PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

dwrichards
02-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone,
I have continually owned a motorcycle for 30 years as of January 2016. (It really makes it easy to get good insurance rates!) My most notable Hondas owned have been the 1982 Honda CBX 1000 and the 1989 Honda Pacific Coast. Both bikes were before their time in my opinion. I traded my 2005 Triumph Rocket III in for the 2015 F6B Deluxe. When I did a test drive at Americade a few years ago, I was impressed at how much power it had. It was the only bike that I felt could replace the Rocket.

Now the bike is siting in the motorcycle shed until we thaw out a little. I have already installed a few items and plan on a few more. I may need some help with how to get at some areas of the bike.

DMAGOLDRDR
02-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Welcome,, you will find a load of info and experienced folks here.

I am in Danbury so if there is anything I can help you with, just let me know.

I Started with a 2013 Standard and have added....

Fog Lights
Center Stand
Handlebar Risers
OEM Luggage Rack
Baker Wings under Mirrors
XM radio mounted in left cubby
Accy Socket in left cubby
Tall Honda Windshield----- then Clearview w Vent----- then changed again to 11" Madstad
Also have two Goldwing shields drilled to fit.
Go Cruise throttle Lock
Utopia Drivers Backrest in Stock seat---then changed to a Mustang
LEDs mounted in the Mirrors for side signal lights
Kury rear fender LED Lights
Hyperlites LED Brake lights
Kury Ergo Pegs (Black)
RAM Mounts for GPS, cup holder and ez-pass
Keys mounted to Knobs for Cubby and Saddlebag Lock
Passenger Backrest -- but removed and sitting in garage for future use
Kuryakyn LED Battery monitor
LED white lights inside the saddle Bags
Flat Black painted passenger pegs
Gerbing Heated Gear controllers
Mustang Seat
Kickstand wedge for better lean angle
Dark side ECSTA car tire
HONDA OEM Heated Grips

Sorcerer
02-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Welcome from Minnesota. You're going to have a ball with your new ride.

Amipro
02-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Welcome. You'll love the F6B.

I remember that CBX, one of the more difficult engines to sync the carbs on. Especially since most sync gauges at the time were built for 4 cylinders or less.

Brasco
02-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Welcome from Alberta, Canada. Enjoy your great new ride!

Steve 0080
02-08-2016, 12:01 AM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!

nvmyf6
02-08-2016, 02:04 AM
'all/right' Congratulations on your new ride

vmaxed
02-08-2016, 08:03 AM
'welcome gang' Congratulations on your new F6B neighbor :039:

Ed.."coffee"

wjduke
02-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Hi everyone,
I have continually owned a motorcycle for 30 years as of January 2016. (It really makes it easy to get good insurance rates!) My most notable Hondas owned have been the 1982 Honda CBX 1000 and the 1989 Honda Pacific Coast. Both bikes were before their time in my opinion. I traded my 2005 Triumph Rocket III in for the 2015 F6B Deluxe. When I did a test drive at Americade a few years ago, I was impressed at how much power it had. It was the only bike that I felt could replace the Rocket.

Now the bike is siting in the motorcycle shed until we thaw out a little. I have already installed a few items and plan on a few more. I may need some help with how to get at some areas of the bike.

Welcome,, you will find a load of info and experienced folks here.

I am in Danbury so if there is anything I can help you with, just let me know.

I Started with a 2013 Standard and have added....

Fog Lights
Center Stand
Handlebar Risers
OEM Luggage Rack
Baker Wings under Mirrors
XM radio mounted in left cubby
Accy Socket in left cubby
Tall Honda Windshield----- then Clearview w Vent----- then changed again to 11" Madstad
Also have two Goldwing shields drilled to fit.
Go Cruise throttle Lock
Utopia Drivers Backrest in Stock seat---then changed to a Mustang
LEDs mounted in the Mirrors for side signal lights
Kury rear fender LED Lights
Hyperlites LED Brake lights
Kury Ergo Pegs (Black)
RAM Mounts for GPS, cup holder and ez-pass
Keys mounted to Knobs for Cubby and Saddlebag Lock
Passenger Backrest -- but removed and sitting in garage for future use
Kuryakyn LED Battery monitor
LED white lights inside the saddle Bags
Flat Black painted passenger pegs
Gerbing Heated Gear controllers
Mustang Seat
Kickstand wedge for better lean angle
Dark side ECSTA car tire
HONDA OEM Heated Grips
Congrats on the bike purchase. Got mine at Motorsports Nation in Plainfield ( so-so satisfaction, they pushed it out the door ). Love CT roads...maybe see you guys out there this year.

