PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a motorcycle??

RuneRider66
01-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Hello all,

Looks as if Carmen is going to purchase the 2013 Honda F6B Standard out of Texas for 12k OTD. Brand new out of crate 2 months ago.

I am going to have it shipped to South Carolina. Who do you guys and gals suggest that I use for shipping? Any thoughts?

Dfinkelsteinmd
01-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Hello all,

Looks as if Carmen is going to purchase the 2013 Honda F6B Standard out of Texas for 12k OTD. Brand new out of crate 2 months ago.

I am going to have it shipped to South Carolina. Who do you guys and gals suggest that I use for shipping? Any thoughts?

Great deal. There are several good trucking companies specializing in motorcycle transport in Texas. I would avoid national discounters like Haul Bikes, which use aggregated packing to achieve lower prices but quality suffers, and they don't stand behind their zero deductable insurance policy--don't ask me how I know.

Tbone56
01-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Hello all,

I have used Allied Shipping and Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping with good results.

alliedmotorcycleshipping.com
keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com

BIGLRY
01-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Hello all,

I am going to have it shipped to South Carolina. Who do you guys and gals suggest that I use for shipping? Any thoughts?I have shipped many bikes across the country with several shippers over the years and the only shipper I will recommend is https://motorcycleshippers.com/ they have given me the best service, on time and the care they take is unbelievable. They treat every bike as if it was their own plus you can check online to see where it is when in rout. I just shipped one of my new Runes from west Virginia to here on the left coast took 2 weeks and the bike arrived in immaculate condition. No they are not the cheapest, but their service is second to none.
They are the best in my book!:yes:

Nero
01-25-2016, 02:49 PM
I have shipped many bikes across the country with several shippers over the years and the only shipper I will recommend is https://motorcycleshippers.com/ they have given me the best service, on time and the care they take is unbelievable. They treat every bike as if it was their own plus you can check online to see where it is when in rout. I just shipped one of my new Runes from west Virginia to here on the left coast took 2 weeks and the bike arrived in immaculate condition. No they are not the cheapest, but their service is second to none.
They are the best in my book!:yes:

Agree, Motorcycle Shippers do a great job. I used them to ship my Ducati from Sacremento to Phoenix. On time and zero drama, paid a little more but worth every penny.

Steve 0080
01-25-2016, 09:39 PM
Hello all,

PM the Phantom...he uses one...may be the same one Larry is recommending ...

leroysch
01-25-2016, 10:37 PM
uship.com

You put the job out for bid. Outfits bid on the job. The outfits have reviews by folks that have used them to ship stuff. Weed thru the reviews and what they can commit to schedule-wise, then contract them. You pay up front with the website serving as the escrow agent not releasing funds until the delivery is complete.

Had great luck with this process shipping the MG from southern CA to SW Missouri. Picked up on schedule and delivered early. Best of all..not a scratch on her!

Phantom
01-25-2016, 10:41 PM
PM the Phantom...he uses one...may be the same one Larry is recommending ...

Thanks Steve, I have used Keyboard Transport several times. Not one issue and I like their motorcycle attachment platform. Once your bike is secured on their platform, it doesn't get moved around on it's own wheels or tipped over. It's a custom Steel Pallet.

Russell …… Texas is part of their coverage area. For $625 and includes a $20,000 insurance policy …. It's my choice

http://www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/rates.asp

jimmy hudson
01-29-2016, 02:24 PM
I shipped my f6b from Charlotte, NC to Sonoma, CA last January for about $700.
The trip took about 10 days. The bike was delivered to my house none the worse for wear; no damage whatsoever. I used Federal STI. You can contact Judy Gordon - 800-747-4100 x 2799.

fxdl2051
01-31-2016, 02:53 AM
Use a dedicated cycle hauler, I had success with Daily Direct. Don't use a broker who will contract out to any old company, you could end up with your scooter crammed into a trailer with gods know what. Mine was trashed when I got it and since deregulation of the shipping industry they will only pay you pennies on the dollar for any damage they do.