PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Add Another Bike To The Stable

Batt13
01-27-2016, 07:14 AM
I am looking to add a third bike to the stable to keep in Fla. I own a 2013 F6B Deluxe & a 2002 HD Roadking which I want to keep in NY. Not looking to break the bank something to cruise around possibly the wife will come time to time. I am all over the place with this was looking at the Honda Fury & HD Low rider. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TKS

Old Ryder
01-27-2016, 07:28 AM
I have the "Hotts" for a Triumph Thunderbird. Used ones can be had for $6K and up.

DMAGOLDRDR
01-27-2016, 07:49 AM
Just throwing this out there........as very few wives will ride in one. BUT if your interested

I have a Classic 1978 Goldwing with Sidecar in beautiful condition for sale. More info in the Classifieds.

Batt13
01-27-2016, 10:04 AM
Just throwing this out there........as very few wives will ride in one. BUT if your interested

I have a Classic 1978 Goldwing with Sidecar in beautiful condition for sale. More info in the Classifieds.

Tks but that is not happening with my wife LOL. By the way how is the Mustang seat???

opas ride
01-27-2016, 10:41 AM
I am looking to add a third bike to the stable to keep in Fla. I own a 2013 F6B Deluxe & a 2002 HD Roadking which I want to keep in NY. Not looking to break the bank something to cruise around possibly the wife will come time to time. I am all over the place with this was looking at the Honda Fury & HD Low rider. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TKS
I would take a long hard look at the Indian Scout..I have test ridden a couple and they are fast, handle great, look good, and would be my choice for what might fit your needs....JMHO

shortleg0521
01-27-2016, 06:19 PM
TKS

I think if you take the wife with you the Fury 1300 will need a bit more hp.
Look for a vtx 1800 they can be had rather cheap.
shortleg

Jimmytee
01-27-2016, 06:46 PM
I'm biased, but think the original Valkyrie makes a great bike and a Standard can be found in great shape and at a great price as bikes go.

Greg O
01-27-2016, 06:49 PM
I was looking at Moto Guzzi before I bought the F6B.

willtill
01-27-2016, 06:55 PM
I would take a long hard look at the Indian Scout..I have test ridden a couple and they are fast, handle great, look good, and would be my choice for what might fit your needs....JMHO

Girl's bike.

IMHO :icon_lol:

To the OP: so many bikes to choose from... it would be impossible to be perceptive of your wants and tastes. Only you can research and find the bike that you want to keep down in Floriduh. :icon_wink:

DMAGOLDRDR
01-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Tks but that is not happening with my wife LOL. By the way how is the Mustang seat???

That Mustang has been great. I have about 8k miles on it and I really like the lower position. thanks again!!!

opas ride
01-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Girl's bike.

To the OP: so many bikes to choose from... it would be impossible to be perceptive of your wants and tastes. Only you can research and find the bike that you want to keep down in Floriduh. :icon_wink:
Maybe so, but it will "blow the doors off" a F6B in the short run!!!....Be careful what you perceive to be a "girls bike"....Ride safe....

Willl
01-27-2016, 08:03 PM
+1 on the Fury, all around great bike, 2 hours max riding time, best for country/city riding

Will need after market seat/s
Weight limit 322 lbs. :shock:

shooter
01-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Girl's bike.

I agree. The dealer that did my recall had me wait in the Indian facility. I checked them out. All those Indians are small.

shooter
01-27-2016, 08:31 PM
Oh , if your interested , I have a very nice M109R for sale. 3696

leroysch
01-27-2016, 09:52 PM
Head in the sport bike/tourer direction for something different.

BigAl1952
01-27-2016, 11:10 PM
I have the "Hotts" for a Triumph Thunderbird. Used ones can be had for $6K and up.

