PDA

View Full Version : What is your best upgrade?

Towerhawk
01-12-2016, 05:28 PM
I've had my 6 since early July and have only added the Rivco flip out highway pegs. Wondering what the 1 thing you guys have added that you believe to be the best improvement to your scooter. Maybe we can break out and specify #1 Enhanced the performance. #2 Safety and #3 bells and whistles?

Necanefan
01-12-2016, 05:32 PM
1)Madstad windscreen (performance?)

1)Heated Grips (bells and whistles)

But, I am hoping that the Russell Day Long seat trumps them all (production date of 2-3-16).

F6B1911
01-12-2016, 05:40 PM
+1 on the Madstad, by far the best upgrade on my F6B.

11" dark for the summer
15" light gray for a spare

Jayrock
01-12-2016, 05:55 PM
It's difficult for most of us to think of really HOT weather right now, but a cupholder to carry a cold drink was something I found I couldn't live without once I had it (and a modular helmet) on. It's really nice to be able to re-hydrate on the go instead of having to stop. The human brain works better when it's hydrated, so it's safer.

imported_NMRed
01-12-2016, 06:32 PM
+2 on the Madstad.'riding'

wjduke
01-12-2016, 07:00 PM
1) Klock Werks Flare shield for performance

2) Super brite led brake light for safety

3) The 12V outlet and USB adapter for bells and whistles. Not yet installed, just rec'd today. I see this mod as a major problem saver in many ways down the road. It's going to solve recharging issues, will run a compressor in case of a flat repair, and will allow GPS usage. All for $20-25 total dollars, and I bet it does more for me that I don't even know about yet. The center stand should be a close second.

Phaedrus
01-12-2016, 07:21 PM
1) F4 Customs windshield.

2) Blinking LED brake light bulbs.

3) Key knob for glove box.

Old Ryder
01-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Madstad--comfort
Ultimate King Rider--comfort
Baker hand and leg wings--comfort
Helibars---comfort
Kury ERGO II--comfort
Kury mini boards--comfort
Bunches and bunches of lights (LED headlights, 960's, Superbrites, front turn signal LEDs, Hyperlites, TIT3 strobe brake light) ---safety
J&M speakers---so I can crank it up loud and play air guitar.

opas ride
01-13-2016, 12:07 PM
Love my Baggershield, Mustang seat, and Cobra pipes as the best up-grades for me...Custom paint job is probably the number one, and most costly upgrade, although....Ride safe

Fla_rider
01-13-2016, 01:59 PM
1. Clearview Windshield
2. TIR3 Blinking brake light
3. RED LED's in instrument cluster

YikesCops
01-13-2016, 03:05 PM
1. Gear indicator.
2. Grip puppies.
3. No key knobs.

shooter
01-13-2016, 04:05 PM
More Chrome.

Jimmytee
01-13-2016, 09:01 PM
For sure, the best was the Helibars.
Beyond that, Corbin Dual Tour seat with both back rests,
Complete replacement of the factory audio system including a sub
Kuryakyn Ergo IIIs
Quite a few other add ons, but those are my top ones.

1951vbs
01-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Russell Day Long or should I say 1200 miles a day comfort....really!3675

Dfinkelsteinmd
01-13-2016, 10:46 PM
First I tried a few different shields and seats before returning to OEM (shield wrapped in glossy black vinyl and seat customized by Lui Moto) so the bike looks pretty much original except for the unplugged Cobra 6's. Sold my Mustang seat, Kury pegs, Cee Bailey shield and ditched the sissy bar so other than extra black, my bike looks pretty stock and you might think boring (as I did for a year or so) but then I bought a 2015 R9T and turned it into a cafe racer for posing only.
Now I ride my F6B in comfort and style, getting more compliments at Pt. Reyes, Alice's, etc., than any other ride I own.

3Chief
01-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Luggage Rack

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-14-2016, 12:18 AM
Less chrome

BEIST
01-14-2016, 03:08 AM
#1 Would have to be the 14" Dark Smoke Klock Werks Flip Windshield. It not only throws the wind up over my head creating nothing but "clean air" as advertised but it also presses the front end of the bike down onto the pavement like a spoiler does on the back of a race car. Modifications are hard to rate. Nine times out of ten you do not even know about most of these modifications until you come to this forum. But, thanks to the detailed critiques here; I have made some very well informed purchases. I'm extremely happy with my Mustang saddle, Kuryakyn Ergo III highway pegs and fork brace. Items I may not have purchased without some encouragement. So beware and hold tight on your wallet as you read this thread.

fl1madmax
01-18-2016, 12:46 PM
#1 Would have to be the 14" Dark Smoke Klock Werks Flip Windshield. It not only throws the wind up over my head creating nothing but "clean air" as advertised but it also presses the front end of the bike down onto the pavement like a spoiler does on the back of a race car. Modifications are hard to rate. Nine times out of ten you do not even know about most of these modifications until you come to this forum. But, thanks to the detailed critiques here; I have made some very well informed purchases. I'm extremely happy with my Mustang saddle, Kuryakyn Ergo III highway pegs and fork brace. Items I may not have purchased without some encouragement. So beware and hold tight on your wallet as you read this thread.

