure here) 326 million dollars GROW when if you are sane in mind and frugal... that very amount would EASILY carry you to your death?

I must repeat (love this movie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4

ths61
01-09-2016, 11:20 PM
I would quickly move to a state with no income tax before collecting the winnings.

Phantom
01-09-2016, 11:23 PM
:icon_frown:

$949,800,000.00 Was the final JackPot

Wasn't my turn, but I contributed towards somebody's retirement :cheers:

Phantom
01-10-2016, 02:51 AM
:cheers:

Here we go again ….

Wednesday's drawing is estimated to be $1,300,000,000.00

One Billion Three hundred Million ……...

F6B1911
01-10-2016, 06:16 AM

$1.3 billion since no one won.
Now if I win, not only can I afford a paint job for my F6B, I just might be able to afford a color-matched Bushtec.

willtill
01-10-2016, 06:59 AM
Well we matched two of the numbers from the last drawing.. :icon_wink:

zzh54
01-10-2016, 09:18 AM
1.3 billion, what to do. If the universe aligns and the stars sparkle in my favor, I will buy the ice cream on Friday night for everyone that shows at this years rally.

choptop
01-10-2016, 09:23 AM
I just want to retire with additional homes (and motorcycles in their garages) in the Carribean and Europe. :icon_mrgreen:

That will require at least 2 Mill :icon_wink:

I just retired on Friday, Yee Ha. Was always a better spender than saver. Now just sit and wait for the first check, bought ten tickets, something would be better than nothing !

willtill
01-10-2016, 11:13 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/24xl2r8.jpg

Phantom
01-11-2016, 12:16 PM
:shhh:
1.4 Billion

Trike lady
01-11-2016, 05:11 PM
I guess I'll go and buy a ticket tomorrow, I don't need much except a trike and a mobile home. :icon_mrgreen:

MisterB
01-12-2016, 02:53 AM
Well they'll get my $2. With that kind of money I'd buy a 2016 Deluxe in white. LOVE the stormtrooper look!
No other big bikes appeal to me, even as a soon-to-be millionaire.
Maybe pick up a nice Cushman Scooter and a Big Ruckus for farting around.
Buy a house in Utah and spend my time hiking the parks....
Oh well, back to reality... which isn't too bad thanks to a great wife who loves that I have the F6B and a hobby that makes me happy! She says it "keeps me sane".

ths61
01-12-2016, 12:47 PM
http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/12/30/ww.jpg

shooter
01-12-2016, 03:20 PM
1.3 billion, what to do. If the universe aligns and the stars sparkle in my favor, I will buy the ice cream on Friday night for everyone that shows at this years rally.
I think you should do that one way or the other. Only thing better than good ice cream is free ice cream.

wjduke
01-12-2016, 03:26 PM
I think you should do that one way or the other. Only thing better than good ice cream is free ice cream.

We're leaving Friday! No ice cream for you! Ok, my mistake....we leave Saturday
lol

shooter
01-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Hey for free ice cream we can stay an extra day. Phantom is paying for our rooms , right??

wjduke
01-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Hey for free ice cream we can stay an extra day. Phantom is paying for our rooms , right??

That's what I heard

shooter
01-12-2016, 05:24 PM
WOOO HOOO!!!! Rocky Road!!!!

Phantom
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM

ABSOLUTELY ……. as long as the lottery God's are good to me tomorrow night .angel'

shooter
01-12-2016, 07:14 PM
You DA Man Tony!!!!!!!

Phantom
01-12-2016, 07:24 PM
You DA Man Tony!!!!!!!

Stro has nominated you to lead the aerobics class afterwards to help us BURN off the extra calories :icon_wink:

Stro even sent a video from when both of you attended your family reunion this past summer …… I like it, count me in :biggthumpup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DMF5jDhmkI

Willl
01-12-2016, 07:34 PM
OMG, too funny :icon_laugh:

Which one is Stro ? :icon_laugh:

shooter
01-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Stro is the one in the speedo. After a couple drinks he's a hoot.

wjduke
01-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Stro is the one in the speedo. After a couple drinks he's a hoot.

He must be hammered a lot because he's pretty darn funny here.

shooter
01-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Duke he has a little problem with the sauce. We don't talk about it in the family. At least 50% of the time he's sober. That's usually when he's sleeping.

seadog
01-13-2016, 12:19 AM
Your life would be in danger along with the lives of your family if you won that jackpot! You would also have more friends and family than you could shake a stick at. The phone would be ringing off the hook with people trying to get you to give them money. The doorbell would overheat from people trying to get your attention and give them money. That jackpot would give you more grief than satisfaction. You would have to hire a very good security team and five lawyers and a bank of money managers. Good Luck with that if you win.

wjduke
01-13-2016, 05:27 AM
Your life would be in danger along with the lives of your family if you won that jackpot! You would also have more friends and family than you could shake a stick at. The phone would be ringing off the hook with people trying to get you to give them money. The doorbell would overheat from people trying to get your attention and give them money. That jackpot would give you more grief than satisfaction. You would have to hire a very good security team and five lawyers and a bank of money managers. Good Luck with that if you win.

I'd be forced to move away to a place where I could ride year round. What punishment! I could get lost in Texas pretty easily. I have a sister there and she's pretty trustworthy. I saw an article yesterday that with all the taxes taken out, you're left with no where near a billion dollars. There's plenty left over though. BTW, all the family members you'd help will cost you. Anything over $14,000 each in a calendar year is taxed at 40%. Each million costs you $1,400,000. That can dwindle the kitty. That's why some lottery winners end up broke. I'd still like to have a chance. I've never had much in my 59 years. We can dream....it'll be over soon and everyone will be back to normal thinking.

willtill
01-13-2016, 07:26 AM

Yep.

There are good executive protection teams out there for hire. But the number one concern would be to keep your windfall a secret; at least don't attach your name to it. Set up a trust.

Probably easier said than done though... you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Definitely you would have to go into obscurity soon afterwards... and let the heat die down from everyone clamoring to get a piece of you and your fortune.

Phantom
01-13-2016, 02:09 PM
I would like to thank all of you that purchased tickets and contributed towards my retirement :icon_razz:

Good Luck everyone !!!

Although your odds are 1 in 292,000,000
FYI … only 75% of all numerical combinations were picked last time, they are saying that 80% of all numerical combinations will be picked this time around (the computer prints out the same numbers multiple times, hence multiple winners in different states)…. that means that there is a 20% chance that no one will pick the numbers tonight :shock: can you imagine the figure if that does indeed occur?

ths61
01-14-2016, 01:47 AM
Purple squishies for everyone in Chino Hills, CA.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/9/9b/Apu-n.gif/revision/latest?cb=20110102185353

Phantom
01-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Winning tickets were sold in three states, California, Florida and Tennessee

willtill
01-14-2016, 07:31 AM
Now life can get back to normal again....

...except for those holders of the three winning tickets :icon_lol:

wjduke
01-14-2016, 07:51 AM
They'll be a lot less planning on how to spend and Powerball talk, that's for sure...until the next time.

shooter
01-14-2016, 10:47 AM
Phantom lives in Florida.

shooter
01-14-2016, 10:48 AM
So does Steve.

shooter
01-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Just sayin.

shooter
01-14-2016, 10:52 AM
If I woulda won I was gonna have the whole bike chromed. That woulda pissed Steve off to no end.

Steve 0080
01-14-2016, 12:02 PM
No Sir, I would have been jealous ! :icon_razz: