PDA

View Full Version : Added removable trunk, LED lights

Cool Hand Luke
01-16-2016, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I made a post, although I read the forum often.

Anyway, I added a new removable trunk. I did this because my mom will be riding with me this spring and I want her to be comfortable. It mounts to the luggage rack with 4 bolts, which are also used to mount a rack. It takes a minute to remove or install.

The trunk is an actual Honda trunk, looks made by Givi though. It has Honda logo on it. I think it was intended for VFR 800. It has 46 Liter capacity. I bought it from a Honda dealer as new but on clearance. Honda sells them for $399, I got it for $175. I had to get the top half painted black, originally was red.

I still need to get a backrest for it. The one it comes with is too small and thin, I am looking to get a better one, probably from Ebay. I already found a seller who can make me one based on dimensions I give them.

Also, I made the red reflectors look tinted. There was a bright white plastic behind them making the red reflectors bright. I simply removed the white plastic.

Trunk is a nice quality and is lockable, got two keys with it.

Also, you can notice extra LED lights right below trunk. These are from Admorelighting.com. Canadian made and very bright with 3 rows of leds, about 80 of them. The lights function as red running and brake lights as well as amber turning lights. The brake light flashes 3 times then goes steady, and the turn signals flash sequencially when activated. They are awesome and really change the looks of the rear of the bike. Also, the lenses are tinted when not on (they sell clear lenses too). They are easy to install right under the luggage rack. BTW, the lugagge rack I bought from Ebay for $100. It is metal, black powder coated and very strong. I like it because it is wide and flat as I intended to mount a trunk on it. It works perfectly. It is barely noticable under the trunk. I intend to leave the luggage rack and led light on permanently, even if I remove the trunk.

Let me know if you have any questions, I tried to explain it the best I can.

Dave Ritsema
01-17-2016, 09:19 AM
Nice work, very resourceful use of Honda parts and looks good!

P.S. Is that your mom on your bike in your profile picture? :yikes::icon_lol:

veteran69
01-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Very nice.

Question: what is on the sides your gas tank cover? I've been looking for something like this.

DaWadd
01-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Nice, I like the red pinstriping detail on the bike.:yes:

shooter
01-17-2016, 11:39 AM
Same here. Very tasteful. Nice looking Bike.

Monk
01-17-2016, 12:18 PM
Very nice.

Question: what is on the sides your gas tank cover? I've been looking for something like this.

:icon_ditto:

Cool Hand Luke
01-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Nice work, very resourceful use of Honda parts and looks good!

P.S. Is that your mom on your bike in your profile picture? :yikes::icon_lol:

She is the best accessory I ever put on the bike! My wife. Since you guys are highly unlikely to ever see my wife in person (she does not really ride with me, not her thing), I am attaching a couple of her recent pictures. You older guys better check your blood pressure meds first... ;-)

Cool Hand Luke
01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Very nice.

Those are carbon fiber knee pads made by Honda for their sport bikes. They are glossy and have a deep almost 3D look to them. It is also printed in white 'Honda Racing', which I like. They fit perfect on F6B!

Here is the close up:

Dave Ritsema
01-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Beautiful bike and a beautiful wife, your a blessed man indeed!

opas ride
01-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Your wife kind of reminds me of what my wife looked like 50 years ago....Time and 5 children have taken its toll, but I love her dearly and have never had any desire for another after almost 50 years of marriage this March...Love her more today than ever as I am sure you love yours.....Hope your able to remain together for a long time.....Treat her right my friend....Ride safe

Cool Hand Luke
01-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Your wife kind of reminds me of what my wife looked like 50 years ago....Time and 5 children have taken its toll, but I love her dearly and have never had any desire for another after almost 50 years of marriage this March...Love her more today than ever as I am sure you love yours.....Hope your able to remain together for a long time.....Treat her right my friend....Ride safe

Great comments!

We have been together 22 years. Have two kids ages 10 and 8. She has been working out at least 3 times a week for 8-9 years. She is awesome person. We met while at Rutgers, NJ and have been together ever since.

I hope we get to 50 years together , too!

Cool Hand Luke
01-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Beautiful bike and a beautiful wife, your a blessed man indeed!

Thank you, life has it's moments.