PDA

View Full Version : Daytona BW Less than 1 month to

Bob Penn
02-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Just wandering who all is going and where they are coming from?
Maybe we can even get some to join up or meet for the ride from their origins.

A question for the locals are helmets required in FL. ?
Any suggestions for dinner, a meet, or a good place to stay or avoid!

Papa Tater
02-09-2016, 04:28 PM

Just keep checking back here, Steve0080 usually puts something together for us. You can legally ride in the state of Florida without a helmet.

Steve 0080
02-10-2016, 12:28 AM
http://www.officialbikeweek.com/daytonabikeweek/

No helmets required !!! The Fla riders try to meet for either breakfast and or dinner on the last Friday of the event.... I need to check my calendar
for sure before I can post a date and time... I am being forced to go on a cruise again the same week as bike week !!!

choptop
02-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Would love to go, it's been a good 30 years since I was their and that was an epic trip w/my brother that neither one of us will ever forget. But even w/ being retired now, I have to choose my big Rides. Took a group ride last year to Yellowstone w/the club I ride with, loved it, they are going to Pennsylvania and ride some mountains out their and I just ordered my ticket for the Kid Rock concert in Sturgis and I have my room for the Annual Rally ...

Willl
02-10-2016, 09:52 AM
http://www.officialbikeweek.com/daytonabikeweek/

No helmets required !!! The Fla riders try to meet for either breakfast and or dinner on the last Friday of the event.... I need to check my calendar
for sure before I can post a date and time... I am being forced to go on a cruise again the same week as bike week !!!

Sorry to hear you have to go on another cruise :icon_doh:

Where to? Caribbean?

Enjoy 'paragliding'

Steve 0080
02-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear you have to go on another cruise :icon_doh:

Where to? Caribbean?

Enjoy 'paragliding'

Who knows ? I don't even ask...it makes her happy and I have a huge surprise in store for her in Sept when I will gone for 3 weeks.... you should be able to hear her from your house !!!

Bob Penn
02-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Who knows ? I don't even ask...it makes her happy and I have a huge surprise in store for her in Sept when I will gone for 3 weeks.... you should be able to hear her from your house !!!

1/ Maybe you should sit her down in front of the TV tonight to watch the news on the returning cruise ship arriving back in NJ today.
2/ Explain to her that medicare does not pay for Sea sick pills. And being the gentleman that you are you wouldn't want to throw up on her beautiful gown.
3/ Maybe she has a deserving sister who would love to go and your willing to pay her fare but three in a room would be uncomfortable for you. Be a hero and volunteer to give up your berth,

OK, I'm not sure if I'm helping here or just stirring the pot

Steve 0080
02-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks Bob... but it makes her happy... we do try to make each other happy...long rides on a motorcycle is something she can not do...she waves as I leave and I go on cruises...simple !

As far as Daytona... I am available on March 12.... I will be gone and no WiFi so if anyone wants to meet at B.J.'s at lets say 1830... just because I
am out of pocket does not mean you fine folks cannot set up a RTE at Daytona and have fun as well.....post some thoughts and I will try to attend...
I may be there on the 4th as well !!!

Pap
02-18-2016, 10:02 PM
The better half and I will be going down March 4th and staying with my niece in southern Jacksonville until the 11th or 12th.
Hopefully we can hook up with a few members here for some good food, better company and,,,,Ice cream !!:banana:

53driver
02-18-2016, 10:44 PM
I'll be there solo - arriving on the 6th, departing on the 13th.
Staying in Ormond Beach.

Steve 0080
02-18-2016, 11:14 PM
Was in Daytona today for a ride and lunch...... Speed week is upon us... busy,busy,busy !!!!!!!!! Going to be crazy this year... great weather and clear roads up north should bring a lot of folks down !!!

willtill
02-19-2016, 05:52 AM
1/ Maybe you should sit her down in front of the TV tonight to watch the news on the returning cruise ship arriving back in NJ today.
2/ Explain to her that medicare does not pay for Sea sick pills. And being the gentleman that you are you wouldn't want to throw up on her beautiful gown.
3/ Maybe she has a deserving sister who would love to go and your willing to pay her fare but three in a room would be uncomfortable for you. Be a hero and volunteer to give up your berth,

OK, I'm not sure if I'm helping here or just stirring the pot

The last cruise that we went on; the cruise ship caught on fire as we were coming into port in Jamaica. :shock: Here's the video with me and the wife in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG49-pKzZYk

Steve 0080
02-19-2016, 08:22 AM
And the buffet line never slowed.....

53driver
02-22-2016, 10:35 PM
I've just been informed my accommodations are now expiring the morning of the 12th (Saturday). There is an extended family event Saturday evening that I do not want to miss. Anyone in a 100 mile radius got a spare bed / couch Saturday night?
Much obliged!

Steve 0080
02-23-2016, 07:54 AM
Sorry, Steve, you could stay with me but I have family in from Germany for the bike fest....

Just re read your post... the bed is taken, I do have a daybed/couch .... you are welcome to !!!

stevenolts
02-23-2016, 08:36 AM
I can't make Daytona because I am going to Thunder-beach in Panama City Beach a few weeks later.

