PDA

View Full Version : New Member Introduction

mrjava
02-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Hello All!!
My name is Steve (AKA Mrjava)

Im looking to purchase a 2016 F6B Deluxe hopefully in Feb/Mar this year.
I test rode a 2013 base, and was pleasantly surprised.
I come from a v-twin background, and am new to the Goldwing power plant.
I have a few questions that I havent found answers to on this forum. Im hoping to get some guidance from the members here.
1: Powercommander V5 - Always an improvement on my previous bikes.from a 650 to my current Kawi Vaquero.
Has anyone installed and used this? Does it resolve any hesitation or lagging issues?
2: Kuryaken floorboards with heel/toe shifter.
Any clearance reductions during turns?

Thats all the questions I have for now, Gotta get to work..will add more soon.
Thank you in advance,

Mrjava

Fla_rider
02-01-2016, 09:35 AM
What hesitation and lagging issues? :nono:

If I had to guess I'd say any floorboard will affect cornering clearances, even though the F6B clearance is better then most!

Sorcerer
02-01-2016, 09:59 AM
If you are coming from V twins, my guess is on your test ride you may have been making your shifts as though you were riding a V twin. Once you get your bike and get a couple hundred mile on it try a full throttle shift from first to second making that shift at around 4500-4800 RPMs. Then come back and tell me you want a power commander. The lag you have read about is in the c/c and only is an adjustment to the c/c cable. Oh by the way when you try that hard shift, lean a bit forward, clinch you knees to the seat and HANG on TIGHT to the handle bars.😜

Willl
02-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the Forum Steve :cheers:

I doubt that you would notice any difference installing a Powercommander on your F6

Good Luck

opas ride
02-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the Forum Steve :cheers:

I doubt that you would notice any difference installing a Powercommander on your F6
+1 on a Powercommander...Not at all necessary....

unsub
02-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Hello All!!
My name is Steve (AKA Mrjava)

1: Powercommander V5 - Always an improvement on my previous bikes.from a 650 to my current Kawi Vaquero.
Has anyone installed and used this? Does it resolve any hesitation or lagging issues?
Thats all the questions I have for now, Gotta get to work..will add more soon.
Thank you in advance,

Mrjava

Welcome to the group Steve.

Are you referring to the cold start hesitation scenarios that some GL1800's seem to experience or something else? This bike is fantastic out of the box, so I'd suggest getting your hands on one first then decide what power/fuel delivery mods if any, you'll need.

wjduke
02-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the group Steve.

Are you referring to the cold start hesitation scenarios that some GL1800's seem to experience or something else? This bike is fantastic out of the box, so I'd suggest getting your hands on one first then decide what power/fuel delivery mods if any, you'll need.

I had an M109 Vtwin...let me tell you, this Honda gets up and goes without much difference in my opinion. Plenty of sack to screw around with, but the comfort level even stock is tremendous.

mrjava
02-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Ok, so Im getting a strong impression that the PCV may not be required.
Floorboards should interfere.

I'm 5'3" and will do another test ride. I did notice that i was a bit leaned forward. I was also looking at risers and the "superbrace" Still doing research on this.

If there was a top 10 list of upgrades to consider for performance, ergonomics what are some suggestions?
Im not worried about chrome or bling, im more concerned with fit, form, function.

I do appreciate the feedback.

Steve

Fla_rider
02-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Top ten have been listed before. Hard to come up with too many performance upgrades. Superbrace might just do it. As far as comfort like I said this has been addressed many times. Seat, windscreen, hwy-pegs, and list goes no and on.. As long as you got these - "ccsmiley"

At five three you might want to consider lowering the bike, ask Steve080 about his lowering kit. He probably has a schematic of the box he built to get up on his bike. :crackup:

Bob Penn
02-02-2016, 09:26 AM
At 5'3" I think you should consider lowering the bike with one of the available lowering kits first. Then replacing the stock seats with something like a Mustang. I'm 5'8" with a 28" inseam. When I first got on the stock bike I was on the balls of my feet holding up an almost 900 lbs bike. With the 2 additions mentioned I can now sit on the seat and stand almost flat footed making the job a lot easier especially when having to walk the bike backwards.
I also installed the Kury full floorboards with shiftier. I quickly noticed scraping on hard left turns but what I found was it wasn't the floor board's scrap pin it was the kick stand hitting. This was the result of the 1" lowering kit. I should emphasis HARD left cornering on the highly graded roads of the PA mountains.
However the sparks do add some sparkle to my riding style

mrjava
02-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Thanks to all for the replies, I will consider the additional options.
As far as lowering goes, I did that on the Vaquero. Yes it got me lower, but I did scrape alot more.

Im hoping to test ride another soon. When i first sat on the F6B in Cali motorcycle show, I was surprised on how 'light' it felt, and how I was able to pretty much flat foot the bike.

Thanks again for all the guidance, and Ill keep reading/researching.

BEIST
02-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Welcome from PA! My bike is a BEAST! Why anybody would need to enhance it with a power commander is beyond me. "Ride it like you stole it" for about a month and that desire will fade.

F6Dave
02-05-2016, 08:42 AM
When new, my F6B scraped the pegs quite easily. The factory sets the rear suspension at the lowest setting. I increased it many clicks (there are about a zillion of them) and now have much more cornering clearance. This bike handles very well, and I love riding it fast on curvy roads. I'd think that lowering it would seriously limit cornering clearance.