PDA

View Full Version : New Member + new 2015 matte silver

Jim-oz
01-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Hi all, just joined and thought i would say hello and introduce myself.i Live in NSW Australia, although originally from the UK. I am 59 and a veteran of both the British and Australian armies. A particular hi to fellow veterans on this site. I realize that this a mainly North American site and so despite having worked with and alongside your military over the years i have decided to like you anyway and join-joking boys, honestly.

I have ridden all my life, mostly Japanese sports and sports/Tourers until about a year ago when i went to a Honda CTX1300 and although i thought this bike was the most suited to me for my time of life the jerky throttle, cheap plastics and harsh suspension eventually wore me down and i sold her. A few days ago i ordered a new B, should be here next week, i am confident that this is the bike for me after reading everything on this site [very helpful and informative] and reading all the reviews i can. However i have some questions if i can!

Matte paint- i have read some posts on here that say the paint is easy to maintain, a wash and dry is all that's needed however, some say they use matte sealants and so forth, having looked at the net it seems only the sellers of these fairly expensive products seem to say we need them, i can find nothing from Honda on the issue, in fact BMW seem to indicate to use nothing at all, just keep clean- any thoughts?

Electronic remote rear suspension- is whats written on the Honda Australia site- anyone know where the control is on the bike.

I have more questions but ill ask along the way, looking forward to a long and happy relationship with you all.

Thanks Jim

3Chief
01-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Welcome!

shooter
01-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Jim we're having a rally in Arkansas in September. I know its a bit of a ride but brother we would be glad to have you. Welcome aboard.

stroguy
01-21-2016, 05:20 PM
That would be a trek. But we just saw the floatiecyclethingy.

Welcome aboard mate.

Phantom
01-21-2016, 06:28 PM

Welcome aboard mate.

To save some time trekking across the pacific, here is a faster one ….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmnuyoXVflY

Jimmytee
01-21-2016, 07:23 PM
Welcome Mate :039: From one of those US Veterans. We had some Brits attached to my unit during Desert Storm.

willtill
01-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Hi all, just joined and thought i would say hello and introduce myself.i Live in NSW Australia, although originally from the UK. I am 59 and a veteran of both the British and Australian armies. A particular hi to fellow veterans on this site. I realize that this a mainly North American site and so despite having worked with and alongside your military over the years i have decided to like you anyway and join-joking boys, honestly.

You're going to fit right in then bud :icon_wink:

Matte paint- i have read some posts on here that say the paint is easy to maintain, a wash and dry is all that's needed however, some say they use matte sealants and so forth, having looked at the net it seems only the sellers of these fairly expensive products seem to say we need them, i can find nothing from Honda on the issue, in fact BMW seem to indicate to use nothing at all, just keep clean- any thoughts?

Many of us use this product:

https://www.duckyproducts.com/mattefinish.html

Welcome to the forum. :039: Watch out for those drop bears down under.... :icon_lol:

Fla_rider
01-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the board Jim. There are a couple of Auzzies on the board maybe you can hook up with them. We await you first picture of your new 6. Anyone who fights along side of us has to be alright.:yes:

shooter
01-21-2016, 08:12 PM

Welcome aboard mate.

Yeah that floatiecyclethingy is pretty cool. If I lived on a lake I might have one of those. You know the scenario. Good seafood restaurant on the other side. 15 miles around the road. 1.5 miles straight across. Stro you should buy me and the Aussie a couple of those.

Jim-oz
01-21-2016, 09:05 PM
Thanks boys, feel welcome already. Arkansas.I'll try to make it, love your state names in the US. bit plain here- WA.NSW- etc

Yep, as soon as i get her I'll post her picture, got to show her off as i had to fight the woman i love [and the wife] to spend that much money on her [the bike, not the wife]

Thanks for the welcomes and help, much appreciated

gandydancer
01-21-2016, 09:22 PM
HOWDY FROM TEXAS!!!!!! greatest country on God`s green earth:icon_biggrin::icon_lol:

Brasco
01-21-2016, 10:10 PM
Greetings to the site from another member of the Commonwealth! There's a smattering of us on this board. Great people, great advice and great fun. Enjoy the new ride when you get your hands on it!

stroguy
01-21-2016, 10:57 PM
I'd get you one Bry, but you would never let me ride.

