PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Rider Modifications

Batt13
01-29-2016, 07:43 PM
Any input for passenger mods??? Wife not comfortable and never rides with me. She can't reach foot pegs or grab handrails. May have to trade in the F6B for a Goldwing any input will be appreciated!!!
Tks

stroguy
01-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Is she riding on your shoulders? She must be petite. RDL makes custom seats and a foot rest extension should be an easy mod.

stepbill
01-29-2016, 08:08 PM
Could be easier to trade in the wife :icon_biggrin::shhh:

Batt13
01-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Could be easier to trade in the wife :icon_biggrin::shhh:

Thats a good one LOL but it would be very expensive

shooter
01-29-2016, 08:48 PM
Rivco makes adjustable floorboards. I have a set. Wife loves them. Backrest riser may make her feel more secure.

ths61
01-29-2016, 09:47 PM
Add a trunk or ...

shooter
01-29-2016, 10:18 PM
With help like that I'm sure she will feel more secure.:banghead:

okiedoc
01-30-2016, 06:10 AM
As stated previously get the riser for the backrest. My wife hated the 6 until i installed it. She said she did not feel as secure as she did on the ST 1300, which has a top box. Took a trip from NW Oklahoma to Denver and she was fine. The factory backrest just hits you too low in the spine.

Cool Hand Luke
01-30-2016, 07:33 AM
The foot pegs are easy to fix, just others suggested. As for back support, you can get a removable trunk with built in backrest and even arm rests. You can easily take it off for solo rides. Also, you will need more luggage capacity for two people anyways.

This is a good one:

Some members have put a smaller, sportier looking one, which in my opinion look awesome, better than factory GW trunk, but provide less back support:

I am in a similar situation. My mom will be visiting in a month for 3 months (my parents live in Europe) and she likes to ride with me. I want to take her to Daytona Bikeweek this year for her first time. I used to have a GW, which was supremely comfortable for a passenger, but I sold it and got F6B, which I like much better. So a bought this easily removable trunk (4 bolts, takes seconds with power tool) from a local Honda dealer, because it was cheap (paid $175), OEM for another Honda bike and is light and well made, waterproof and lockable. It is made by Givi for Honda, and it says Honda on it. I have ordered custom made backrest for it and did not get it yet, but here it is:

I hope this helps.

Retired Army
01-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Have you and your wife visited a dealer for a test ride on a GL 1800? We have a dual Russell saddle custom built, for each of us and use passenger seat back extension. The F6B was designed toward sport touring subsequently smaller pricing and few amenities. I have found keeping the wife happy has extended our time into the wind together.

GaTeach
01-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Get her an F6B of her own!!!!!

Faststreak
01-31-2016, 10:37 AM
Cool hand Luke , in you first photo, where can you get that trunk, what kind is it, and cost? Thanks, faststreak

Cool Hand Luke
01-31-2016, 06:33 PM
Cool hand Luke , in you first photo, where can you get that trunk, what kind is it, and cost? Thanks, faststreak

If you are asking about the red trunk on red bike, that is either HD tourpak or a knock off version. Cheaper than HD copy can be found here: http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=119&menu=Harley%20Davidson%20Parts&product_id=402&s=prod.php

Also, try searching the Ebay. Mutazu sells them for $385.

Batt13
02-01-2016, 06:43 AM
Rivco makes adjustable floorboards. I have a set. Wife loves them. Backrest riser may make her feel more secure.
Was going that route she still has an issue grabbing the hand rail???

Batt13
02-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Get her an F6B of her own!!!!!

I wish she would ride!!!!

marmilia
02-01-2016, 11:06 AM
My wife didn't like the passenger buttrest that came with my bike so I got the extension from Ultimate and also a new backrest pad from them and she was much more comfortable. Then I added a set of Kuryakyn Transformer passenger floorboards that have the flip up cruise pegs and she says she is very comfortable now.

mrjava
02-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Cool Hand, im looking at the Premium http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=150&product_id=569&s=prod.php
I have that trunk on my Vaquero.
What rack did you go with? Would you use a different rack if you could?

Looks real good!!

Cool Hand Luke
02-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Cool Hand, im looking at the Premium http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=150&product_id=569&s=prod.php
I have that trunk on my Vaquero.
What rack did you go with? Would you use a different rack if you could?

Looks real good!!

I like the Mutazu trunk as well, I was going to get either the chopped or razor version. But I happened to see the one I bought at the local Honda dealer on clearance for $175 and just seemed like a great deal.

I bought the luggage rack on Ebay sometime last year. It was made by a motorcycle enthusiast here in the USA. I just tried to find it again on ebay and the web but didn't see it. He may have stopped making them for our bikes. The rack is made of strong metal and the reason I liked it is it's flat, so any tour pak could be easily mounted on it. It is thin but strong, has letters 'F6B' cnc machined in the middle as cutouts, black powder coated and mounts with 4 bolts to existing holes (included, no other mounting hardware needed). I simply drilled 4 holes on the bottom of the trunk and mounted it. It can be taken off literally in 30 seconds with power screwdriver.

Here it is on the bike without trunk: