PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Harley Davidson CVO Street Glide

BEIST
01-14-2016, 03:22 AM
My younger brother has drank the KoolAid (a whole lot of it) and just purchased a new 2016 Harley Davidson Custom Vehicle Operation's Street Glide.

All I got was a T-shirt

jkelley
01-14-2016, 06:19 AM
My younger brother has drank the KoolAid (a whole lot of it) and just purchased a new 2016 Harley Davidson Custom Vehicle Operation's Street Glide.

All I got was a T-shirt

Great bike, now all he needs is about 5K to make it run like it should......
I do miss my CVO Road Glide for comfort but that's about it.

JackB
01-14-2016, 08:22 AM
That is a beautiful looking bike

Yeahoo Whoyah
01-14-2016, 08:29 AM
Very nice, and very expensive. That reminds me, I need to check my lotto numbers.

Phantom
01-14-2016, 08:37 AM

All I got was a T-shirt

Did he even look at the size of the Service department behind him?
That is a huge service area and a hint :duck:

Nice looking Bike, 1966 technology at 2016 prices :icon_biggrin:

willtill
01-14-2016, 08:46 AM
Last year I contemplated a Street Glide or Road Glide. It was either one of those models or the F6B.

Never owned a Harley before. I really did a close; hard look and research of them. Was frightening what I learned about them. :shhh:

Bought the F6B instead.

I do wish your brother many happy, trouble free miles though. Maybe he got lucky. :icon_wink:

carpdm
01-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Beautiful bike! It will surely bring him many miles with smiles. Enjoy the ride...

opas ride
01-14-2016, 10:11 AM
They are nice bikes but Way...too expensive for what you get!!....To each his own as they say......

Willl
01-14-2016, 10:15 AM
That is a real head turner, hope he has many trouble free miles :icon_cool:

shooter
01-14-2016, 10:50 AM

All I got was a T-shirt

You might have got the best part of the deal.

edgeman55
01-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Tell your brother congrates on a new ride.I really like the color scheme must look even better in person.

rdeady
01-14-2016, 03:42 PM
Sweet bike, he is going to love riding that!

mtcgun
01-14-2016, 09:38 PM

gandydancer
01-14-2016, 10:43 PM
Good looking bike---he will enjoy it---have had many HD`s but just like the power of the Honda 6 and hey--lot easier to change oil and such on the f6b---

stroguy
01-14-2016, 11:04 PM
It's beautiful right up to the saddle bags or boxes or cartons. Are those plastic? Or are they fiberglass? They really don't fit the style line of the bike. Just look like milk containers. Love the colors though, nice flames.

Yeahoo Whoyah
01-15-2016, 01:13 AM

The newer touring H-D's sure are heavier than the older models.

SimonTemplar
01-15-2016, 02:15 AM
Last year I contemplated a Street Glide or Road Glide. It was either one of those models or the F6B.

Never owned a Harley before. I really did a close; hard look and research of them. Was frightening what I learned about them. :shhh:

Bought the F6B instead.

Just about a year ago today, I started jonesing BAD for either a RoadGlide or an Ultra Classic. I'd owned just about everything but a Harley. Spent all last year afterwards doing the same as you...deep shopping and research. I knew that up-to-date technology was not and never would be HD's wheelhouse....but still. When I saw just where they still were...and seemed to want to stay forever....AND realizing that they still wanted to charge 30k+ for it. (Not to mention that my permanently injured back cannot take the cruiser riding posture)

While I won't say that no bike is worth over 30k, I WILL say that no Harley is worth 30k+...to me. Obviously, to others they are worth a lot more than that....and I don't argue that.

Quite happy with my '15 Deluxe. While I may regret my dealer choice.....I'll never regret the bike.

Beist...all of the above is just my own personal preference. As the man said.....'It's not what you ride, only that you DO ride'. I do hope your brother has many good years with his new 'Glide. Perhaps you can coerce or cajole him into joining us all on some rides?

