PDA

View Full Version : CORBIN seat article in Cycle World

Phantom
08-16-2013, 07:00 PM
This is a nice write up on the latest Corbin seat options.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/02/corbin-honda-gold-wing-f6b-smuggler-seating-system/

Yeahoo Whoyah
08-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Odd looking thing.

Alberta Beagle
08-17-2013, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't exactly call that a review. It's sounds like it was written by Corbin and sounds more like a sales pitch than anything else.

Beagle

F6B-RICH
08-17-2013, 12:01 PM
For the few small rides I did with my Corbin so far so good :thumb: It is a great seat for ME :icon_biggrin:

gamersince1976
08-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I agree. It's a Corbin write up - I think it even says that at the top.

I'd be willing to give this setup a try IF the seat and trunk came in a single piece. But for that price I hate the gap that's left between the pieces. I get that it's there because it's a "modular solution", but I don't like the look OR the feel of a gap in the middle of the seat.

Phantom
08-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I agree. It's a Corbin write up - I think it even says that at the top.

You are right , I missed the ... Corbin Press Release part :icon_doh:

MSGT-R
08-19-2013, 07:07 PM
You can't really see the "gap" very much with a black one, and when sitting on it, you can't feel it either.. I don't think anyone's ass is that skinny! :icon_lol:

I'm liking mine (the black one in the article). I don't think my back seat will ever go on; I never ride anyone to ever need it. The trunk is just big enough to be very handy without being too big. :yes:

gamersince1976
08-21-2013, 10:26 PM
You can't really see the "gap" very much with a black one, and when sitting on it, you can't feel it either.. I don't think anyone's ass is that skinny! :icon_lol:

I'm liking mine (the black one in the article). I don't think my back seat will ever go on; I never ride anyone to ever need it. The trunk is just big enough to be very handy without being too big. :yes:

I'm sure it's not that bad - but the "fold" in the bottom of the OEM seat bothered me a lot. It was one of the reasons I got an aftermarket seat. And I'm far from a skinny ass!

At this point I'm too spoiled my the feel of my Rick Mayer seat to switch to any modular design. Though I'd love to somehow incorporate something like the Smuggler's Trunk into my bike to give it that solo seat look.

BillyDaFinn
08-21-2013, 10:40 PM
I bought this seat yesterday. Got black leather rider and passenger with no heat and the asphalt textured vinyl on the sides with no welts and the trunk, 1500 bux. Read all about corbin seats being firm, can be as firm as the stock saddle on my flstc, can it? LOL! Can't wait, its gonna be a long six weeks.

MSGT-R
08-24-2013, 10:13 AM
I hope it doesn't disappoint you. They are firm, but when fitted properly, are a wonderful seat that will last for many years. All of mine for my bikes were whacked waaay down because I'm so short, but I think they fit great with no "hard spots". This is my fourth seat, all of them Hondas, three are still in residence. I've never had a company work with me so closely before as a regular part of what they do, but I have the occasion of living only 5 hours away from them and it's a great excuse for a scenic ride and a weekend get away. :icon_mrgreen:

Disclaimer: everyone's ass is different.. :icon_wink:

chipmaker
08-24-2013, 11:31 AM
I bought this seat yesterday. Got black leather rider and passenger with no heat and the asphalt textured vinyl on the sides with no welts and the trunk, 1500 bux. Read all about corbin seats being firm, can be as firm as the stock saddle on my flstc, can it? LOL! Can't wait, its gonna be a long six weeks.

$1500. :icon_doh:

MSGT-R
08-24-2013, 01:24 PM
That's the price you pay for a custom leather seat.

chipmaker
08-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Ive had Corbin seats before, $1500 is rediculous...

BillyDaFinn
08-24-2013, 03:52 PM

1500 bux for the seat alone would be rediculous.......

BillyDaFinn
08-25-2013, 12:12 AM
I hope it doesn't disappoint you. They are firm, but when fitted properly, are a wonderful seat that will last for many years. All of mine for my bikes were whacked waaay down because I'm so short, but I think they fit great with no "hard spots". This is my fourth seat, all of them Hondas, three are still in residence. I've never had a company work with me so closely before as a regular part of what they do, but I have the occasion of living only 5 hours away from them and it's a great excuse for a scenic ride and a weekend get away. :icon_mrgreen:

Disclaimer: everyone's ass is different.. :icon_wink:

Thanks MSGT-R, I'm not sure, but my new seat might be exactly like yours, sorry? I stared at the pictures on the website long enough and fell in love with it. I ordered mine over the phone instead of going thru their website, really helpful people, glad I did it that way. They're going to shape the front of the saddle for me as I am inseam challenged also. I'm not afraid of a firm seat......bring it on, I think? LOL!

MSGT-R
08-25-2013, 12:48 AM

A Dual Tour seat with no heat or backrests is $597.

For the Smuggler modular system:
Front seat, no heat $289
Back seat, no heat $289
Smuggler trunk $799
* Total* $1377

..and whatever shipping charges to your home.
To add heat to the seat is $170 more - each.
That's why it's $1500.

MercuryF1
08-25-2013, 07:53 AM
A Dual Tour seat with no heat or backrests is $597.

For the Smuggler modular system:
Front seat, no heat $289
Back seat, no heat $289
Smuggler trunk $799
* Total* $1377

..and whatever shipping charges to your home.
To add heat to the seat is $170 more - each.
That's why it's $1500.

If shipped to a California address, do you have to pay additional sales tax too?

fast eddie
08-25-2013, 08:52 AM
maybe its me i'v been riding over 45 yrs have owned over 30 motorcycles the F6B is the best stock seat I have ever had. I had mustang (which I really liked,) Corbin's, travelcade even the Ultimate. The only other stock seat I ever liked was a 1987 venture royal, this Wing seat lets me do 400 mile days with no problems. Not to knock the Corbin but I had 1 on my Valkryie an after 3000 miles sold it ( maybe I don't have a corbin butt) to hard ( num butt) an now you're telling me 15 large? I just might till I hit 100,000 on my F6B then think of replacing it.:clap2:

SpeedyWho
08-25-2013, 10:30 AM

The major cost is the trunk thing he bought. That's nearly half the total cost

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 04:00 PM
The trunk does add some functionality that standard seat wouldn't, not to mention a distinct change of appearance.

Kind of ya either like it, or, you can live without it.

Seat costs can add up real quick. I'm a died-in-the-wool Russell Day Long supporter. The Corbin Dual Tour w/o heat and backrest will most likely be less expensive than having RDL do an F6B seat,,,

All butts are different, Some have Corbin butts, mine is RDL. If you know what works for ya, do it!

MSGT-R
08-26-2013, 11:51 AM
I guess I have a Corbin butt. :icon_rolleyes:

Mercury, you can bet California will get their tax out of you.