What is the name of the F6B meet up? I would like to get hotel reservations if they are still available.
Steve

53driver
02-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Sorry, Steve, you could stay with me but I have family in from Germany for the bike fest....

Just re read your post... the bed is taken, I do have a daybed/couch .... you are welcome to !!!

Couch works great! Thanks mate.

Steve 0080
02-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Your always welcome.... I will be back in town on that Sat... I will meet at BJ's at 1830.. eat, check out more of Daytona and then head home!..
We will speak before I leave the country.

Pap
03-01-2016, 07:04 AM
Anyone wanna meet for lunch somewhere? I don't know where to meet & eat. Open for suggestions. Ice cream always works too!

53driver
03-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Anyone wanna meet for lunch somewhere? I don't know where to meet & eat. Open for suggestions. Ice cream always works too!

I'll be arriving later that day...not in time for lunch. Sorry.
But evening ice cream ALWAYS works....

Pap
03-01-2016, 09:25 AM
I'll be arriving later that day...not in time for lunch. Sorry.
But evening ice cream ALWAYS works....

Evening works too.
We can shoot for that. I'm easy, just feed me ice cream!
What ever time and place works for everyone.

53driver
03-01-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm starting a Bike Week text group for those interested in keeping in contact during Bike Week.
If you would like to join, please PM me your text number and I'll add you to the group.

First event:
Pap and I are getting ice cream somewhere Monday evening....
Last event:
Saturday, 12 Mar, 1830, BJs restaurant.

Cheers,
Steve

53driver
03-07-2016, 08:21 AM
FWIW: I'm in Daytona!
Very dull, uneventful ride yesterday of 450 miles, 6.5 hours total elapsed time.

Papa Tater
03-07-2016, 11:04 AM
FWIW: I'm in Daytona!
Very dull, uneventful ride yesterday of 450 miles, 6.5 hours total elapsed time.

Enjoy your time in Daytona , lots to do there..

53driver
03-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Total LED SoCal setup now.
Low and highs.
Tail lights.
Fog lights.
Switchbacks.

53driver
03-07-2016, 03:03 PM
I've seen two other F6Bs in the fastest color... Black.

Old Ryder
03-07-2016, 08:21 PM
I'm starting a Bike Week text group for those interested in keeping in contact during Bike Week.
If you would like to join, please PM me your text number and I'll add you to the group.

First event:
Last event:

Cheers,
Steve

On the way home to discuss a job. I have lousy timing.

53driver
03-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Met up with Pap and his lovely bride tonight at the Pirana Grille.
His Harley touring trunk looks awesome!
They bought me a Stella.
I thought that very nice of them!

Who is planning on Saturday at BJs?

53driver
03-07-2016, 11:29 PM

Bob, when you getting here?

BobinMich
03-10-2016, 06:02 PM
I've just been informed my accommodations are now expiring the morning of the 12th (Saturday). There is an extended family event Saturday evening that I do not want to miss. Anyone in a 100 mile radius got a spare bed / couch Saturday night?
Much obliged!

Steve, Fred and I have a hotel in Palm Coast, we only have 2 beds, but I have an air mattress, your welcome to stay with us in the hotel. They have a pretty good breakfast:icon_lol: We are checking out sunday and heading to Ormond beach Super 8 across from Destination Daytona for 4 more nights. Let me know if your interested and I will PM my cell. Bob

53driver
03-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Steve, Fred and I have a hotel in Palm Coast, we only have 2 beds, but I have an air mattress, your welcome to stay with us in the hotel. They have a pretty good breakfast:icon_lol: We are checking out sunday and heading to Ormond beach Super 8 across from Destination Daytona for 4 more nights. Let me know if your interested and I will PM my cell. Bob

Thanks Bob. I'm staying with Steve 0080 in Sanford Saturday evening. Heading home Sunday. I sincerely appreciate the offer!

dickiedeals
03-11-2016, 09:49 AM

First event:
Last event:

Cheers,
Steve
I got tied up with a business venture this week but I plan on making the Saturday, 12 Mar, 1830, BJs restaurant. See ya'll there

Papa Tater
03-11-2016, 07:57 PM
I got tied up with a business venture this week but I plan on making the Saturday, 12 Mar, 1830, BJs restaurant. See ya'll there

Worked all week , will definate be at BJs for dinner. Thinking about going up earlier Saturday and see what's going on. Anything going on during the day with the F6B group? I'll see if Dickiedeals can venture out earlier as well.

Pap
03-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Well, (sigh), the girl is snuggled up in the trailer awaiting the trip home Sunday AM. We are taking my niece tomorrow to Blue Springs with hopes to show her some manatees. With any luck, we might be back next year for bike week. Ride safe. If anyone gets close to Western Pennsylvania, give me a shout.

Steve 0080
03-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Had a great dinner again! Dickie, Papa Tater and his Mrs., Fla Mike and his bride along with Steve 53 Driver, Randy my BinL... had a great time...
now next Sunday for the RTE in Crystal River !!!