....sT

lloydmoore1
01-15-2016, 08:51 AM
nice color for sure...now the problem is the brother rivalvy... cause you know how that goes..lots of him trying to show you who is faster...enjoy the rides together.Ride Safe

Fla_rider
01-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Great bike, now all he needs is about 5K to make it run like it should......
I do miss my CVO Road Glide for comfort but that's about it.

All he needs is 5k in the saddle to realize he should've bought the F6. :banghead::crackup:

shooter
01-15-2016, 09:00 AM
nice color for sure...now the problem is the brother rivalvy... cause you know how that goes..lots of him trying to show you who is faster...enjoy the rides together.Ride Safe

If BEIST can ride that's gonna be a one time thing.

Bob Penn
01-15-2016, 10:11 AM
There is no doubt that HD is a beautiful classic looking bike..
The problems are one the initial cost and two the basic maintenance cost. My experience and those of my friends proved to me at least that before you hit 30k miles it will be in the shop for repairs costing well into a thousand plus $$.
The HD will hold it's value better providing you don't put many miles on it but then your back to looks over riding.
So if you want a looker the HD is a great bike but if you want to "ride" care free miles the F6 is the better choice. The looks are a bit more modern and the performance is unmatched.

stevenolts
01-15-2016, 10:39 AM
I was just looking through my pictures and came across some pictures of my 2010 Fatboy. (man I loved that bike when I had it) I wanted to get another one when I saw the pictures. It was so beautiful and fun to ride.

I even started looking this morning on google at pictures of Fatboys.

I would someday like to get another 2010 Fatboy just like the one I had to keep at my condo in Florida for when I retire. I have been dreaming about getting some bike to restore / tinker with when I retire to keep me busy. I always thought it would be something like a Honda CBX but I am now leaning back to the 2010 Fatboy.

I don't think I would never have a Harley as my main bike again. It will be the F6B forever at this point because it is far superior in every category accept nostalgia. But I would like to have the 2010 HD Fatboy sitting next to it in the garage because it is still my 2nd love.
Steve

Willl
01-15-2016, 10:57 AM
$34,000 MSRP :yikes:

That is more than twice the price some members paid for their F6, chrome is expensive :shock:

opas ride
01-15-2016, 11:21 AM
I still maintain that HD bikes are nothing more an "ego" related experience that says look at me on my 1960's technology bike...Shine it up and ride a few miles to show off the chrome, hangout at the local dealer and share maintenance stories, and how much one spends on aftermarket expensive HD accessories!!!...JMHO

wjduke
01-15-2016, 11:25 AM

That is more than twice the price some members paid for their F6, chrome is expensive :shock:

And that's before " making it your own ".

shooter
01-15-2016, 11:41 AM

So what's your point Will??

Willl
01-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Sorry for the weak post :shhh:

2 for the price of 1

Not enough chrome for $

shooter
01-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Just messin with ya man.

stroguy
01-15-2016, 01:38 PM
He's chromosexual.

shooter
01-15-2016, 01:41 PM
For once make a useful comment. After they saw that video of you at our family reunion you lost all respect. You gotta tighten up Stro. I'm tired of covering for you. Blood only goes so far.

stroguy
01-15-2016, 02:09 PM
The mental abuse I received in my early years is the cause. You know my dad never took me fishing and mom, well mom thought halter tops were unisex. That Christmas, you know the one sent me over the edge. But I'm getting better. But, I have those slips. Please don't tell dad.

shooter
01-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Its OK buddy. Don't remind me about that halter top. Its too painful.