Willl
02-08-2016, 10:31 AM
.welcome20. to the Forum dwrichards

Don't forget to post some photo's of the bike, we like photo's :yes:

Fla_rider
02-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Welcome to forum - I drove from Tampa, Fl to Torrington last summer.

:postpics:

Jim-oz
02-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Welcome Mate, have the same color myself, love it!

hardtail
02-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Welcome from the Mountain State and congratulations on the new ride. Good people here and lots of entertainment. Happy to see you have the fastest color.:clap2:

dwrichards
02-08-2016, 08:46 PM
DMAGOLDRDR, My favorite ride is from New Haven to Kent Falls. I ran fiber optics on those roads years ago and know all of the little hidden secrets. Some of the best riding in the state is up there. I usually follow up with something to eat at Down the Hatch right on the lake. Out of your list of items, my most important one is going to be the windshield. I only go with poly shields never acrylic. (Issue with a shattered screen of a fellow rider that almost killed him.) I am looking at getting a National Cycle screen but will wait until I can try them on at Americade in June.

Amipro, I was fortunate enough to grow up in California where my High School had a Honda sponsored motorcycle shop class. The teacher taught me some great tricks with working on carbs. I was his go to on carbs until I was demoted for reversing the cables on a little dirt bike. He had to chase that bike half way down the football field. For the CBX carbs, I used a 4 and a 2 mercury manometer nailed to a board and blocked out at least an hour to do the adjusting.

Wjduke, I have never heard a good story about MS Nation. Any of my riding friends that have gone in have felt that they just want to move the units quickly but get full MSRP for them. Big time haggle if you want any kind of a deal. They used to have a yelp review where someone posted a review and included a picture of someone flipping the bird. Hopefully you got the price you wanted. Libby's runs RAT rides that anyone can go on at no charge. They are also starting to do camping rides. you should check it out.

Willl, I do amateur photography so you will see tons of picture if you want. My Avatar was a quick get out the phone and take a picture before it rains.

Everyone else, thank you for the welcome. I look forward to being a member here.

dwrichards
02-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Welcome from the Mountain State and congratulations on the new ride. Good people here and lots of entertainment. Happy to see you have the fastest color.:clap2:

Not only is it the fastest color but it gets better mpg and barely uses any blinker fluid. :crackup:

wjduke
02-08-2016, 09:23 PM
I bought at the end of the season with some help from my friend Dave Reed. He's got an insurance business and knew someone there. Got it out the door for $16,800....thought that was good for this area. One pro was that they brought it up to their Kawasaki shop near me so I didn't have to go all the way back there to pick it up. The cons were, it was delivered with a loose hand rail and no key master tag. They supposedly did the brake warranty. I don't have any firm proof. I never heard back about the key tag either, but I expected that. Through another friend, I found out about a Honda mechanic right in my town, so I am most likely done with that dealer.

If you see a Matte silver with a black Victory Cross Country tour, that's us.

shooter
02-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Not only is it the fastest color but it gets better mpg and barely uses any blinker fluid. :crackup:

Someone had been lying to you boys. Everyone on here knows that black is the fastest color. The Black ones don't just turn heads , they Inflict Whiplash.

dwrichards
02-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Someone had been lying to you boys. Everyone on here knows that black is the fastest color. The Black ones don't just turn heads , they Inflict Whiplash.

No, no, no. You have been misinformed. Silver bullets rip through the black shadows leaving a red blood stain behind. They taught this stuff in 10th grade. :popcorn:

hardtail
02-09-2016, 08:07 PM

Yeah! Honda fixed that problem early on.

SierraKen
02-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Welcome and congrats on your new ride!