Take a little advice from your John Wayne Quote. Triumph has the absolute worst dealer network. I just came from a rocket III and they absolutely suck when it comes to parts accessories and mechanics with enough brains to know how to fix there issues. don't ask me how I know. Al

blueverclear
01-28-2016, 12:12 AM
TKS

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/mcy/5393175268.html

this is my bike I have for sale. Its a great bike just don't need it and the f6b

Batt13
01-28-2016, 06:29 AM
Head in the sport bike/tourer direction for something different.

Any recommendations????

willtill
01-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Maybe so, but it will "blow the doors off" a F6B in the short run!!!....Be careful what you perceive to be a "girls bike"....Ride safe....

"girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike"
"girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike" "girls bike"

http://i68.tinypic.com/w001s6.jpg

:icon_mrgreen:

Old Ryder
01-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Take a little advice from your John Wayne Quote. Triumph has the absolute worst dealer network. I just came from a rocket III and they absolutely suck when it comes to parts accessories and mechanics with enough brains to know how to fix there issues. don't ask me how I know. Al

Thanks for the heads up. :yes: My son in law loves his, but then again he lives in south Fla.

shooter
01-28-2016, 08:47 AM

I don't think so Opas. According to the numbers its almost a second slower in the quarter. Not many cruiser bikes gonna outrun the B. If you really jump on the big girl she stands up and gets down the road.

Cobraguy
01-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Be careful what you call a "Girls Bike" the F6B is the "Girls Bike" in this family.

willtill
01-28-2016, 10:50 AM
Be careful what you call a "Girls Bike" the F6B is the "Girls Bike" in this family.

...as compared to what?

opas ride
01-28-2016, 12:15 PM
...as compared to what?
Please explain to me what you consider a "girls bike"...I am curious as to your definition of such a bike!!!....Sounds a little "biased" on your part...Just saying!!!

Cobraguy
01-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Willtill I mine the girl, my wife, rides the F6B. Other bikes here are... 02 GL1800 and 13 CTX700

willtill
01-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Please explain to me what you consider a "girls bike"...I am curious as to your definition of such a bike!!!....Sounds a little "biased" on your part...Just saying!!!

Anything with far less displacement; compared to what I ride now. :icon_wink: I test rode the Indian Scout back in the summer btw... and it felt like a moped to me. But coming from much larger cruisers, that is a true statement I feel I can make.

When I had my 2294cc Triumph Rocket 3 with Carpenter Racing's 240 hp kit installed; ALL other bike's were girl bikes back then... :icon_lol:

Willtill I mine the girl, my wife, rides the F6B.

Oh, I see. Then your definition of the F6B would be most correct. :icon_wink:

shooter
01-28-2016, 01:02 PM
I think he's trying to call you a wussy Will.:stirthepot::poke:

BIGLRY
01-28-2016, 01:14 PM
:icon_laugh:funnychit.

willtill
01-28-2016, 02:16 PM

Trying? funnypost.

Nah... :nono:

"Trying" is only applicable to horse shoes and hand grenades :icon_wink:

I know what he meant... :icon_wink:

shooter
01-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Me an Big Larry's got your back buddy. I'll be right behind Larry.shot his foot

leroysch
01-29-2016, 10:21 PM
Any recommendations????

Sport tourer: Nothing that I can speak from experience on....but the Yamaha FJR1300 has been getting good reviews. Or, just to be different, a MotoGuzzi Norge would be unique. If the lines of the F6B weren't so attractive, I'd have given the Norge a shot despite the limited dealer network.

Sport bike: Again, I've not put my butt onto the latest offerings from Japan...and am too old to be on a Ninja/Hayabusa thing anyway. (Though I think the Hayabusa's are gorgeous.) I've found handling heaven in the MG V11 Lemans, it too makes me grin just looking at it in the shop. Shaft driven, easy to work on, and eye candy to boot! Slightly aggressive seating. Low mileage examples come up with surprising frequency.

