PDA

View Full Version : Seating comfort.

ralylark
02-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Do any of you guys find that you have moved forward in the seat after a couple of hours? Levi's get tight around the family jewels?

Thanks

jm21ddd15
02-09-2016, 02:16 PM
You need to switch out of the Levi's, and try Duluth Fire Hose pants, or one of their other styles. They have extra material in the crotch, so there's no "crunch" effect. I still ride with the stock seat, but don't recall any issue of sliding forward. Usually a couple hours is time for me to stretch my legs anyway. Did over 15000 miles last summer, so there were many trips.

114th COBRA
02-09-2016, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=jm21ddd15;108385]You need to switch out of the Levi's, and try Duluth Fire Hose pants, or one of their other styles. They have extra material in the crotch, so there's no "crunch" effect.

+1 on the Duluth Fire Hose pants. Ordered two pair after I saw a recommendation by another board member. Definitely satisfied with the fit and all the available pockets. Highly recommended.

shooter
02-09-2016, 03:05 PM
I use the stock seat and I've never had a problem sliding forward.

STR8UP
02-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Likewise...it's the first bike I didn't have to buy an aftermarket seat...1200km days are no problems.

VStarRider
02-09-2016, 09:14 PM
I find the stock seat to be very comfortable.

At 6'1", I do feel that the handlebars should be a tad higher and a tad further back, which causes me to position myself closer to the tank than I would naturally be, but that is a different story.

On a side note, I took my first ride of the season already...Super Bowl Sunday! It was 45-50 F here in the Rochester, NY area, sunny, saltless, and dry as a bone. Put on 50 miles.:039:

shooter
02-09-2016, 09:59 PM
I really like the seating position of the stock seat. My problem is the foam does not hold up. It keeps fading till your ass hits the srst pan and that's when it becomes a long day. I hope my Ultimate King solves that problem.

lloydmoore1
02-10-2016, 07:56 AM
I was surprised to find that the seat actually fit me and was comfortable, probably due to the highway pegs. I was expecting that I would have to swap it out after a bit of use. At 6'1" and 180lbs I'm not a big feller so that might help a bit. As my older brother always said to me "more meat in a bag of chips "

Shooter did you just get a poor foam quality in your seat?

shooter
02-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Lloyd we are the same height but I got you by 100 lbs. The seat isn't bad till after about two hrs. If I get off for 30 min its good for another hour or so.

Bob Penn
02-10-2016, 09:15 AM
I find the stock seat to be very comfortable.

At 6'1", I do feel that the handlebars should be a tad higher and a tad further back, which causes me to position myself closer to the tank than I would naturally be, but that is a different story.

On a side note, I took my first ride of the season already...Super Bowl Sunday! It was 45-50 F here in the Rochester, NY area, sunny, saltless, and dry as a bone. Put on 50 miles.:039:

You might want to try the Kury. riser kit. It allows you to move the bars back and up cost about $80. Easy install. It worked for me.

VStarRider
02-10-2016, 07:37 PM
You might want to try the Kury. riser kit. It allows you to move the bars back and up cost about $80. Easy install. It worked for me.

Bob, thanks. I have already checked them out on wingstuff.com. I have added them to my wish list!:yes:

willtill
02-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Lloyd we are the same height but I got you by 100 lbs. The seat isn't bad till after about two hrs. If I get off for 30 min its good for another hour or so.

That is exactly the same cause and effect for me. :icon_frown:

Bob Penn
02-11-2016, 08:44 AM
I either had to buy a Mustang seat or take singing lessons. Seeing as I hate opera I bought the seat.

Bob Penn
02-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Bob, thanks. I have already checked them out on wingstuff.com. I have added them to my wish list!:yes:

Good move with wingstuff, add an oil filter, magnetic oil plug, maybe a wrench, a bag of replacement rubber grommets etc. and get the bill over $100. you'll get free shipping and pay no sales tax.
Dang us old people we eat before 5 for a reason!

RLatt
02-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Do any of you guys find that you have moved forward in the seat after a couple of hours? Levi's get tight around the family jewels?

Thanks

The AirHawk is what you seek. It's sold at WingStuff. Get the "standard cruiser" size. In June of last year, I took a 2,000+ mile trip using this. Not only is it a great to sit on, it also keeps the "jewels" nice and cool in hot / humid weather. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

Fla_rider
02-11-2016, 12:29 PM
I use the stock seat and I've never had a problem sliding forward.

+1 no problems with my stock seat!

VStarRider
02-12-2016, 06:56 PM
The AirHawk is what you seek. It's sold at WingStuff. Get the "standard cruiser" size. In June of last year, I took a 2,000+ mile trip using this. Not only is it a great to sit on, it also keeps the "jewels" nice and cool in hot / humid weather. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

x2. I don't use it on the F6B, but I had it on my 2004 VStar. The original seat on that bike was unbearable after 40 minutes or so. I added the AirHawk R and it was great. The downside is that I had to buy a taller windshield - the Airhawk will raise your seat height an inch or two - which was just enough to put my dome up into the wind and create intolerable buffeting and noise.

I am keeping the AirHawk when I sell the VStar - I may want to use it in the future for the sake of this --> :moon: