PDA

View Full Version : Haven't taken delivery yet but the modifications are well under way.

Dave Ritsema
01-26-2016, 10:04 AM
My Gold Wing is still at my dealer due to the weather but the modifications are well under way. Added a trunk spoiler with running and brake LED's, additional rear brake LED's as well as adding additional bulbs to the factory set up. Interestingly enough on the Gold Wings the light that F6B's use as their brake light is only a running light. All that had to be done was add the bulb and connect the wiring harness to make it function as it does on the F6B. Can't have too many brake lights!

Also added some LED's on the perimeter of the headlights under the bodywork for what I believe is a pretty cool effect.

All in all she is coming along pretty well. I just hope spring gets here soon so I can take it home before I go broke adding more stuff!

stepbill
01-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Nice looking bike! Are you keeping the F6B along with the full wing?

Dave Ritsema
01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Nice looking bike! Are you keeping the F6B along with the full wing?

Thanks for the compliment!
I have already sold the F6B in the classifieds and it has a new home in Ohio. My wife just couldn't get comfortable on the back despite several efforts after being tucked into the trunk of a Valkyrie Interstate. I owned that bike for over 14 years and to date was the best motorcycle I ever owned. Hoping the Wing gets me another 14 years!:yes:

06Blackpearl
01-26-2016, 02:01 PM
My Gold Wing is still at my dealer due to the weather but the modifications are well under way. Added a trunk spoiler with running and brake LED's, additional rear brake LED's as well as adding additional bulbs to the factory set up. Interestingly enough on the Gold Wings the light that F6B's use as their brake light is only a running light. All that had to be done was add the bulb and connect the wiring harness to make it function as it does on the F6B. Can't have too many brake lights!

Also added some LED's on the perimeter of the headlights under the bodywork for what I believe is a pretty cool effect.

All in all she is coming along pretty well. I just hope spring gets here soon so I can take it home before I go broke adding more stuff!

Could you share what parts are required to get the running light to work as a brake light?
I would like to make my pops bike like this..

Dave Ritsema
01-26-2016, 02:47 PM
"Could you share what parts are required to get the running light to work as a brake light?
I would like to make my pops bike like this.."

This information is relevant only to a 2013 or newer full Gold Wing. I assume you know that but just wanted to clarify just in case.

On the full dress Wings the light between the saddlebags is only a running light. For reasons that I cannot begin to explain apparently Honda simply omits the bulb and leaves the harness just tucked in behind the lens. All that is required is putting in the bulb and plugging it in.

I also added the Kuryakyn lower LED that is running and brake and added the harness that makes the spoiler both running and braking.

06Blackpearl
01-26-2016, 06:35 PM
"Could you share what parts are required to get the running light to work as a brake light?

This information is relevant only to a 2013 or newer full Gold Wing. I assume you know that but just wanted to clarify just in case.

On the full dress Wings the light between the saddlebags is only a running light. For reasons that I cannot begin to explain apparently Honda simply omits the bulb and leaves the harness just tucked in behind the lens. All that is required is putting in the bulb and plugging it in.

I also added the Kuryakyn lower LED that is running and brake and added the harness that makes the spoiler both running and braking.

its a 2012 Goldwing..

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll158/SportBikePowderCoating/My%2006%20ZX-10R/b8ea099f.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/SportBikePowderCoating/media/My%2006%20ZX-10R/b8ea099f.jpg.html)

Dave Ritsema
01-26-2016, 08:22 PM
its a 2012 Goldwing..

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll158/SportBikePowderCoating/My%2006%20ZX-10R/b8ea099f.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/SportBikePowderCoating/media/My%2006%20ZX-10R/b8ea099f.jpg.html)

Might be the same. Is it just a running light on your 2012? If so I would get to the back of the lens and check it out. Could be the same thing. Nice looking bike by the way. :yes:

jkelley
01-27-2016, 06:21 AM
I made the same move, I love the wing but once again the stock seat sucks.

Dave Ritsema
01-27-2016, 07:56 AM
I made the same move, I love the wing but once again the stock seat sucks.

Yeah I was afraid of that. My guess is a heated Ultimate is in my future but they are PRICEY!

jkelley
01-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Yeah I was afraid of that. My guess is a heated Ultimate is in my future but they are PRICEY!

Yes, I already have the quote with red stitching. That's gonna hurt. I am waiting for a moment of weakness to order one.

Dave Ritsema
01-27-2016, 01:23 PM
Yes, I already have the quote with red stitching. That's gonna hurt. I am waiting for a moment of weakness to order one.

OK, prepare me. How much??

jkelley
01-27-2016, 04:20 PM
Seat alone with heat is $1295
Add the back rest, stitching, and a few other options and you are getting real close to 1500

Dave Ritsema
01-27-2016, 04:48 PM
Seat alone with heat is $1295
Add the back rest, stitching, and a few other options and you are getting real close to 1500

Yeah..that's about what I figured. If you pull the trigger please let me know your impressions and send a pic or two. That's exactly the way I will option it also.

shortleg0521
01-27-2016, 06:02 PM

All that is needed is a wire run into the plug for that light. In fact if you
look at the bulb it is already a1157 type bulb with two ckts in it for run and brake.
All that is done is a short piece of wire with a pin for plug is run.
If you look through UTube you will fine it.
I just helped a feiend do that same thing. Hardest part was putting pin onwire.
East piesy
shortleg

Dave Ritsema
01-27-2016, 08:06 PM
All that is needed is a wire run into the plug for that light. In fact if you
look at the bulb it is already a1157 type bulb with two ckts in it for run and brake.
All that is done is a short piece of wire with a pin for plug is run.
If you look through UTube you will fine it.
I just helped a feiend do that same thing. Hardest part was putting pin onwire.
East piesy
shortleg

Thanks for the clarification! My dealer did it for me so I didn't see it first hand.

six2go
01-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Dave, I drove to Warsaw this morning to see your new beast. Man, that is one fine lookin' Wing. George asked if we should take a pic of me sitting on it for ya but I thought that was not such a good idea. :duck:
Don't worry, it's all covered up again, just waiting for the trip to SB. :icon_wink:

BTW, what brand of fork brace is that on it?

Dave Ritsema
01-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Dave, I drove to Warsaw this morning to see your new beast. Man, that is one fine lookin' Wing. George asked if we should take a pic of me sitting on it for ya but I thought that was not such a good idea. :duck:
Don't worry, it's all covered up again, just waiting for the trip to SB. :icon_wink:

BTW, what brand of fork brace is that on it?

Thanks Bro! The brace is the new gen Kuryakyn. (Their verbiage. Apparently there was a previous version as well).