PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speakers Part 2

Darkknight
08-19-2013, 05:40 AM
Ok so the Pyle speakers I mounted around the backrest didn't last (about 30 days) before one blew. They cost $40 and wanted $20 shipping to cover the one blown unit. SOOO, here the next step. I wanted to stay with non-amplified speakers. Something that didn't looke like the snow plow lights from the sixties.:icon_wink:

1129 1130 1131

I installed the backrest riser from Steve 0080 which increases the options for rear speakers. The requirements for me were to not interfere with the luggage rack and not be in the way of the passenger. :nono:
This seems to work.:clap2:
They won't blow away the front speakers but there are amplified sets available. This set is just to enhance the passenger's listening experience. They sound pretty good but again, While driving, I hear the front set more, and the front are larger with separate tweeter and woofers. So I would expect the fronts to sound better.
These are 3 inch units supplied by Cruising with Tunes. They cost about $80 so its not a real costly experiment.The brackets coming off the luggage rack I made myself and bolted the speaker brackets to that. I have a couple ideas for a bracket off the bottom of the backrest riser bolts.
Lets see if I can blow these up.
:lolup:

GiddyupF6B
08-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Nicely done! I will be looking at doing something with some rear sound down the road. I noticed your phone holder in the first pic. I just sent that one back because it dropped my phone. It was my first ride with it on, got a mile into it and smash phone busted on the road. I'm not sure why it happened. I watched the videos of them shaking phones on paint mixers and them staying put. I had an Otterbox on mine so not sure if that was the reason but just an FYI.

bob109
08-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Very innovative!

Where did you make your speaker wiring connections to?

Steve 0080
08-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Very nice.!!! Glad the riser worked out for you...... Strange about the I Phone..... I have a small case and have sever thousand miles on that same holder w/o issue ????? Hope the Otter Box saved your phone!!!

Pedro66
08-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Very innovative!

Where did you make your speaker wiring connections to?

There is a 4 pin rear speaker connection under the seat

GiddyupF6B
08-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Very nice.!!! Glad the riser worked out for you...... Strange about the I Phone..... I have a small case and have sever thousand miles on that same holder w/o issue ????? Hope the Otter Box saved your phone!!!

Well it would have.....the phone hit the road and I'm sure would have been fine, the Explorer that ran it over with both tires however I believe sealed the deal. Phone was destroyed. I don't get what happened with the holder at all, I had it mounted correctly and my phone in exactly as it should of been. I even ordered the large holder that was what was recommended for my exact phone.

bob109
08-19-2013, 10:47 AM
There is a 4 pin rear speaker connection under the seat

Darkknight
08-19-2013, 11:21 AM
I've got a few thousand miles with this phone holder and no problems so far. Even all the way home from Maine in heavy rain and with the phone covered in a Ziploc bag, it stayed in place and dry. Although, the phone is in a rubber type case, so maybe that helps it to stick to the holder.

Of course now that I said that... I'll just keep a look out for Explorers coming up behind me.