PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate King question

buckeyeken47
02-01-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm trying to determine if the king is correct for me. The Ultimate site says that the king is for people 6'2" and taller or greater than a 33" inseam. I am 6'2 and 1/2 inches and have a 32/33 inseam. It kind of looks like I'm a tweener. My body type is a little unusual as I have a relatively long torso. Actually I find the stock riding position quite comfortable. I would like to hear from riders who have an Ultimate seat and are of a similar body type - which seat did you buy and how is it working out for you?

shooter
02-01-2016, 03:44 PM
You need the ultimate king.

willtill
02-01-2016, 04:02 PM
On edit: posted question about the mid rider seat in a new thread

Dave Ritsema
02-02-2016, 07:54 AM
I had the Ultimate King on my 2013 Deluxe. I am 275 lbs, 5'11" with a 30 inch inseam. The King worked well for me. It sat me about an inch higher than stock which made my leg position more comfortable and it pushed me back from the bars about an inch. I would strongly suggest the King.

willtill
02-02-2016, 08:28 AM
I had the Ultimate King on my 2013 Deluxe. I am 275 lbs, 5'11" with a 30 inch inseam. The King worked well for me. It sat me about an inch higher than stock which made my leg position more comfortable and it pushed me back from the bars about an inch. I would strongly suggest the King.

That is what is so confusing about which seat to pick. Your measurements don't fully meet what Des recommends for the King Seat. But the King seat seems to fit you as you have testified about it.

I feel like I am a "tweener" myself between both styles of these seats. Am seriously leaning towards getting the Mid rider now... but am unsure if I'm going to be "bunched up" by it. Conversely; If I go for the King... it may be too much of a rearward position as well.

My bend in my elbows is perfect with the stock OEM. Am concerned about this "movement forward" or "movement backwards" between the seat styles... need a precise measurement of what the change in position is; at least from the front of the seat to where the passenger's seat seam starts.

SoCal Rich
02-02-2016, 11:38 PM
I am 6 1 with 32 inseam. Ultimate King is perfect for me.

Dave Ritsema
02-08-2016, 12:32 PM
That is what is so confusing about which seat to pick. Your measurements don't fully meet what Des recommends for the King Seat. But the King seat seems to fit you as you have testified about it.

I feel like I am a "tweener" myself between both styles of these seats. Am seriously leaning towards getting the Mid rider now... but am unsure if I'm going to be "bunched up" by it. Conversely; If I go for the King... it may be too much of a rearward position as well.

My bend in my elbows is perfect with the stock OEM. Am concerned about this "movement forward" or "movement backwards" between the seat styles... need a precise measurement of what the change in position is; at least from the front of the seat to where the passenger's seat seam starts.

I can understand your concerns. Des is a friend of mine and I have had his seats on my bikes since he started in business. I have always had the advantage of "trying them on" to see what fit me best. You may want to consider looking at his rally schedule and trying to hook up with him in person. He will let you test ride before you buy.

Winston
02-08-2016, 02:03 PM
i have exactly the same sizes.
Kingseat is ok for me and perfect for my arms, no pressure at all. Only remarque, my knees come a little higher than with the stock seat and with my bigger (not standard) handgrips, my fingers just touch the handgrip when turning the steering completly, but still possible. For my back, just ordered the backrest, waiting for the postman ...to ring once

Wing'n it
02-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I'm 6'4" and 280lbs. with a 33" inseam and I tried the King and just could not make it work for me. Got my hands on a used Corbin and it was the answer, for me. So far the biggest improvement has been the addition of Helibars and I can't wait for this years riding season to get them dialed in. Getting the bars up and twisting the wrist angles is a life saver for comfort!

willtill
02-09-2016, 01:00 PM
I'm 6'4" and 280lbs. with a 33" inseam and I tried the King and just could not make it work for me. Got my hands on a used Corbin and it was the answer, for me. So far the biggest improvement has been the addition of Helibars and I can't wait for this years riding season to get them dialed in. Getting the bars up and twisting the wrist angles is a life saver for comfort!

What were your issues with the King seat?

ralylark
02-09-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm trying to determine if the king is correct for me. The Ultimate site says that the king is for people 6'2" and taller or greater than a 33" inseam. I am 6'2 and 1/2 inches and have a 32/33 inseam. It kind of looks like I'm a tweener. My body type is a little unusual as I have a relatively long torso. Actually I find the stock riding position quite comfortable. I would like to hear from riders who have an Ultimate seat and are of a similar body type - which seat did you buy and how is it working out for you?

Hi, Do you find that you move or slide forward on the factory seat? Pants get tight around the family jewels after a couple of hours?

Thanks

buckeyeken47
02-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Ralylark... Actually I have no issues with the stock seat - I don't slide at all and find the riding position comfortable. I started looking at adding a backrest and that led me to considering a new seat. My thought is that with a new seat I might be way more comfortable. How can I know until I try? - which is why I like the Ultimate return policy.

fl1madmax
02-10-2016, 10:36 AM

Yes the King only sets you back a few Inches at most, but Leg position is much more relaxed, I'm 6ft and 32 , between Risers and Seat, I can ride 600 mile days with no discomfort, also get driver back rest its adjustable and really great back support.