Tall Vented Shield
Revco Pegs ( Had to have them Black Power Coated )
Ultimate King seat ( WOW what a change )
V&H Pipes
Heli Bars ( for total Comfort )
Foam Grips, cause American don't have Skinny little Fingers and Hands !!!
just turning 15k miles and need Both Front and rear tires, thinking about going to THE DARK SIDE !!!!!!!
RIDE SAFE RIDE OFTEN !!!!!!:cheers:

Hdnvn
01-23-2016, 11:17 PM
With JimmieTees help, complete replacement of amp, speakers and the addition of a subwoofer.

Jimmytee
01-24-2016, 01:11 AM
With JimmieTees help, complete replacement of amp, speakers and the addition of a subwoofer.

How you liking it?

BuzzzPhotos
01-24-2016, 02:23 AM
1. Madstad
2. Mustang seat
3. Rivco pegs
4. Accessory charger to glovebox
5. Cup holder
6. Changed to personalized badging
7. Luggage bag liners & lighting
8. Forkbrace
9. Lighting change is just starting. Going all the way around with SoCal LED - just started & caught pneumonia... Almost well & can hardly wait to get back in the shop.
10. Michelin Alpin & new wheel for rear

seadog
01-24-2016, 06:39 AM
The bagger shield, the Day Long custom seat, more chrome on my matte silver deluxe.3688

DaWadd
01-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Madstad shield probably best followed closely by BrakeAway c.c. Helibars would be great but way too expensive for me so Rocky's risers are what I have.

Hdnvn
02-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Toss up
I put the aftermarket cruise on my '13, it's awesome. But...
I also tore the stock amp out replacing it with a 400 watter and installed a subwoofer. So I have the cruise on while feeling the tunes. The planets align ...

Texas TC
02-11-2016, 07:57 PM
1. F4 Custom Windshield
2. Mustang Seat
3. Torq Master King Snake exhaust

billsim
02-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Best mods are the ones that will help keep me safe....

LED flashback rear turn signals
LED license plate light
LED flasher module
Muth LED mirrors
SoCal front turn signals with clear lenses and flashback LED

Non safety......

Power port in left front cubby
OEM passenger backrest
OEM center-stand
Saddlebag carpets
Bluetooth adapter in left rear saddlebag
OEM heated grips
Cee Bailey 13" vented (clear) windshield
Heated gloves for cold rides

GaTeach
02-11-2016, 09:09 PM
How you liking it?
I'm gonna start saving my pennies. :)

Jimmytee
02-11-2016, 09:17 PM

:yes:

shooter
02-11-2016, 11:09 PM

Teach , a gallon of yellow paint don't cost that much. I'm sorry for that. I just couldn't resist.:spank:

Bob Penn
02-12-2016, 07:52 AM
The best addition I made to my bike has been the approx. 300 gallons of gas so far! This year I hope to add another 900 gallons. But what the heck it's the only option that has come down in price and gives me the most pleasure!!
PS; I have added about $3000.00 worth of other things but they don't compare!!

shortleg0521
02-12-2016, 06:06 PM
I have to say windshield and a true cruise control.
After that it,s the highway pegs and risers.
Now if I can just get this paint thing done.
shortleg

VStarRider
02-12-2016, 07:16 PM
My only addition:

Comfort...
1.) Madstad 13" dark gray windshield. It took a leap of faith on those folks on this site to go with it, since the looks didn't appeal to me...but...most here endorsed it, and I am glad I went with it. Just as advertised. In fact, I have grown to appreciate the looks of it. Their website does little justice in regards to the pics they provide.

This windshield offers so many wind flow options; and its great in the cool weather in its highest position.

An addition, but not to the bike:

Safety/comfort...

2.) Schuberth C3 helmet. Got it on sale on RevZilla. Top-notch quality and very quiet. That helmet, along with the windshield and stereo, makes me feel like I am driving a very fast, very smooth Civic.

Soon to come:

3.) Wind deflectors for feet.
4.) Fog lights.
5.) Remote release for saddlebags (key fob)
6.) handlebar risers
7.) Center stand

Hdnvn
02-12-2016, 08:57 PM
How you liking it?

It
Is
Awesome. I love it. Thanks Jimmie