PDA

View Full Version : Only Seen Two F6B Motorcycles On My Sturgis Trip.....So Sad

IamBatmanF6B
08-16-2013, 11:51 PM
So I went to Sturgis with three other couples on Harleys and I was on the F6B with the wife. We rode around 3,400 miles total on the trip and I only seen two F6B motorcycles on the trip. One was red and the other a purple F6B which was triked out. How sad is that?! I talked to my Honda dealer that I bought mine at and asked how sales were going on the F6B and he said the write-ups and reviews are great but sales are disappointing to Honda but sales all across the board on motorcycles. I hope that this thing really takes off because it is a wonderful motorcycle that performs great!

chipmaker
08-17-2013, 04:32 AM
I really don't care if they make another one. 1 year edition would be cool... With only 2 real colors, seeing a bunch on the road would be a drag...

F6B-RICH
08-17-2013, 05:28 AM
I really don't care if they make another one. 1 year edition would be cool... With only 2 real colors, seeing a bunch on the road would be a drag...

:agree: the less I see on the road the better :icon_biggrin:

yellow rex
08-17-2013, 07:04 AM
The fewer F6B the higher the resale, and you see maybe 3 Harleys at the Wing Ding.

Paul B Blues
08-17-2013, 07:29 AM
We only have 35ish F6B's in the UK, so it will be unusual to see another one for a while anyway. It was the same with my Rune, only ever saw another one in Scotland.

Paul B........:icon_cool:

Retired Army
08-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Now for the burning question, could the word about the wonderful paint be a factor in F6B sales? Most of the bike was all ready in production so if Honda didn't have much retooling to do the investment verses profit should be in their favor. A decision to stop production should be in our favor.

Scotrod
08-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Not sure the paint thing would be a show-stopper. Most walking into a showroom would never know about it.

IMHO, it's about the "perception" of what a bagger should be.

The flat six is not as popular as a v-twin for a 'bagger'. Never will be.

The 'flat six straddle' is a big factor, as well as the sound.

If one is determined 'It has to be a V-twin', the F6 isn't even a contestant.

I don't believe anyone thought the F6B would be 'a revolution' of any sort. It somewhat filled a hole in the Honda line-up (Cruiser/bagger over 1300cc) with very little investment on their part. I believe the capability to produce F6B's was a part of the 2nd generation Wing design.

It was an 'easy' way to let Honda offer 'less than a Wing' but more than the current 1300 cc 'chopper-ish' light tourer (bagger) bikes, the VT's.

IMHO, a little bit of Honda died when they killed the VTX 'style' in favor of the VT's, deciding the chopper look was 'in'. Worse yet that a 1300 cc twin was 'big enough' for that type of buyer. (That decision alone made me switch to Yami) In reality, I guess it wouldn't matter to me as I wouldn't buy a VT even if it did come with an 1800 twin.

I wouldn't have put money down on a F6B if the seating position was the same as a Wing either.

I'll even go out on a limb and say the days of the F6 engine in any Honda bike are limited,,, :shock: A 1600 cc (or less) V4-4 valver with variable cam timing (and auto transmission) is 'likely' (where's the smiley for 'heart attack'?)

We still need to remember 'American light/heavy touring' is a very small fraction of Honda's overall MC production. We are just a faint blip on their radar,,, Can't say that 'blip' is getting any stronger, either,,,:icon_frown:

db24
08-17-2013, 03:12 PM
I suspect there aren't more than a few thousand units total, and that price and the fact that it is a new model in its first year are the controlling factors. I've owned several HDs (tour glide last, it wasn't bad) but I have to say that I like the F6B more. Has Honda actually released any sales figures?

1951vbs
08-17-2013, 07:07 PM
I saw no F6B's on my 4600 mile round trip to and around Sturgis either. It doesn't suprise me though. If you factor in that the F6B is a first year model with a niche market segment and limited sales there are just not that many out there yet. Also, although very capable, it may be more of an around town bike for many.

Trike lady
08-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Haven't seen any in Butler, PA.
Plenty of 1800's, some 1500s and some older Classic Wings.
The purple F6B trike sounds interesting.

unsub
08-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Now for the burning question, could the word about the wonderful paint be a factor in F6B sales?.

So far it's only been a reported issue for a handful out of a few thousand, so unlikely.

Wingman
08-18-2013, 08:01 AM
As much as I like this motorcycle, I just can’t shake that “Flash in the Pan” feeling I get from it. Honda has done it before with the Rune, I think they are trying to fill a hole that isn’t there. Our bikes will always be a supported platform as long as the Goldwing is around so I’m not to worried about it, I’ll just be unique...