Paul B Blues
01-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the board. The are just a few of us from the UK. I take it you were in the Paras! I served 12 years in the Royal Armoured Corps. This is a great place to hang out, and everyone has a good laugh...mostly.

18482 18483

Hornblower
01-22-2016, 11:38 AM
.welcome20., Jim, from NC :039:

Jim-oz
01-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Sorry boys if i don't answer directly to everyone but I'll give it a go!

That jet/ busa is a beast

Good to hear from fellow vets from wherever you are, yes mate ex-2 para [AIRBORNE for my American friends], is that a MBT?

Stay warm this weekend America and Canada. you've got some nasty weather afoot, it seems

Thanks again for the tips everyone.

Been waiting for my bike for 2 weeks now, getting impatient!

Paul B Blues
01-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Sorry boys if i don't answer directly to everyone but I'll give it a go!

That jet/ busa is a beast

Good to hear from fellow vets from wherever you are, yes mate ex-2 para [AIRBORNE for my American friends], is that a MBT?

Stay warm this weekend America and Canada. you've got some nasty weather afoot, it seems

Thanks again for the tips everyone.

Been waiting for my bike for 2 weeks now, getting impatient!

Hi Jim,

I understand how waiting for your new bike is a killer, I had to wait almost a year for my Trike conversation to be finished! Yip that's my Challenger 1 in action during Op Granby "Desert Storm" for my American friends. Our paths probably crossed either in Northern Ireland or in Germany. Two tours in NI 83/84 & in 1990, maybe in Ballykinler?

All the very best mate.

okiedoc
01-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase of the fairest of the F6B's. I understand your impatience, I had to wait a while on mine as well. I am impatiently waiting on the 50 and 60 degree weather that is coming next weekend. For the matte silver I use a kit I found on the internet called Doc Beasley's. It is pricey, but it makes the paint look showroom new.

Jim-oz
01-24-2016, 01:13 AM
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase of the fairest of the F6B's. I understand your impatience, I had to wait a while on mine as well. I am impatiently waiting on the 50 and 60 degree weather that is coming next weekend. For the matte silver I use a kit I found on the internet called Doc Beasley's. It is pricey, but it makes the paint look showroom new.

Hi Jim,

I understand how waiting for your new bike is a killer, I had to wait almost a year for my Trike conversation to be finished! Yip that's my Challenger 1 in action during Op Granby "Desert Storm" for my American friends. Our paths probably crossed either in Northern Ireland or in Germany. Two tours in NI 83/84 & in 1990, maybe in Ballykinler?

All the very best mate.

Thanks for the info okiedoc. yep seen and read about it and taken it on board i will probably go that route although Mercedes says no sealants on matte paint- very confusing, car companies say no, sellers say need to!. Waiting is a pain in the proverbial!

Paul, yes NI-XMG,74- NEW LODGE, 75. Apart from an exercise with 1 PARA for a couple of months out of Berlin no posting in Germany. So you converted to a trike, Ive seen a couple here in aus and heard about some on this site, i image F6B.S would be a rare sight in the UK let alone a trike version, not great riding weather in Scotland at the moment but worse for our American and Canadian friends right now, Enjoying the bike, any problems?

Great shot from the desert mate.

Cheers Mate

Paul B Blues
01-25-2016, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info okiedoc. yep seen and read about it and taken it on board i will probably go that route although Mercedes says no sealants on matte paint- very confusing, car companies say no, sellers say need to!. Waiting is a pain in the proverbial!

Paul, yes NI-XMG,74- NEW LODGE, 75. Apart from an exercise with 1 PARA for a couple of months out of Berlin no posting in Germany. So you converted to a trike, Ive seen a couple here in aus and heard about some on this site, i image F6B.S would be a rare sight in the UK let alone a trike version, not great riding weather in Scotland at the moment but worse for our American and Canadian friends right now, Enjoying the bike, any problems?

Great shot from the desert mate.

Cheers Mate

Thanks Jim,

Proud to serve my country, at home and abroad :icon_wink: I had to have my B converted as I'm a Disabled Rider. I had a bike accident in 2001 which left me paralysed from the chest down. After 4 years in the chair I decided to get back on the road. I had a Rune, and now a gorgeous F6B...

All the best mate.

Jim-oz
01-25-2016, 04:44 PM
As am i, getting back on a bike, that's courage mate. Good luck to you.