PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar position help, rise recommendations

GHOSTRACER
01-31-2016, 08:20 PM
Put the first "real miles " on the F6 this past Saturday with a 450 mile ride. Every thing was great, gas mileage, comfort of the stock seat, ... . Except for a little soreness between my shoulders. I need the bars back 1-2 inches and up 1-2 inches. The Kury's look to be the ones, but it says that it also narrows the width 2 inches, which I'm not sure I'd want. Also, don't want to spend the $'s on the HeliBars. Recommendations and comments appreciated.

Tbone56
01-31-2016, 10:37 PM
MBL Inovations makes two sets that raise the bars 3/4" and bring them back 1 1/2". They sell a narrow style and a wider style.

ths61
01-31-2016, 11:17 PM
Rocky Risers are adjustable in, stock and out.

The F6B options I am aware of are:

- Kury Risers
- Rocky Risers
- MBL Risers
- HeliBar Horizon Adjustable Handlebars

M61A1MECH
02-01-2016, 05:41 AM
I put Rocky's adjustable risers on my Goldwing and they fixed the problem I was having with a stabbing pain between the shoulders.
Like them because they are adjustable for the width. Rocky's instructions are also very good. I am very happy I made the change.

Jimmytee
02-01-2016, 06:27 AM
I tried tried the Kury risers first. I would have the same soreness. The Kury risers didn't help, in fact I'm not sure they didn't make it worse. Not wanting to gamble any more money, and no, I didn't want to spend the money for the Helibars,I got the Helibars and they completely resolved any comfort issues. Best money I've spent on the B. I think it was more about the grip angle than anything else for me. None of the risers will allow this adjustment. Of the risers,though, I think I'd try the Rocky's 1st. from what I've read.

Batt13
02-01-2016, 06:41 AM
Rocky Risers are adjustable in, stock and out.

The F6B options I am aware of are:

- Kury Risers
- Rocky Risers
- MBL Risers
- HeliBar Horizon Adjustable Handlebars
Is there a web site for Rocky's Risers
Tks

Phantom
02-01-2016, 06:47 AM
Tks

I've been told that he's had trouble getting them made and because he doesn't make much money on them , its not a priority nor is he able to afford any inventory. He doesn't make them himself and there is NO warranty on the risers.
I tried to help him out along the way several times, I fell for his BS stories (and boy can he tell stories of grandeur), I received complaints regarding inconsistent delivery times, heard a couple of complaints about his lack of honesty, false promises and experienced it myself. He's been banned from multiple websites because of his shenanigans and less then acceptable business practices. After two years of his lies, I had enough and he was removed from this website.

At this point my recommendation is to try the other options, they are made by companies that will pick up the phone, deliver on their word and stand behind their products.

DaWadd
02-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Rocky's risers worked for me.:yes:

Bob Penn
02-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Unhappy with my butt's feelings, I originally put a Mustang seat on. That put me back and down resulting in an uncomfortable aggressive riding position. The kury. kit solved that problem for me. There are some adjustments that can be made during instillation. I now ride in a very relaxed position with my arms bent in a natural bend.
I think it might be important to take your physical size into consideration. I am only 5'8" tall (and shrinking due to age:shock:) with 28" inseam and corresponding short arms.

opas ride
02-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Unhappy with my butt's feelings, I originally put a Mustang seat on. That put me back and down resulting in an uncomfortable aggressive riding position. The kury. kit solved that problem for me. There are some adjustments that can be made during instillation. I now ride in a very relaxed position with my arms bent in a natural bend.
I think it might be important to take your physical size into consideration. I am only 5'8" tall (and shrinking due to age:shock:) with 28" inseam and corresponding short arms.
I am about the same size as above and really have no issue with the placement of the bars..The Mustang seat works great for me and I have no plans to change..If I get a little back concerns when riding, I just stop and rest a while and then move on...I am sure bar adjustments work fine for some, but I am okay the way they fit stock...JMHO

ths61
02-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Tks

I had PM'd him on this site for my set. I had no problems with the order or the product (sorry to read otherwise).

My issue was first wrist position and second pull back/rise. I am running them all the way out (widest position) which helps the wrist position, but would ultimately prefer stock width with corrected wrist position plus rise and pull back. I think the only product that currently offers this is Helibars for a pretty penny with Rocky Risers being second best choice for much less money.

One other note, when running them in the widest position, you have to make sure your cables are not rubbing against the inner cowl.

GHOSTRACER
02-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to try the Kury's. Hopefully they will help, but if not, it won't be much of a wasted expense.

espiros
02-02-2016, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to try the Kury's. Hopefully they will help, but if not, it won't be much of a wasted expense.

Kury kit comes with 2 types of adaptors.
I used the thicker one and I got rid of the pain...
They are a good option

Stevvvo
02-06-2016, 11:36 AM
I purchased just the thinner shims and could not notice too much of a difference so pulled the trigger and bought the full shabang..... Definitely can tell the difference with the thicker shim configuration.