F6B1911
01-29-2016, 10:47 PM
A BMW R-nine-T would be a great 2nd ride.
I had a few R bikes, they were great. Looked at the new R1200RT before I bought the F6B.

okiedoc
01-30-2016, 06:23 AM
The Honda ST1300 is the second bike in my stable. I'm 6'2' and had to put risers on it for it to be comfortable. No cruise or heated grips from the factory but you probably wouldn't need the grips in Florida. The top box is very nice and helps with passenger comfort, it is great for trips to the hardware store. You can fit a 40 pound bag of dog food in the saddle bags.

Nero
01-30-2016, 11:25 AM
I was looking at Moto Guzzi before I bought the F6B.

Moto Guzzi woul be an excellent choice for a 2nd mount. I sold my 2014 Griso 8v SE when I bought my F6B. Only drawbacks, spotty dealer network and hard to find a competent mechanic.
Although most regular stuff is pretty easy for the owner to complete. Griso is a fun bike, on the right road you can surprise some sport bikes....

SoCal Rich
01-30-2016, 01:03 PM
I absolutely love my Ducati Diavel, but not sure how much I would like having a passenger on it.

SimonTemplar
01-31-2016, 02:51 AM
1) Find a Rune that's not been beaten up.

2) Valkyrie?

3) If you're thinking cruiser.....Indian Dark Horse? (absolutely hated these when they first came out....now I think it's a pretty sexy look)

Just random thoughts....

...sT

Batt13
02-01-2016, 06:47 AM
Appreciate all the responses will look into the 3rd bike whenI go to Fla. in Aug.
Tks again

BEIST
02-01-2016, 02:21 PM

Try something different and buy a Victory.

Here is a shot of me and my younger brother's 2013 Victory Highball, in Akron OH back in June, after a 400 mile trip from Philly. The bike ran great! The 106 cubic inch, 5 quart oil cooled, Freedom V-Twin Motor had all the power needed for a long Turnpike stint. The ape hanger handle bars were extremely comfortable. Every time I stopped somebody complimented me on this bike. My brother likes to say it was: "Bought not Built." He purchased the "year end display model" for $12,500 OTD. Exactly as seen. The leather saddle bags were included but they are usually a $600 adder. I believe the MSRP on a similar, new 2016 model, is probably around $14K OTD. Victory riders are boasting 200K out of the Freedom motor, designed in 2009, and brag that the motor does not actually "break in" until it reaches 40K and the gas milage then appears to be +45 MPG. Also, apparently, the motors never leak oil because they only have 8 seals and gaskets. This particular Highball model has a solo saddle but I'm sure that can be easily remedied. My brother likes to inform our Harley buddies that it has a magic carpet rear mono shock, gear cams, and the side mounted belt drive can be removed in about 30 minutes. My brother has honestly done nothing but put gas in it since he bought it. Unlike me - who buys something new every time I visit this forum.

valkmc
02-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Any recommendations????

Sport Tourer, I would look at the C-14. Great luggage and electric windshield. The inline 1400 really gets it. I loved mine!

Batt13
02-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Sport Tourer, I would look at the C-14. Great luggage and electric windshield. The inline 1400 really gets it. I loved mine!

Heard good reviews on the C-14, I have to stick with a bike which has a tour-pak looking at the full size wing, Victory, & possibly a BMW or another Harley

BEIST
02-01-2016, 06:51 PM

As I've mentioned in a previous post = my youngest brother just purchased a 2016 CVO Street Glide. One of these babies will certainly scratch your itch.

Batt13
02-01-2016, 07:09 PM

As I've mentioned in a previous post = my youngest brother just purchased a 2016 CVO Street Glide. One of these babies will certainly scratch your itch.

Definitely!!!!!!

willtill
02-01-2016, 07:25 PM

Try something different and buy a Victory.

