PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Do The Hard Work!

WingStuff
01-07-2016, 05:41 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYJF01ZUAAAC-Qq.png

Steve 0080
01-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Cool, good news...!!!

stroguy
01-07-2016, 07:57 PM
A unibit? Where's the dynomite?

shooter
01-07-2016, 10:28 PM
I'm wondering if the installation is necessary on the helmets.

WingStuff
01-08-2016, 11:48 AM
I'm wondering if the installation is necessary on the helmets.

Hey shooter,

We actually posted a blog article not too long ago talking about helmets/headsets/installation and in Step Four we share why we think it's important to have a headset properly installed. As a side note, and as the article states, some helmets require little to no installation while others tend to be a bit more complicated. It all depends.

If you want to, check out our two cents for what it's worth: http://wingstuff.com/blog_detail/65949_how_to_determine_the_helmet_headset_combo_th at_s

Hornblower
01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
If I may interject a thought here...I'm sure you guys know how to properly install a helmet headset but the problem I see with that is knowing how deep to set the speakers. Those of us who have done this job many times know how tricky that can be. Even good helmet speakers don't have good fidelity unless they are placed really close to your ears and probably even touching the ears. Of course, if they're placed too close, they can irritate your ears. I have found this part of the installation to be trial-and-error to get them right :2cents:.

wjduke
01-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Hey shooter,

We actually posted a blog article not too long ago talking about helmets/headsets/installation and in Step Four we share why we think it's important to have a headset properly installed. As a side note, and as the article states, some helmets require little to no installation while others tend to be a bit more complicated. It all depends.

If you want to, check out our two cents for what it's worth: http://wingstuff.com/blog_detail/65949_how_to_determine_the_helmet_headset_combo_th at_s

On a different side note, since we're talking helmets....have you guys ever heard of a helmet causing a harmonic hum? I posted a thread about this here. I proved it's the helmet by using a half helmet. I haven't tried a different full face. Shoei RF1200

willtill
01-08-2016, 02:40 PM
On a different side note, since we're talking helmets....have you guys ever heard of a helmet causing a harmonic hum? I posted a thread about this here. I proved it's the helmet by using a half helmet. I haven't tried a different full face. Shoei RF1200

Yes, I have a HJC 3/4 and a modular helmet. Both of them will cause a harmonic hum with the exhaust. I just use foam earplugs at highway speeds. Takes care of the hum and can still hear my stereo as well as the rest of the environment around me.

wjduke
01-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Ya Will, I was wondering is this is a known problem, or just related to our bike.

willtill
01-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Ya Will, I was wondering is this is a known problem, or just related to our bike.

It's related to our bikes; at least mine. I never got this hum on my Triumph Rocket III nor my Victory Vision.

shooter
01-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Hey shooter,

I only use Shoei helmets and they are extremely easy to take apart and install headsets. I assumed that most helmets were about the same. I wasn't questioning your ability. What I think is simple.may be difficult to others. I'm sure you do a top notch job. Just thinking out loud.

opas ride
01-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Yes, I have a HJC 3/4 and a modular helmet. Both of them will cause a harmonic hum with the exhaust. I just use foam earplugs at highway speeds. Takes care of the hum and can still hear my stereo as well as the rest of the environment around me.
Talked about before on earlier posts and yes harmonic hum is there with my HJC 3/4 and my Shoei 3/4...Not as bad with the open face HJC but more noticeable with my Shoei...Cobra pipes tend to add to the noise, but it is not bothersome to me anymore...Foam earplugs help some, but I have issues wearing plugs for some reason, different size ear canals or something....Anyhow going into the 3rd riding season soon, I will just motor on!!!!....Ride safe