BEIST
01-17-2016, 02:28 AM
I did everything I could to sway my younger brother away from the Dark Side. I made him ride my new F6B a dozen times since I bought it this September. Got it at Glen Bernie Powersports right outside Baltimore. 2013 model, still in the crate, for $13,999 = $15,000 out the door with destination, assembly, document fees and the flat black Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust installed. I still own my pride and joy - a 1979 GL1000 with 158,000 miles on it that runs as well today as it did 35 years ago. Having ridden a Honda since I was sixteen (1972 Gold CB350) I have taken nothing but insults and grief from Harley guys all my life. At one point I was even begging my brother to buy an Indian Chieftain or Roadmaster. But he decided he wanted to be part of "The Club" when his 1996 1100 Shadow Custom wouldn't start after I rode up to visit on New Years (I have already logged 6,000 miles since September 15th). Anyways, he bought the bike that he thought would bring him the most enjoyment. The MSRP was $36,799 and they didn't offer him much except for the fabled T-Shirt. He even had to pay to add heated grips and highway pegs. I hate to sound like an ass - but I have no desire to ever ride his new bike - if offered the chance to swap with him - I would keep my F6B without any hesitation = or = hop right on my tried and true steed, Goldy, my '79 Classic. Thank you all for the positive feedback. I will keep you all posted. Needless to say, I will make a public announcement the first time I have to "give him a ride.":icon_lol:

yellow rex
01-17-2016, 08:22 AM
I like that dog.

shooter
01-17-2016, 11:34 AM
I did everything I could to sway my younger brother away from the Dark Side. I made him ride my new F6B a dozen times since I bought it this September. Got it at Glen Bernie Powersports right outside Baltimore. 2013 model, still in the crate, for $13,999 = $15,000 out the door with destination, assembly, document fees and the flat black Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust installed. I still own my pride and joy - a 1979 GL1000 with 158,000 miles on it that runs as well today as it did 35 years ago. Having ridden a Honda since I was sixteen (1972 Gold CB350) I have taken nothing but insults and grief from Harley guys all my life. At one point I was even begging my brother to buy an Indian Chieftain or Roadmaster. But he decided he wanted to be part of "The Club" when his 1996 1100 Shadow Custom wouldn't start after I rode up to visit on New Years (I have already logged 6,000 miles since September 15th). Anyways, he bought the bike that he thought would bring him the most enjoyment. The MSRP was $36,799 and they didn't offer him much except for the fabled T-Shirt. He even had to pay to add heated grips and highway pegs. I hate to sound like an ass - but I have no desire to ever ride his new bike - if offered the chance to swap with him - I would keep my F6B without any hesitation = or = hop right on my tried and true steed, Goldy, my '79 Classic. Thank you all for the positive feedback. I will keep you all posted. Needless to say, I will make a public announcement the first time I have to "give him a ride.":icon_lol:

Beist just enjoy riding with your brother. I don't like Harleys either. I have two great brother in laws that ride Ultra Classics. They give me a hard time about my Honda. Two things , when we ride together they always ask me to lead and they never pull alongside and crack the throttle. They know who the Big Dog is. It's great that you can ride with your brother. One day he will question his purchase. Day in and day out he can watch that Honda perform flawlessly. Good riding brother.

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Beautiful bike

I have both Honda's and Harley's, so I can't be accused of being a Honda arsehole (they are more common than you think) or a Harley arsehole. Guess I'm just an arsehole.
But I'm good with that...:icon_mrgreen:

Hdnvn
02-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Hey make sure to remind him to get roadside assistance. Just sayin

Bob Penn
02-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Just be polite when you give him the inevitable "I told you so" when he gets that first Thousand + dollar repair/ maintenance bill.
I so hate it when brothers come to blows.

Retired Army
02-12-2016, 09:29 AM
The cost of mystique has kept up with inflation.

SoCal Rich
02-13-2016, 08:10 PM
If he does offer to trade with you, you should of course accept. Then sell it, buy another F6B, and invest the $20,000 profit!

VStarRider
02-17-2016, 04:29 PM

I read this article while doing my research prior to my F6B purchase in October. I was shocked that an air-cooled twin could produce performance numbers like that.