PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Cobra 6-2-6 pipes - Great Price ??

F6B1911
01-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Stopped in at the Honda dealer today, walked through the Accessories dept....
Looks like a great buy if you're interested in a set of Cobra 6-2-6 pipes?
It was at Rosenau Powersports in Dearborn, MI.

Heavvyduty
01-22-2016, 10:39 AM
WoW I,d jump all over these
:yes:

F6B1911
01-22-2016, 10:45 AM
WoW I,d jump all over these
:yes:

I spent too much money blackening mine, no chrome on my F6B.

Willl
01-22-2016, 10:49 AM
:yikes: That's a great price, must be dealers cost

Nice spot F6B1911 :clap2:

opas ride
01-22-2016, 04:38 PM

That is one terrific deal if they are new and in good shape....I used to work at Rosenau back in the late 90's selling bikes....If I wanted another set I would jump all over them as I paid $850 for mine..."ouch"..in the fall of 2013....

Heavvyduty
01-22-2016, 04:51 PM

Hey want to thank you for posting this. I just brought them from Jeff at Rosenau. What a deal 410$ here to my door in Ohio, Brand New:clap2:

Heavvyduty
01-22-2016, 04:52 PM
I spent too much money blackening mine, no chrome on my F6B.

Do you have the 6-2-6 pipes on yours an hows the sound

F6B1911
01-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Do you have the 6-2-6 pipes on yours an hows the sound

I do not have 6-2-6 pipes, if they were black, I would have grabbed them myself.

BEIST
01-22-2016, 11:55 PM
I couldn't be happier with my Cobra Six-2-six pipes. Somebody will certainly enjoy this deal.

grdone1970
01-23-2016, 05:57 AM

Jump on them.I paid 700 for mine a few months back.

Heavvyduty
01-23-2016, 07:28 AM
Jump on them.I paid 700 for mine a few months back.

I DID I DID LOL.
How do you like the sound on yours, an do you have any rust issue,s

Heavvyduty
01-23-2016, 09:01 AM
I couldn't be happier with my Cobra Six-2-six pipes. Somebody will certainly enjoy this deal.

How much louder are they compared lets say at 60mph vs stock. I,m coming from a Harley back ground, I,m thinking these pipes cant be anywhere near the level of my old harleys. Dont want them to be ether, lol.

opas ride
01-23-2016, 11:29 AM
How much louder are they compared lets say at 60mph vs stock. I,m coming from a Harley back ground, I,m thinking these pipes cant be anywhere near the level of my old harleys. Dont want them to be ether, lol.

I have run mine for over 2 1/2 years now..Sound is fine for me even though they do "drone" a little at constant highway speeds. I change throttle speeds at times to change the sound and it works for me...Can't say how much louder they are than stock, but somewhat...If you want loud, take one or more baffles out and they will get "loud"....Some surface rust shows up inside the ends of the pipes, but can be removed with some steel wool and WD-40...I did drill a very small drain hole underneath the pipes where they clamp onto the stock set-up as a little rust was noticed..Moisture accumulates there and the holes let the water drip out when needed....You should be happy with them as I am with mine....Good luck...BTW, you got one "terrific deal"!!!

Heavvyduty
01-23-2016, 11:43 AM
I have run mine for over 2 1/2 years now..Sound is fine for me even though they do "drone" a little at constant highway speeds. I change throttle speeds at times to change the sound and it works for me...Can't say how much louder they are than stock, but somewhat...If you want loud, take one or more baffles out and they will get "loud"....Some surface rust shows up inside the ends of the pipes, but can be removed with some steel wool and WD-40...I did drill a very small drain hole underneath the pipes where they clamp onto the stock set-up as a little rust was noticed..Moisture accumulates there and the holes let the water drip out when needed....You should be happy with them as I am with mine....Good luck...BTW, you got one "terrific deal"!!!

Tks for the info. Not looking to make them louder done past them days, Just like the looks an maybe a little bit more throaty sound. This Drone everyone talks about. Is that just with a helmet on ? I for one dont where one here in OH.And would it be asking to much to post a pic of exactly were you drilled your holes. So i can do it before i install them ...tks

opas ride
01-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Tks for the info. Not looking to make them louder done past them days, Just like the looks an maybe a little bit more throaty sound. This Drone everyone talks about. Is that just with a helmet on ? I for one dont where one here in OH.And would it be asking to much to post a pic of exactly were you drilled your holes. So i can do it before i install them ...tks

Being an "old timer", at 76 I don't know how to post pictures on Web..If I can get ahold of my eldest Son soon I'll ask him to do it...But, in the event I can't, the hole is about a "3/16 or 5/32" drill bit done right behind the clamp that goes from the stock pipe into the Cobra's where they split into the 3 single pipes..Don't drill the Cobra pipes but the small space behind the mounting clamps with hole towards the rear of the bike...Some have done, this others have not..I really am not sure it helps, but in the colder months a fair amount of moisture is always found on my garage floor after starting the bike....Good Luck with your new pipes...

Heavvyduty
01-23-2016, 05:52 PM

You ought to stop back in an let them know your posting sold those pipes. Mite get a FREE something lol.Tell them you know they were shipped to OH.

Steve 0080
01-23-2016, 05:56 PM

I think you will be happy with the sound...be careful with the tabs when re-installing the chrome cover at the head of the pipe...no big deal...finds something to support the weight of the pipe so you do not have to become a contortionist ....

Heavvyduty
01-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Well got them today, MINT..... wow 410$ 1858118582to my door.