PDA

View Full Version : does any one else have this issue?

coffee_weasle
02-06-2016, 08:39 AM
my f6 is in the shop for the brake recall.

since it's in now, i am having them try to resolve my trip odometer reset issue.

here's the symptoms:
as i ride along, i hear the beeps from the radio (as if i'm hitting buttons to change stations or check the temp)
i watch the odometer it sometimes resets trip-a, sometimes it changes from trip-a to trip-b, sometimes it lasts long enough to reset trip-a then change to
trip-b and reset that. almost always after that happens, the buttons in the group of 4 do not function at all (meaning, i can't display the temp when i hit the
info button. usually, if i hit the setup button (and get an "invalid operation" error), i can get the temp to display.

they called me yesterday to tell me the brake recall was done but they couldn't diagnose the trip odometer issues, and then he says "wait a second, my mechanic just
yelled that it's malfunctioning as he was putting it back together" and he said he would call me back.

so, he calls me back, and says "the button group won't allow the display change from trip-a to trip-b and back", to that i told him, yep, that is one of the symptoms to this issues and
that those functions do not return to normal until after the bike is shut off for some period of time.

and that's where i'm at now.....

any one else? have this issue?

okiedoc
02-06-2016, 08:56 AM
I have noticed that mine will reset the trip meters without me touching the buttons.

stroguy
02-06-2016, 09:11 AM
Tell Einstein to swap out a button group and check the harness connector for bent pins, socket connectors and pinched wires. Not a hard place to start.

Willl
02-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Loose wire or a bad board/switch, have you torn your headset apart to work on another project before?

Wing'n it
02-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Seems like they have good info for where to start on this fix?.... duh

coffee_weasle
02-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Tell Einstein to swap out a button group and check the harness connector for bent pins, socket connectors and pinched wires. Not a hard place to start.

yea, i told them i disconnected the button group to check on a faulty button or that harness, no change....

i'm guessing i will end up having to live with it because they won't want to change out the expensive display module (that's what i believe the problem is)

coffee_weasle
02-06-2016, 11:02 AM
I have noticed that mine will reset the trip meters without me touching the buttons.

maybe a call to mother honda, with a second bike with this issue may open up a door or two

opas ride
02-06-2016, 03:29 PM
maybe a call to mother honda, with a second bike with this issue may open up a door or two

Perhaps someone else has this issue, but I have never heard or read about it on any boards to my knowledge......"Who knows"..

Sorcerer
02-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a bad ground. Battery connections tight?

shooter
02-06-2016, 10:21 PM
yea, i told them i disconnected the button group to check on a faulty button or that harness, no change....

i'm guessing i will end up having to live with it because they won't want to change out the expensive display module (that's what i believe the problem is)

Buddy you don't have to live with anything as long as that warranty is in effect. If they can't fix it now ask for a loaner. Its been my experience that when it stars affecting them they get smarter and become more driven. Stand up for your rights and demand satisfaction.

coffee_weasle
02-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Buddy you don't have to live with anything as long as that warranty is in effect. If they can't fix it now ask for a loaner. Its been my experience that when it stars affecting them they get smarter and become more driven. Stand up for your rights and demand satisfaction.

yep, i'm on it, it's the old "we can't find anything wrong" thing...

then try to hit you with hours of labor because "there wasn't anything we could find"

at least it DID mess up when they still have it... and it's still too cold out to ride here

we shall see

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Sounds like a bad ground. Battery connections tight?

+ to that and also Chek that connection behind the shelter.
How's the battery?

Texas TC
02-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Wow! Never heard of that gremlin before. Owned three Wings and never seen that one. Good luck and get 'er done while under warranty.