PDA

View Full Version : New Member - 2014 Wing owner

Monk
01-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Just joined this forum and wanted to say hello!

I have lived in Arkansas my entire life. And I spend most of my spare time riding in the Ozarks! Since I retired that has turned into a full time job! :icon_lol:

I would like to contribute by providing knowledge of the good twisty roads available here in the mountains of Arkansas.

If you are in the area and want someone to ride with, or need some local knowledge about our good roads. Let me know, I will help in whatever way I can.

Ride Safe!!

wjduke
01-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Well, there's this little rally going down this September in Russellville....

shooter
01-15-2016, 03:50 PM
Monk I don't know where you live from Russellville but a few of us are coming your way in September. We don't do that for all new members but we want to make you feel welcome.

shooter
01-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Oh dude , you're just down the road. You could throw a BBQ.

stroguy
01-15-2016, 04:05 PM
Oh dude , you're just down the road. You could throw a BBQ.

Wonderful idea. A grille, an outhouse and 70 new friends. I'll be there early.

Welcome Wing rider. See ya in September.

Phantom
01-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Just joined this forum and wanted to say hello!

I have lived in Arkansas my entire life. And I spend most of my spare time riding in the Ozarks! Since I retired that has turned into a full time job! :icon_lol:

I would like to contribute by providing knowledge of the good twisty roads available here in the mountains of Arkansas.

If you are in the area and want someone to ride with, or need some local knowledge about our good roads. Let me know, I will help in whatever way I can.

Ride Safe!!

.welcome20.

I will be taking you up on your offer. I'm coordinating our routes for the Rally and your local knowledge will be greatly appreciated

:icon_cool::yes:

Monk
01-15-2016, 04:25 PM
.welcome20.

I will be taking you up on your offer. I'm coordinating our routes for the Rally and your local knowledge will be greatly appreciated

:icon_cool::yes:

Sure thing, I will be glad to help!! :biggthumpup:

And wow, this sounds like a hungry bunch ... but no need to fix any BBQ when there is a real good place in Ozark, Arkansas!! There are others but none as close to the Pig Trail!! :yes:

shooter
01-15-2016, 04:39 PM
That's what we like Monk. An experienced local eating expert. OK in exchange for good info we are gonna let you out of the BBQ this time. Sorry Stro. He's just too nice of a guy.

Phantom
01-15-2016, 04:41 PM
Sure thing, I will be glad to help!! :biggthumpup:

And wow, this sounds like a hungry bunch ... but no need to fix any BBQ when there is a real good place in Ozark, Arkansas!! There are others but none as close to the Pig Trail!! :yes:

Are you referring to the …. Rivertowne BBQ Restaurant? I have been considering it for our Tuesday Evening Dinner spot. If guys are not too tired to make the jaunt, It's only 45 minutes away. Versus just getting a quick bite near the Hotel.

Monk
01-15-2016, 04:43 PM
Are you referring to the …. Rivertowne BBQ Restaurant? I have been considering it for our Tuesday Evening Dinner spot. If guys are not too tired to make the jaunt, It's only 45 minutes away. Versus just getting a quick bite near the Hotel.

Yes Sir!!! That would be the one! :yes:

shooter
01-15-2016, 04:48 PM
Me and Duke will be ready Tony. We're getting in Sunday so we can rest up. Duke's old. Plus he's riding 1400+ miles in three days. Me , I'm only riding 400 but I like to rest up.

Monk
01-15-2016, 04:50 PM
That's what we like Monk. An experienced local eating expert. OK in exchange for good info we are gonna let you out of the BBQ this time. Sorry Stro. He's just too nice of a guy.

Thank you ... I appreciate it!!!

Since you let me off the hook here is a offer. And since you are arriving early ... we could go on a tour of a couple of the best twisty roads in the state? But I have to worn you ...be sure you will be ready to lean left, lean right, lean .... and continue all day long!! :icon_lol:

Got to work up a good appetite ... although I don't think that will be necessary in your case. :icon_rolleyes:

shooter
01-15-2016, 04:51 PM
On their home page Tony they show a bunch of bikes in front of the establishment. Must be biker friendly.

stroguy
01-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Crap, I wanted to see his outhouse. Guess BBQ in a reserved setting will do. Guess I am going to leave at dawn Tuesday to get the grub.

wjduke
01-15-2016, 04:56 PM
I can see that this is gonna be a ridin and eatin trip....just what I like the most.

shooter
01-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Thank you ... I appreciate it!!!

Since you let me off the hook here is a offer. And since you are arriving early ... we could go on a tour of a couple of the best twisty roads in the state? But I have to worn you ...be sure you will be ready to lean left, lean right, lean .... and continue all day long!! :icon_lol:

Monk I appreciate the offer but I rode hwy 7 from Harrison to Russellville twice in October and I've been thru Beaver on the way from Branson to Eureka Springs 4 times. I'll be on7 again in June as we will be inBranson for five days with family. Four of us and our wives , two brother in laws and a nephew , will be on a riding vacation.

Big Cat
01-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Welcome aboard, Bobby, glad to have your knowledge on this forum.

Monk knows these Arkansas roads like the back of his hand, and he is an excellent ride leader and pretty good guy to boot...he also knows every decent place to eat!

Monk
01-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard, Bobby, glad to have your knowledge on this forum.

Monk knows these Arkansas roads like the back of his hand, and he is an excellent ride leader and pretty good guy to boot...he also knows every decent place to eat!

Thank you Jim ... look foreward to riding with you again!!

I would like everyone to know that I do have something of an agenda! I am a twisty road guy ... nothing like a good twisty road to stimulate the heart and soul!! So often, I meet people who have or who are riding the Ozarks. They describe where they've been and where they are going and most of the time their rides do not include the really good stuff.

That is not to say, they are not having a good time. But there is so much more! I would like the opportunity to share as many of them as possible in the time available. That can be in the form of riding with you or it can be some type of programmed route from Google. It doesn't matter.

e.g., I met a guy from Texas last Spring at the rest area on Highway 7. We decided to cut a diagonal to the northeast to Push Mountain. After we finished, he told me, "I had no idea there were roads like that in Arkanas" :yes: So, that is it ... my agenda ... to share as many as possible and hopefully you return home with a big smile and good memories!!

shooter
01-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Stro I talked to Monk and he sent me a picture of his outhouse. According to close friends and neighbors one of the finest outhouses in the county and I quote. Thanks Monk18401

Monk
01-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Stro I talked to Monk and he sent me a picture of his outhouse. According to close friends and neighbors one of the finest outhouses in the county and I quote. Thanks Monk18401

Really ... for the most part, those things went the way of the Sears Catalog! :icon_cool:

But I do remember my first use of indoor facilities. No more worries about snakes and such!! :icon_lol:

Arkf6bRider
01-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Always good to see a new member on the forum from Arkansas. I live just N of Benton. Maybe we get togather for some of those twisties up your way.

Monk
01-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Always good to see a new member on the forum from Arkansas. I live just N of Benton. Maybe we get togather for some of those twisties up your way.

Sure, always looking for someone to share the road with!!

shooter
01-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Really ... for the most part, those things went the way of the Sears Catalog! :icon_cool:

But I do remember my first use of indoor facilities. No more worries about snakes and such!! :icon_lol:

Monk , losing the catalog may have led to the demise of the outhouse. Kinda like that chicken and the egg thing.

Darren
01-17-2016, 05:09 PM
Welcome, have fun