Here is a shot of me and my younger brother's 2013 Victory Highball, in Akron OH back in June, after a 400 mile trip from Philly. The bike ran great! The 106 cubic inch, 5 quart oil cooled, Freedom V-Twin Motor had all the power needed for a long Turnpike stint. The ape hanger handle bars were extremely comfortable. Every time I stopped somebody complimented me on this bike. My brother likes to say it was: "Bought not Built." He purchased the "year end display model" for $12,500 OTD. Exactly as seen. The leather saddle bags were included but they are usually a $600 adder. I believe the MSRP on a similar, new 2016 model, is probably around $14K OTD. Victory riders are boasting 200K out of the Freedom motor, designed in 2009, and brag that the motor does not actually "break in" until it reaches 40K and the gas milage then appears to be +45 MPG. Also, apparently, the motors never leak oil because they only have 8 seals and gaskets. This particular Highball model has a solo saddle but I'm sure that can be easily remedied. My brother likes to inform our Harley buddies that it has a magic carpet rear mono shock, gear cams, and the side mounted belt drive can be removed in about 30 minutes. My brother has honestly done nothing but put gas in it since he bought it. Unlike me - who buys something new every time I visit this forum.

It is rumored to have a stout motor. but from my personal experience with my 2011 Victory Vision's front drive sprocket leak (and failed attempts by the dealer to repair it) I got rid of it.

A bike is only as good as a stealership's support of it; as well as the warranty that suddenly does not warrant a repair when needed.

I only post this response; to balance a third party's positive accolades of the Victory motor; with my first hand negative experiences with one.

BEIST
02-01-2016, 11:49 PM
It is rumored to have a stout motor. but from my personal experience with my 2011 Victory Vision's front drive sprocket leak (and failed attempts by the dealer to repair it) I got rid of it.

A bike is only as good as a stealership's support of it; as well as the warranty that suddenly does not warrant a repair when needed.

I only post this response; to balance a third party's positive accolades of the Victory motor; with my first hand negative experiences with one.

Sorry about your problems Willtill ~ Life is funny. It really can be just hit or miss. My brother Larry (aka The Budman) literally drove that Highball out of the parking lot like he stole it. There was actual smoke and gravel spit out at us. His idea of "breaking in" riding; he calls "heat sealing." I don't even enjoy riding with Bud, too often, because it always turns into "Chasing Larry." My brothers and I are definitely going to have some interesting comparisons on these three distinctly different bikes = Honda, Harley & Victory. I'm still Biker #1 thanks to my 1979 GL1000. Hopefully, the F6B will carve that title into stone.

fxdl2051
02-02-2016, 12:21 AM

Used hacks sell pretty good in their classifieds, might like this. http://sidecar.com/

willtill
02-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Sorry about your problems Willtill ~ Life is funny. It really can be just hit or miss. My brother Larry (aka The Budman) literally drove that Highball out of the parking lot like he stole it. There was actual smoke and gravel spit out at us. His idea of "breaking in" riding; he calls "heat sealing." I don't even enjoy riding with Bud, too often, because it always turns into "Chasing Larry." My brothers and I are definitely going to have some interesting comparisons on these three distinctly different bikes = Honda, Harley & Victory. I'm still Biker #1 thanks to my 1979 GL1000. Hopefully, the F6B will carve that title into stone.

Meh.. it is what it is.

I decided to go back to Honda for it's renown reliability. Shortly after buying my F6B... it was suddenly part of this massive rear brake cylinder recall. :shrug:

After enduring a negative dealership experience with THAT... I remain hopeful that these malodorous episodes of product failures are a thing of the past; at least with this bike.

I want to ride more ...than wrench these days.

opas ride
02-02-2016, 10:17 AM

Bikes are funny things I suppose when it comes to quality...Contrary to your experience I rode my Victory Vision for over three years with no any issues at all...A great bike in all aspects for me...I was just looking for something a little lighter when I traded for the F6B and really enjoy it so far...If I needed to purchase another bike I would still consider looking at another Vic....JMHO